Lizam

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like I made a bad decision in marrying my husband. I believe he has a mental impairment and although he is a teacher he is slow to process information and behaves inappropriately. I have son with him who has a developmental delay which I believe he will overcome. Hisfamily doesn't like me. Hismother is weird and horrible to me. One of his brothers had alabel of mental retardation and overcame it. I didn't truly realize all these things until I gotmarried to him and I can not imagine having another child with him or building a life especially since my in laws treat me horribly. I am miserable

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

repeat the vows you made to him AND God- Then ask yourself with God's Word and promises do I want Him to break them with me

Matthew 7:2 (KJV)

[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

We are in our sin nature predisposed to reason from our own advantage... but if we have asked Jesus into our lives and hearts we have other avenues of consideration like not regarding the short time here as anything to difficult. You have faults as well that he must live with... ask God to move your heart to keep the vows you gave h/Him... Prayed... Love, Steven

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lizam

Welcome to Worthy............I'm sorry you are going through this at this time and will certainly be praying for you....

This is the "Seekers Lounge" ,this is where unbelievers ,seekers & guests ask us questions(Seeking Answers) about our Faith .....what would you like to ask? Have you or your husband ever considered "Seeking God" together,individually? The place to begin is at the Foot of the Cross,perhaps you can tell us a bit more about what/WHO you Believe and we can start  from there ,if you want support,encouragement & advice from us

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Your troubles at home are only a circumstance,God is not a God of circumstance.........with Him ALL things are possible!!!                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Praying for you Lizam may Gods peace guide you. in Jesus name amen!

Edited by Prophet of change Lou L
Might not be right place and time.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, Lizam said:

I feel like I made a bad decision in marrying my husband. I believe he has a mental impairment and although he is a teacher he is slow to process information and behaves inappropriately. I have son with him who has a developmental delay which I believe he will overcome. Hisfamily doesn't like me. Hismother is weird and horrible to me. One of his brothers had alabel of mental retardation and overcame it. I didn't truly realize all these things until I gotmarried to him and I can not imagine having another child with him or building a life especially since my in laws treat me horribly. I am miserable

Welcome to Worthy,

Your not married to your in laws.  The Bible is clear that the only grounds for a divorce is if infidelity has occurred. When you say he behaves inappropriately what does that mean, in what manner?

My question is do you love  him and did you not see any of this when you were dating.  I would suggest you speak to your pastor.  Do you go to church?  are you a born again believer in Christ.  If not you need to commit your life to Jesus, get involved with a good Bible believing church and go from there.  Start  praying for your husband too.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, Lizam said:

It is only one side I am seeing here so it is hard to come to a conclusion of your situation. Are you sure that you did not see all of this before you married him? That would be hard to overlook. Are you or your husband a Christian?Did you genuinely love him when you married him? You are married and you do not have a reason for a Biblical divorce. Is he abusive? Maybe you should treat the whole situation with grace and kindness and possibly try to keep your contact with his family at a minimum. In the end it is your choice.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lizam

Exactly,I agree with MM....we would love to hear from you.....there is not very much we can say at this point ,we do not even know if you or your husband are Christians etc...... I do hope you will join us here that we may give you encouragement & maybe help answer what questions you may have

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God hates divorce.  Learn to love your husband as he is.  If you can't, invite Jesus Christ into your life, confessing that you can't love him, and ask God to help you see him through His eyes, as a child that He loves so much that He sent His only Son to earth to die for him so that he could be adopted into God's own family!