newnature

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Who in the world are those involved in religion asking for forgiveness? From God! Therefore the assumption is, God’s not reconciled when they sin. In their mind they are separating themselves from God by their sin. Justification...Redemption...Propitiation...Remission...and Forbearance...all terms God wants people to acknowledge, to become familiar with, and to come to fully appreciate. Never make the mistake of thinking that these terms all mean the same thing. They do not. Each one has a distinct meaning all its own. Oftentimes, people will look at these terms and sort of lump them all together under a heading called forgiveness.

To many people are trying to Christianize the flesh. One should never drive the train from emotions, but there are denominations living in the caboose, driving the train from the emotion standpoint, not living it from the doctrinal standpoint. But think about this: Is forgiveness the same thing as being justified or having someone else’s righteousness freely attributed to their account? They are not one and the same. The human race’s sins have all been forgiven, but forgiveness alone does not mean the person having forgiveness is as perfectly and totally righteous as the one who is doing the forgiving.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Yes, God has imputed the righteousness of Christ upon us.  As we walk in the light, all sin of which we are unaware is being cleansed by the blood of Christ.  It has not broken our fellowship with God or man.  But should we deliberately sin, we must seek God's forgiveness again.  It is not God Who has broken fellowship, but us.  That doesn't mean that we are not His children, but rather proves that we are such.  In Hebrews 12 God chastens and instructs those He loves so as to produce the fruit of righteousness, and part of that is allowing us to feel alone when we have knowingly quenched the Holy Spirit and chosen to do wrong.  Like Adam and Eve in the garden, we become aware of our nakedness and desire to be cleansed.  These sins are not the same as when we originally are convicted of sin, righteousness and judgement, and know that we are lost without God's provision of grace.  That is turning away from a sin loving lifestyle to embrace the Messiah, God in human flesh, and are giventhe power and authority to become adopted into God's family by the Holy Spirit.

I probably have not expressed this well.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

Not quite sure what was being said, but Willa was correct. We were saved, once and for all, and are being sanctified as he has made us perfect.

Our sins may not be able to separate us from the righteousness of Christ, but they can hinder our sanctification, as well as offend the Spirit of Grace within us. We repent, not for salvation, but for reconciling our friendship, so to speak. Not in a salvific manner, but to repair the damaged relationship with God, so we may continue in His Spirit towards glory. But at no time does His Spirit depart us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

...."The human race’s sins have all been forgiven,"....

The question then arises, why are many in hell?  John Piper makes a pretty excellent presentation on the overall subject. Available at http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/for-whom-did-jesus-taste-death "FOR WHOM DID JESUS TASTE DEATH?" 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I do agree that many Christians argue over differing beliefs and doctrine. However I do believe that when a doctrine is being taught or held that is contrary to God's Word then it needs pointed out and discussed. False doctrine should never be left to slide right by and accepted as though true. I do believe that we are to do this in love however I Corinthians 16:13-14 "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong Do everything in love."

As far as emotions go God created is with them. Emotions are not wrong but they can hinder our walk with God if we allow them to be more important that Him. That is why we are commanded to have self-control over our thoughts and actions Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

We do need to stand to the truth of God's Word but do it in love and in the right way. I know discussions can get heated and things go crazy(been there and done that). 

As far as leaving the church I would say that you cannot deduct from one bad experience that all churches are the same. It is important to worship with other believers because one we are commanded to Hebrews 10:24-25 and because this is how we as believers get to know the needs of other fellow church members. Yes I do agree that there are some,churches out there that are not good but again you can't rely some experience and say I'm done going to church. What is happening is your emotions are getting the best of you because the church doesn't agree with your viewpoint. Trust me I don't always agree with how my chair does things and sure I,get irritated. But I won't stop going to,church because of it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Just because Jesus died for our sins, past present and future, does not mean that when we sin we do not ask the Father to forgive us our wrongdoing. There will be a day of accounting for all of our sins that are not confessed. I would rather do that now and acknowledge that I misstepped and seek God's forgiveness. It would be arrogant of me a child of God to think when I did something wrong that I should not say, "I'm sorry. Forgive me."

