• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I reckon that's a question that none of us can honestly answer with 100% honesty until we are in the situation, unless we honestly spend every dime like it is our last.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

When the Lord presented me with this question.....i thought long and hard. Because it's all I will have forever. No more added. Done finished. So I thought how can i serve others in this and its only $5....?  This was my reply to Him, I would purchase 2 to 3 baby chicks, 2 female, 1 male so they would reproduce.....with the amount left over I would buy as much assorted seed as possible to grow food. In hopes that those around me could also reap the benefit, even though it would take some time, you have egg, meat, vegetable. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

The question was, 'what would you do if God gave you for the last time $5'?

In any case I would be a hypocrite to do anything other than what I normally would do with my money.

That is correct. And if someone beside you was struggling would you give that $5 to them?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

A while back God proposed this question to me. It was during a time in my life that I was feeling very greatful for what HE had done in our life. He asked me.....What would you do if right now I gave you $5 and it was to be the last money EVER put into your hand??? What would you do with that money as to continue as prosperous as you could for the rest of your time here on earth. Now bear in mind, HE GAVE THE MONEY AND HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH IT. I put myself in that position and I came up with what I FELT LIKE THE LORD WOULD HAVE ME DO WITH IT.  So now I pose the question to you guys.......Just remember, he watches carefully what we do with the things HE gives to us!!!  So what would you do with that $5 ???

Well I have difficulty with the premise, but okay-

If I were down to five dollars and knew money would never exist for me again, I'd buy a ball of string, and a used jack knife. I'd go to any chicken fast food place,  dumpster dive there for chicken bones, and walk to the backwaters of the coast that is so full of crab. I'd wrap a chicken bone in string, put it into the water and wait for the crabs to come, then retrieve the bone with  the free crab. I'd do it all day.

Then I'd go to the cabbage palms and slice out some heart of palm. Plus I'd tear loose some oysters, and make a string snare net for angel fish too. I'd tap into the fresh water swelling from under the salt water up all along the coast. I'd feast much like the Seminoles did. what of the majority of the cash? I'd walk by church and leave it there, along with some fresh crabmeat. Thanks be to God.

Now if I couldn't figure how to fish, I might  go to church first with the first fruits, the gain from God, and just leave my offering there. Perhaps I'd keep $4.00 go to Steak and Shake buy a $3.00 hot dog  leaving a dollar tip, giving thanks to God for the food, leaving a $1.00 tip to show that  Christians are not pikers.

54 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Depends. If their struggle is because they are too lazy to work, then probably not. But if it is from uncontrollable circumstances, then yes.

Those words have little or no compassion.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

50 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Those words have little or no compassion.

Comment from the peanut gallery:

Just wisdom of the word of God?

"Warning Against Idleness

Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.  For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you.  It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate.  For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.  For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies.  Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.

As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.  If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed.  Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother."

But as to that last $5.00.... Oh! Two quick picks with the extra dollar - one Powerball, one Florida Lotto, total $5.00! Surely that's why God would have given me $5.00 with the message this is the last you are getting,  as it is the last I will need when I hit 5 of 6 on both lotteries. Well unless God would be telling me it's lunch time and this is money for  your last meal, go get a last meal at Checkers.

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ever hear of 'tough love'?

Matthew 25:34-40

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

OK, that has to do with how the nations treated Jesus' brethren (the Jews) during the tribulation.

Nope

Question: "Who are the 'least of these' in the Bible?"

Answer:
The “least of these” is a phrase that originates from Matthew 25:31–46, where Jesus speaks of those in need. Verses 35–40 read,

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’”

The “least of these” refers to those in a variety of needy situations. They include the hungry, thirsty, impoverished, sick, and imprisoned. In this context, Jesus is speaking to those on His right, that is, the righteous. The needy are called Christ’s “brothers”; thus, the reference is to the righteous helping fellow disciples. Jesus said that those who cared for such individuals were not merely serving other people. They were serving Him.

In the same passage, the opposite is also noted. The narrative concludes with Jesus condemning those who saw believers in need and yet did not help. He says,

“For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’”

Jesus connected service to the needy with eternal rewards and punishments. Though salvation is by faith alone apart from good deeds (Ephesians 2:8–9), the redeemed will be “eager to do what is good” (Titus 2:14), including extending charity to fellow believers in difficult situations. Those whose lives are marked by apathy toward the needy show they have not been transformed by the grace of Jesus Christ.

God has always shown a special concern for the poor and needy (Psalm 35:10). It should come as no surprise that He expects His followers to do the same, especially toward those of the family of God (Galatians 6:10). What is surprising about the “least of these” is that our service is ultimately not to the poor, but to Christ Himself.

https://www.gotquestions.org/least-of-these.html

49 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Got Questions left out 'Before him will be gathered all the nations'. It is a judgement of the nations, not the Church, after the tribulation but before the Millennium.   He sits as King judging as He has returned King of Israel.

Sorry, Got Questions got it wrong this time.

Suit yourself.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I would buy some food for a hungry person.  And trust God would give me another five.