Homosexuality

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have never been able to have a Christian answer this question am I allowed to be friends with someone who is homosexual? Doesn't God see someone who is that way as a disgrace?

Edited by Courtney35
Punctuation

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

That all depends on what level of relationship do you consider a friend?

Some people call acquaintances friends, while others consider a friend someone they hold as close, or even closer than, a member of their family.  We are not to ignore them because sin is sin. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Actually OneLight gave an excellent answer.  

Yes we can be friends and still not accept the lifestyle which God does call a sin. We are to love them but hate the sin.  If friendship means to you that you accept them and they way they live then no you can't do that.  You always have to put your relationship with God and His Word first.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/22/2017 at 4:50 PM, Courtney35 said:

I have never been able to have a Christian answer this question am I allowed to be friends with someone who is homosexual? Doesn't God see someone who is that way as a disgrace?

Well, 
If being friends with a homosexual wrong, then I am wrong. I am a friend with a few, because I think that it is not wrong to do so. Surely, God hates that sin, but God hates all sin. If I could not be a friend to sinners, then I could have no friends. 

God, sent His Son to die for sinners like me, like you, and like homosexuals. What I cannot do, is condone sinful behavior. I cannot condone the fact, that some people have stolen a paperclip from their work place, or driven on a road at 36 miles per hour, where the speed limit was 35 M.P.H. I cannot condone the fact, that people have told white lies, or stole a cookie as a child, or got angry at someone who did not deserve it. These people are all sinners.

People who are not Christians, I cannot be too harsh on, and not be a hypocrite, because I too, was at one time, a slave to sin, unable to please God.

However, 1 Cor 5 says in part:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people."

People who claim to be Christians, but live like unsaved people, we are to shun. Of course, we are to confront them about their sin, but if the refuse to repent, and chose to continue, that person I cannot have fellowship with. A Christian is a different category, as a person who is saved, has been freed from a life of slavery to sin, to do the good he/she was created for.

I hope that speaks to your question.

• Thumbs Up 1