• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Jonah's prophecy didn't come to pass for a very specific reason -

The people of Ninevah fasted and prayed and cried out to the LORD to turn His wrath away from them.

That's what makes it different.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is true, however what would have happened if they hadn't listened. Was the prophecy true when he said it.

I have no ideal what Easter will bring..which is ishtar and not resurrection Sun anyways.

I do know we have to work while it is still day, because the night is coming very quickly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

No chocolate easter bunnies for them (the Californians)

Anyway....it's not that hard to make a "prophecy" under such ambiguous terms.

"I believe there will be another war-like conflict for the US in five years. Though it might be a little longer than that and be according to God's timetable, I believe it will happen."

It's really not all that hard. In fact, even Joseph Smith was able to get one prophecy right about the US going into Civil War. He stated that the US would eventually go into Civil War "soon"...this was after South Carolina threatened seperation for the first time of course, so it wasn't that hard.

It's not that hard to Prophecy a Tsunami on the West Coast when geological evidence and historical evidence shows it has happened before and will happen again.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I say this because the one thing that is missing from every "doom" prophecy is something that can be seen as verification to the prophetic word.

And since the interpretation of the word is open to question, then

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Deu 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously.

Careful. Not one word of Jonah's prophecy came to pass. Yet we know from the Lord himself that Jonah was an anointed prophet, and that his message was inspired by God. God is merciful. When people repent, he forgives, and turns away from sending judgment.

Noah interceded, and God spared Noah and seven other people. Abraham interceded, and God spared Lot, and tried to save the rest of his family, but only the two daughters followed. Moses interceded, and God spared Israel, whom he had just vowed to destroy.

Be careful you don't call people a false prophet because of a wrong understanding of prophecy. Which is better? A prophecy of judgment that doesn't come to pass, yet people repented and got saved. Or a prophecy of blessing that comes to pass, yet nobody gets saved?

But now lets look at the reverse side of the coin. does it mean it is of God just because it does come to pass? Nope.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 - Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did a study recently on false prophets verses true prophets, and no where do I see false prophets warning people of danger so that they will repent and turn to God. If you read the scriptures about false prophets, you will find just the opposite to be true. They tell people that everything is safe and they tell them to not worry about their sins and they whitewash the gospel and they say the things people want to hear.

True prophets confront sin, they call for repentance, they warn people of God's judgments, etc. So, when you are trying to decide if a prophecy is true or false, you must look at what the Bible teaches about false teachers/prophets and the kinds of things they say versus true prophets/teachers and the kinds of things they say.

I read back over Michelle's original post here, and she only suggested that Easter might be a time to be watching, because many people were predicting Easter as the time for God's judgment. I also suggested that Easter weekend might be the time of God's judgment, because the signs I am seeing seem to point to this time, but I also did not prophesy that something is definitely going to happen over Easter, though I still believe it is highly likely and I am getting prepared just in case. If it is not this week, then it is soon. That I am certain of. But, define "soon." I feel strongly that it is right around the corner, but God has not asked me to set dates. So, if it never happens before the return of Christ, then I guess it was false. Michelle feels it will be a Tsunami on the West Coast. I believe it is a disaster that is unheard of before that will come and it could affect more than one coastal area, and perhaps could hit the "four corners" of our nation. But, this is not a prophecy of any specific destruction, place or time.

I think if you could consider anything here a prophecy, it would be that some kind of natural or unnatural disaster is about to hit the USA in proportions like we have never known before and people need to be warned that they need to repent of their sin and they need to turn to God. I don't think anyone can say with any absolute definiteness how, when or where it is going to hit. The main point is that God is getting ready to judge his church, in particular, and we need to get ready. The other point is what someone said about examining the prophecy against the word of God and in prayer through the Holy Spirit. You can not reason this with your own intellect. You have to take this as a matter of prayer before God. I think it would be foolish to just ignore it because it does not fit with your thinking. Too many people are saying the same stuff, and I'm hearing more and more each day from unsolicited sources outside of this website.

The point is people that we need to humble ourselves before God, seek his face, repent of any known sin, and then we will see God's healing not only in our lives but the lives of our households and the church, because revival begins with you and me.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87

The point is people that we need to humble ourselves before God, seek his face, repent of any known sin, and then we will see God's healing not only in our lives but the lives of our households and the church, because revival begins with you and me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen, this is my point exactly.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I would also like to add that Jonah's word was received and believed by the people of Ninevah probably because he looked like death warmed over having been in the big fish for three days!

I say this because the one thing that is missing from every "doom" prophecy is something that can be seen as verification to the prophetic word.

And since the interpretation of the word is open to question, then  :huh: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Bible teaches us that no one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts and convinces. These people did not repent because of the messenger. These people repented because of God Almighty! They took God seriously! And, each one of you here has to examine your own heart before God and make sure you are in a right relationship with him and perhaps if enough people take it seriously and repent and we have a revival in our nation, then God will change his mind like he has done before. I am not asking you nor is Michelle asking you to believe what we have said because "we" have said it. You will have to ask God if it is true. Have you? Have you asked God? Have you taken some serious time before God to ask him what he is doing? If it were just one person saying this, I would say just tuck it in the back pocket, if two, then give it a little interest, but if three or more, then I would take it seriously, and there have been many more than three of us saying the same thing on here on various posts, including an article that was on here by David Wilkerson. So, don't take it lightly. Check it out in your quiet time with God. You can discuss it here from an intellectual standpoint and even a biblical standpoint from your own interpretation of scripture, but you MUST go before God with this if you really want to know. I urge you! Let God tell you what he thinks of this.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  54
  • Birthday:  12/19/1969

Yes, knowing what is to come should always motivate us to be busy about our Father's business (II Peter 3).

I had some fears also when I saw what was coming until I started having dreams and seeing how I was divinely protected against every disaster. God will pass over his people the same way the death angel passed over Israel when judgment came upon Egypt.

We need to rebuke fear and look to God in faith (Psalm 91). Blessings.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, I took the advise . . . and asked the LORD what I should think . . .

And the first impression I got was to check out the web page mdulin has for a sin line.

UFO's?????

Humans inhabiting Mars in the future?

:whistling:

You have got to be kidding!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I wish you were here a couple of years ago. A man had a prophecy from the LORD that there would be a major earthquake along the fault line along the Mississippi River on May 7th(?) of the year. He wrote his prophecy on many Christian message boards. He used money from his own pocket to write booklets
about it - even giving them out for free - because he wanted to warn everyone of the coming destruction. Every word about him was sincere and humble, even against the worst of skeptics and criticisers.

The earthquake never came.

Honostly, I was behind the man the whole way - defending the proophetic word and everything.

But it never came.

I had a lot of humble pie to eat myself for having stood up for his word so strongly.

Even more, I have heard lots of prophecies before with given time frames - and the time frame came and went with no fulfillment of the word.

That earthquake prophecy to me was the last straw.

All due respect, WSB, I need more

I don't have a whole lot to say about this thread in paticular....but I just wanted nebula to know...I remember...I was here...and we could have sat together and ate that humble pie :emot-hug::whistling:

Love and Blessings,

Angel