• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

About abortion, Pro-Life and Pro-Choice

A good friend of mine, who is not a Christian, but a thoughtful man, actually like a brother, wrote me and disagreed.  He is a man who does care for others, we just start from a different place.  He did mention in his note to me that if Universal Contraception was available it would take care of a good deal of the problem.  His name is Marco and if anyone met him would like him for his passion and depth of insight into many of the problems that we are dealing with at this time.  We both know and understand that the women who get abortions go through a horrendous process and many never get over it.  Hence a central problem if not the main one for the abortions issue.  I am not pointing fingers at anyone, for I have friends and family who have procured abortions….life is messy and chaotic. 

Marco,

"I think there is universal access to contraception.  I believe that is another question.  However, when the sexual act is reduced to 'play' without regard for consequences is a problem.  Marco, one reason you are interested in the rights of animals is that they are not objects to you, nor are they commodities, they are real living creatures.  I don't always agree with everything you say about animal rights, yet people need to stop looking upon animals as things' and in that I applaud you.

The same goes for the 'fetus'.  Funny, when a woman wants to have an abortion, it is a fetus.  When she wants to keep it, it is a child developing.  We use words to protect us from understanding the evil in what we are doing.  Cruelty to animals for instance.  We can call it sport, or scientific experimentation etc.  That way we don't have to face the suffering we cause other animals.  We label them.  We also label the life in the womb as a 'fetus' or 'mere tissue''.   Or the 'Woman's right to choose ', mind-numbing repetitions to cover over the conscience.  I can't believe that during the democratic convention a woman got up and bragged about getting an abortion, how it helped her in her career.....so the life in her womb was a commodity, mere tissue, if she wanted the child, I doubt she would think in those terms.  Abortion is murder, which is legal, just as mercy killing in this country will soon be.  When something becomes a law, it matures, grows and can get out of control.  Like in the Netherlands… doctors are starting to choose on their own who is to live or not.  That was not the intention of 'mercy killing', yet when doctors overstep they are not persecuted.  Roe and Wade was introduced with the intent of allowing abortions for women in danger......now it is a right for all woman to get an abortion for any reason. 

However, the issue goes beyond my thoughts on the issue, or yours.  It is here to stay; like I said… for it to lessen significantly or to even go away, cultures would have to change in ways that are impossible.  So all anyone can do who is pro-life is to stay calm, loving and compassionate.  Life is very, very, very, messy.  Becoming violent, insulting and physically aggressive only makes things worse for everyone.

My post was not directed at people who are pro-choice but towards those who understand the sacredness of life in the womb so that they will not despair, or get angry or violent.  I do not underestimate our potential for violence, in  me, you, or the gentle old lady who lives in her apartment."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

One young girl who had an abortion came to Christ because of it.  She had such guilt that even after she became a Christian she struggled with the guilt.  I reminded her of Paul who considered himself the chief of sinners because he had gone around persecuting Christians, and even helped in stoning Stephen to death.  

But we all are guilty of the sin for which Christ died.   God demonstrates His love, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Imagine how much stress would be alleviated in the individual if they stopped thinking they had a right to put their preferences into someone elses life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

"About abortion, Pro-Life and Pro-Choice"

If we want to be totally honest here are terms that should be used:

PRO-LIFE SHOULD BE ANTI-ABORTION

PRO-CHOICE SHOULD BE PRO-MURDER

"Choice" has a nice deceptive ring to it,  that is why the term has become "Pro-Choice".

In any event abortion is murder.

12 hours ago, Willa said:

One young girl who had an abortion came to Christ because of it.  She had such guilt that even after she became a Christian she struggled with the guilt.  I reminded her of Paul who considered himself the chief of sinners because he had gone around persecuting Christians, and even helped in stoning Stephen to death.  

But we all are guilty of the sin for which Christ died.   God demonstrates His love, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us..

I agree, there is always hope.

Peace
mark

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

The detractors of God's Word are great wordsmiths weaving euphemisms enchanting and luring people into their godless actions such as abortions. Their consciences are not bound to truth and freely deceive and get their way through the crafty use of words.

Eventually, they kill their conscience.  I am talking about those who do them.  However, I have met quite a few who woke up and now work for pro-life.

Peace
mark

10 hours ago, Ezra said:

"About abortion, Pro-Life and Pro-Choice"

If we want to be totally honest here are terms that should be used:

PRO-LIFE SHOULD BE ANTI-ABORTION

PRO-CHOICE SHOULD BE PRO-MURDER

"Choice" has a nice deceptive ring to it,  that is why the term has become "Pro-Choice".

In any event abortion is murder.

Yes, call it murder, just legal.   Sad state of affairs.

Peace
mark

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Days Won:  2

I just dont get why those wanting to twrminate just dont adopt. Yes they have to go through the pregnancy, but its at least better for all involved. There are so many that cant have children.  Those people should have the help they need during a pregnancy and after, and the baby. Then I think the amount of abortions would be reduced. Id gladly give money and support for that.  Its heartbreaking to see the pictures. Quite ironic, when those people who abort or think its ok see a baby to abort as just a blurp but as soon theyre pregnant, oh, Im pregnant with a baby!

22 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

I just dont get why those wanting to twrminate just dont adopt. Yes they have to go through the pregnancy, but its at least better for all involved. There are so many that cant have children.  Those people should have the help they need during a pregnancy and after, and the baby. Then I think the amount of abortions would be reduced. Id gladly give money and support for that.  

A pregnancy will alter and possibly damage your body for life. On top of that you have the financial issue, with loss of income from days you can't work due to sickness, ache, etc. on top of that you have the social judgements. I do not have any problems understanding why anyone would choose to terminate.

So you want women who do not wish to be mothers to be pregnant for 9 months, put their life on hold, be judged by their peers and go through a painful delivery, so that someone can adopt their baby? Then make it less of a misfortune for them. 

If the common view where that women who are pregnant to adopt babies are saints, revered in society and compensated for their time and pain, I think the situation would be different. 

Also, the men should not be forgotten. Someone who impregnates a person that do not wish to be pregnant are to blame just as much as the pregnant person. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/22/2017 at 1:03 PM, Saktmodig said:

A pregnancy will alter and possibly damage your body for life. On top of that you have the financial issue, with loss of income from days you can't work due to sickness, ache, etc. on top of that you have the social judgements. I do not have any problems understanding why anyone would choose to terminate.

So you want women who do not wish to be mothers to be pregnant for 9 months, put their life on hold, be judged by their peers and go through a painful delivery, so that someone can adopt their baby? Then make it less of a misfortune for them. 

If the common view where that women who are pregnant to adopt babies are saints, revered in society and compensated for their time and pain, I think the situation would be different. 

Also, the men should not be forgotten. Someone who impregnates a person that do not wish to be pregnant are to blame just as much as the pregnant person. 

Thats what I mean, those, that doesnt want their child and cannot keep it for what ever reason, should have all support they need, in all ways, both financially and other means, whatever it takes, and afterwards too as long needed, and for the baby, thats much better than the current situation.

Edited by Steve_S
Removed non-english language portion.