• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

Hey guys. Been doing some research lately into both the books that some claim were left out of the bible and also comparing many of the versions of the bible that use today. Here are just a few scriptures for comparison. Are these just grammatical differences or does it give a different meaning altogether?

1 John 4:3

(NIV)  but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
(ASV) and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh; and now it is in the world already.
(BBE) And every spirit which does not say this is not from God: this is the spirit of Antichrist, of which you have had word; and it is in the world even now.
(NIV) but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
(KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I Timothy 3:16

(ASV) Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness:
(BBE) Every holy Writing which comes from God is of profit for teaching, for training, for guiding, for education in righteousness:
(KJV) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(ISV) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Mark 10: 24

(NIV) The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God!
(CEV) The disciples were shocked to hear this. So Jesus told them again, "It's terribly hard to get into God's kingdom!
(ERV) The followers were amazed at what Jesus said. But he said again, "My children, it is very hard to enter God's kingdom!
(ISV) The disciples were startled by these words, but Jesus told them again, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in their wealth to get into the kingdom of God!
(KJV) And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

2 Peter 2:9

(ASV) the Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment unto the day of judgment;
(BBE) The Lord is able to keep the upright safe in the time of testing, and to keep evil-doers under punishment till the day of judging;
(CEV) This shows that the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their sufferings and to punish evil people while they wait for the day of judgment.
(KJV) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Revelation 22:14

(ASV) Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.
(ESV) Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
(KJV) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(WEB) Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.

John 9:4

(ASV) We must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
(BBE) While it is day we have to do the works of him who sent me: the night comes when no work may be done.
(CEV) As long as it is day, we must do what the one who sent me wants me to do. When night comes, no one can work.
(ISV) I must do the work of the one who sent me while it is day. Night is approaching, when no one can work.
(KJV) I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Acts 13:42

(ASV) And as they went out, they besought that these words might be spoken to them the next sabbath.
(CEV) As Paul and Barnabas were leaving the meeting, the people begged them to say more about these same things on the next Sabbath.
(ISV) As Paul and Barnabas were leaving, the people kept urging them to tell them the same things the next Sabbath.
(KJV) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
(WEB) So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Daniel 3:25

(ASV) He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the aspect of the fourth is like a son of the gods.
(BBE) He made answer and said, Look! I see four men loose, walking in the middle of the fire, and they are not damaged; and the form of the fourth is like a son of the gods.
(ESV) He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”
(KJV) He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Mark 7:19

(ASV) because it goeth not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught? This he said, making all meats clean.
(BBE) Because it goes not into the heart but into the stomach, and goes out with the waste? He said this, making all food clean.
(CEV) It doesn't go into your heart, but into your stomach, and then out of your body." By saying this, Jesus meant that all foods were fit to eat.
(KJV) Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
(LITV) This is because it does not enter into his heart, but into the belly, and goes out into the waste-bowl, purging all the foods.
(DRB) Because it entereth not into his heart but goeth into his belly and goeth out into the privy, purging all meats?

Edited by ProphecyKid

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not sure what you point is in the post....    I would suggest you get a good interlinear Bible with both the Hebrew/Greek words and english translation along with Strongs numbers so you can look up each word to get a better idea of what each says....   you can take the numbers and look them up in either Strongs or Vines or some other lexicon or dictionary.

But to answer your question on the surface no they don't all say the same thing, but they do tell the same story.... 

1 minute ago, other one said:

I'm not sure what you point is in the post....    I would suggest you get a good interlinear Bible with both the Hebrew/Greek words and english translation along with Strongs numbers so you can look up each word to get a better idea of what each says....   you can take the numbers and look them up in either Strongs or Vines or some other lexicon or dictionary.

But to answer your question on the surface no they don't all say the same thing, but they do tell the same story.... 

My point is that they largely do but in some cases they don't and the differences are significant. Take the first one. kJV says if one denies that Jesus came in the flesh, the others say Jesus is from God. Those are totally different. I didn't even post any examples of where some of the other verses totally left out verses. If its not a serious thing to you then I remind you that the bible warns against removing or adding anything to the scriptures.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, ProphecyKid said:

My point is that they largely do but in some cases they don't and the differences are significant. Take the first one. kJV says if one denies that Jesus came in the flesh, the others say Jesus is from God. Those are totally different. I didn't even post any examples of where some of the other verses totally left out verses. If its not a serious thing to you then I remind you that the bible warns against removing or adding anything to the scriptures.

the Bible is written in individual books and was put together later....   that warning most people quote only pertains to the Book of Revelation.

You can't take single verses and compare the stories for the whose context isn't available without reading at least a paragraph.    And if you are just looking for mistakes in the Bible then i really don't have time for the conversation.

The basic answer is no, not every Bible is created equal.

Some versions such as King James or NASB go for a literal translation from the original languages into English. Others such as the NIV go for a "thought to thought" or dynamic equivalence, where the ideas and not the actual words get translated. Then there's The Living Bible (not to be confused with the New Living Translation) and "The Message" which serve as paraphrases of scripture, essentially a commentary on scripture. It all depends on what the reason behind a particular Bible's existence is, and what method the translators employed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Are all Bibles Created Equal?

Short answer: No. Many versions are actually corruptions of the Bible. Kindly read and study some of the books published on this subject.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, ProphecyKid said:

Oh my gosh, when I was in new age there was a so called space brethren that I now understands a spirit of evil that just went "oh, Jesus is from God, Hes godly".  So that proves the point!!!! That if the spirit is not asked if they believe Jesus came in flesh, then....doom..

so, if someone with the wrong interpretation where they are told to ask if Jesus is from God, the evil wouldve got away with fooling that poor listener!!!! It wouldve! 

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Are all Bibles Created Equal?

Short answer: No. Many versions are actually corruptions of the Bible. Kindly read and study some of the books published on this subject.

How about those people, that say oh the bibles are all from God, just different interpretations? Meaning theyre all just as useful. 

5 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Oh my gosh, when I was in new age there was a so called space brethren that I now understands a spirit of evil that just went "oh, Jesus is from God, Hes godly".  So that proves the point!!!! That if the spirit is not asked if they believe Jesus came in flesh, then....doom..

so, if someone with the wrong interpretation where they are told to ask if Jesus is from God, the evil wouldve got away with fooling that poor listener!!!! It wouldve! 

Exactly.. Gnosticism which was one of the beliefs system that came up sometime to the end or not far after Paul's time denied specifically that Jesus came in the flesh. There is a reason for the specificity of the bible I believe some of the "mistakes" are intentional to support beliefs that the editors had that were not originally supported by the inspired words of God.

Thats interesting. Every christian should be interested inthe right shoe fit so to speak.  Waw ... I cant help to wonder, how many been decieved by this. Ive never demied Jesus inflesh strangely enough even when out in new age. Something in me if asked, couldnt. I loved Him even then.  Waw.. This must really prove that not all bibles bear to rome?!  Shocking you know Ive been thinking about it since I read recently that the other bibles dont have all as in words, meanings etc as KJV. Then. I proceeded to read the other bibles are cursed, because of it, that they lack Gods power. Less power because of changed words. I was gonna ask myself..  I asked God to show me.. Funny..