• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Publishing this story must have given the editors at the NY Times fits.

The issue is so-called 'transgender rights'.  In this case, whether or not admittedly confused little boys or girls should use the school restrooms assigned to the opposite gender.  

Evil right-wing, protestant, traditional, white, minority hating, or _______________(fill in the blank) people say of course little boys should use the boys room; little girls should use the girls room.  Well, can't have that - that's just common sense.  

The patron saint of the TIMES, Barack Obama, decreed that no - let's turn everything on its head and make it a 'rights' issue. 

So why would this have given the TIMES fits?

Enter Betsy DeVos.  The new Education Secretary who, according to the Times, is like 'the devil incarnate'.  How can she, in the view of the NY TIMES, have ANY redeeming qualities?

Well hold on.  Mr. Trump wants to rescind Barack The Great's order  (boooo hissss) and leave the issue to the states, but who is opposing him? Why, the evil Betsy DeVos, that's who!

Does that mean that she is ENLIGHTENED - just like the NY TIMES?  

You know the TIMES wants to cover this story.  It has Trump (boo hiss); it has the evil Jeff Sessions (boo hiss); it sticks up for non-tradition (yay); it sticks up for the new oppressed minorities (yay).  It has everything.

But it also makes Betsy Devos (boo) look good by opposing Trump (yay), Sessions (yay) and standing up for oppressed minorities (yay).

Pity.  What's a good birdcage liner/fish wrap like the NY Times to do when it's faced with a dilemma such as this?

DISCLAIMER;  THE ABOVE POST WAS WRITTEN AS AN ABSURDITY - TO SHOW THE ABSURDITY OF ONE OF THE PILLARS OF THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.  PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.  PLEASE LET THIS SUFFICE AS MY SARCASM TAG.  THANK YOU.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

DISCLAIMER;  THE ABOVE POST WAS WRITTEN AS AN ABSURDITY - TO SHOW THE ABSURDITY OF ONE OF THE PILLARS OF THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.  PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.  PLEASE LET THIS SUFFICE AS MY SARCASM TAG.  THANK YOU.

Blessings,

-Ed

I take no offense

thanks for giving an opinion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

No offense taken here either.  That stupid order caused more uproar than anything I can think of.  Boys in the girls bathroom, girls in the boys bathroom...yeah, that's a great idea.  Not.  And yes, it should go back to the states since that's who actually controls the schools. There aren't enough transgenders to garner votes from so what was Obama's point. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/22/2017 at 11:45 PM, MorningGlory said:

No offense taken here either.  That stupid order caused more uproar than anything I can think of.  Boys in the girls bathroom, girls in the boys bathroom...yeah, that's a great idea.  Not.  And yes, it should go back to the states since that's who actually controls the schools. There aren't enough transgenders to garner votes from so what was Obama's point. 

I agree Boys in the girls bathroom, girls in the boys bathroom. Puts children in danger.