Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

I pray this will be shared with you -- an investment of 11 minutes of powerful and passionate plea for the lost and forsaken.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Catsmeow

I do like David Wilkerson,his testimony is wonderful  "The Cross & the Switchblade is a favorite movie of mine"

"When Spiritual blindness comes & few recognize it,its the last thing recognized thing that happens to a child of God"that is indeed a very Powerful statement followed by....."Don't tell me your "concerned" when you sit for hours in front of the TV or the internet....where is the anguish,the weeping....."

Listening to him always remind me of...

John 11:35

32Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. 35Jesus wept. 36Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! 37And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died? 38Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

Jesus did not weep for Lazarus.............He wept for the unbeliever                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

57 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Catsmeow

I do like David Wilkerson,his testimony is wonderful  "The Cross & the Switchblade is a favorite movie of mine"

"When Spiritual blindness comes & few recognize it,its the last thing recognized thing that happens to a child of God"that is indeed a very Powerful statement followed by....."Don't tell me your "concerned" when you sit for hours in front of the TV or the internet....where is the anguish,the weeping....."

Listening to him always remind me of...

Jesus did not weep for Lazarus.............He wept for the unbeliever                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

The text implies or suggests his sensitivity to their sorrow. Jesus considered Mary, Martha and Lazarus friends and he visited them regulalry. I don't see belief  to be an issue but it does appear he longed for them and grieved as an ordinary person might under such circumstances.. yet he willed that all would know that he was the "resurrection and the life".   

lazarus-raised-from-the-dead-r-rolle-455373 (2).jpg

Guest BacKaran

What a great sermon!

I felt deep anguish

I felt sick to my stomach for three days

I couldn't comprehend the news

My niece is a homosexual who has committed her life to another homosexual in a union as an abomination to God.....

Oh God how I pray for their redemption but they won't have any of it, they are of this lost world and I cried......

The only one, out of a family of sixty plus people, who cried out to God was me, the outsider, the born again wayward sister of the family, the black sheep.

I wailed in anguish for the loss of my husband but I knew he was saved. My sorrow for him was short compared to the sorrow over my lost niece and family.

My burden is heavy as I pray yet pray I must. . . . 

Be still and know

I am God.... Psalm 46:10

He gives me hope~

2 hours ago, BacKaran said:

What a great sermon!

I felt deep anguish

I felt sick to my stomach for three days

I couldn't comprehend the news

My niece is a homosexual who has committed her life to another homosexual in a union as an abomination to God.....

Oh God how I pray for their redemption but they won't have any of it, they are of this lost world and I cried......

The only one, out of a family of sixty plus people, who cried out to God was me, the outsider, the born again wayward sister of the family, the black sheep.

I wailed in anguish for the loss of my husband but I knew he was saved. My sorrow for him was short compared to the sorrow over my lost niece and family.

My burden is heavy as I pray yet pray I must. . . . 

Be still and know

I am God.... Psalm 46:10

He gives me hope~

Whoa! Stay strong, my sister. Stay strong.

I have young person who just turned 16. Sometimes I'll stay up very late to counsel him and pray....but now he's wanting to start in with an online romance with friend (if you 'get' what I'm saying). I've spent over a year praying on  chat and encouraging him in his faith but he's stubborn about reading a simple version of the bible (New Living Translation)  and I'm a special ed teacher so I'm especially patient.

So much for patience - after a year, he's still not showing interest in learning God's word even though I reach out to him regularly.

I  think God's getting even with me ( just kidding ) when he sends me someone as hardheaded as myself to mentor. Seriously, He is a wonderful and patient Father. There are those of us who have to learn the hard way. I'm one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Praise God's Son Jesus Christ

When I was new to Jesus Christ's Word (which is in the King James Bible and nowhere else today), Wilkerson was one of my favorite speakers.

But as I continue to increase in knowledge and understanding by God's Son Jesus Christ (who died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day), Jesus brought to my awareness the leaven that Wilkerson disseminated.

Jesus's Word warns his children to try the spirits and not be carried about with every wind of doctrine.

Jesus Christ's children today are baptized with the Holy Ghost (not "a baptism of anguish") through faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ (not "anguish").

@ 10:48 when Wilkerson makes an 'altar call', the name of God's Son Jesus Christ is absent for the remainder of the video.

@ 10:57, Wilkerson teaches the error that it is acceptable with Jesus to call upon the word "God" (i.e. "God I don't have your heart or burden", and "God that is what we desire" @ 11:48) instead of always upon the name of God's Son Jesus Christ (1 John 3:23, John 14:6, 14-15, 23-24).

@ 11:33, Wilkerson teaches the error that Jesus will answer a prayer made unto him by the word "God". The devil is the "god" of this world (2 Cor. 4:4).

Jesus hears the prayers of his saints made unto him in the name of his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 5:13-14).

@ 11:16, Wilkerson teaches that obeying the Holy Spirit and taking on his heart enables a person to hear God's voice. This is not sound doctrine. Jesus's children are to believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, whereby Jesus will direct our paths (1 John 3:23, Prov 3:6).

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ (Eph. 4:15)

Blessed be the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God

Paul taught in Ephesians 4:14 14 Then we will no longer be infants,tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. 

You evidently think David WIlkerson was a deceiving schemer. 

I'm not going to waste time debating this with you. I'll let Apostle Paul do that... 

Romans 14:3 The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike.

and finally Jesus's own words: Matthew 7:2  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Haughtiness is a snare I avoid. G'night.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Does the believer create the belief? Or does the belief create the believer?

Baptized in anguish.

Pain is love. Love is pain and suffering.

Act accordingly.

9 hours ago, tinyprayers said:

Does the believer create the belief? Or does the belief create the believer?

Baptized in anguish.

Pain is love. Love is pain and suffering.

Act accordingly.

Isaiah 53: 4,5 4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. 

That's a baptism of anguish. That's pain for love's sake...for no greater love hath any man than to lay down his life for his friend.    

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

10 hours ago, Catsmeow said:

Isaiah 53: 4,5 4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. 

That's a baptism of anguish. That's pain for love's sake...for no greater love hath any man than to lay down his life for his friend.    

What is the proper believers response by those that say because of the torture and the underlying theme in the faith of Christians we are like unto the death cults of old?