Paul had to remind people over and over again of his God given position. He had to remind them that he was not one of the 12. That his ministry was distinct and separate. His position was unique...that his message was brand new...that his ministry was different from that of the 12 and that it was divinely ordered. It wasn’t something he chose to do. Paul constantly had to emphasize his ministry, why? Because others were de-emphasizing his ministry. How many today would say we get our marching orders for the church today from the Apostle Paul and not from the 12? Tragically most people and sadly enough most Bible teaching pastors...most seminaries will tell you...Paul was simply preaching what the 12 before him had been preaching. What Jesus had been preaching. He was simply aiming their message at a different people. He was aiming their message at the Gentiles. They would say Paul was the Apostle “to” the Gentiles, rather he was the Apostle “of” the Gentiles. That is what’s being taught by pastors across the land today. Paul knew it was his responsibility to take the message of reconciliation out to a lost and dying world.

Most are going back to the 12, trying to rely upon what the 12 would tell them. How many know of Paul’s distinct message today? Are we moving toward truth or moving away form truth? The Savior did not send Paul to build upon or to add further truth to the message of those who preceded Paul. (Romans 15:20) The foundation they laid was of Jesus as Messiah to the nation Israel. The Messiah is promised to Israel for the ruling over of that Kingdom, that earthly Kingdom promised that nation. Paul would not to have wanted us to mix the message of the 12 in regard to God’s program to and with the nation Israel...with the message specifically given him for the Gentiles. Paul was given that brand new revelation. He would not have wanted us to add or mix earthly Kingdom truth with the message he dispensed. He went to great lengths to separate his ministry with the ministries of those before him. 1 Corinthians 3:10 - But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Place your faith in Jesus’ faithfulness and that alone. Any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in your mind, that are done for the purpose attaining salvation or for the purpose of maintaining salvation or for the purpose of proving one’s salvation is a slap in the face of God who had to provide the gift of salvation, because people’s righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it. Israel had a problem when it came to learning the lesson of their inability and the futility to gain righteousness through performance, and this needs to be perfectly clear in people’s minds lest they fall into the trap that many have fallen into today. God completely took works out of the equation when it came to gaining or maintaining salvation.

Some people are never able to come to the knowledge of the truth because they fear learning. Knowledge of the truth may cause them to have to change the truth they’ve been standing on for who knows how long, and that’s frightening thing for lot of people. It is much easier for many people to avoid learning then change in mid-stream. Paul’s message is unique and distinct from the message of Jesus and the 12. What traditions of the human race must be left behind in order to take the doctrine of Paul seriously. Pride will not let people swallow their own pill. What does it mean to die in your sins? It means to die with your identity in Adam number one, the Adam in rebellion; to die with that identification intact. Reconciliation and Sanctification, two different judicial transactions. God reconciled the entire world; believers and non-believers alike to himself through the blood of the second Adam. Now, a person needs to be placed into God’s son, so that they can have his son’s righteousness attributed freely to their account.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The wages of sin is death.  To sin is to die or be separated from.  To sin against another is to put something between you and them.  Repentance is removing the obstacle causing the death or separation.

I am dead while I live but alive unto God after I die to myself.  This can only be achieved through Christ our Lord.

I live in the spirit though my flesh be dead already.  Who can separate me from the love of Christ?  I am dead and my life is hidden in Christ.  I present my body as a living sacrifices for his use and purpose that he might reconcile yet others unto God.

I have eternal life abiding in me.  I will never die because I am dead already.

Jesus has purchased the entire human race out from the marketplace of sin’s ability to condemn the sinner ever again. Do you see why sin is no longer the issue on the table of God’s justice in this age of grace? It’s no longer the issue in the judicial mind of God who received the payment. In Romans 3:25-26 we find that our magnificent redemption demanded a monumental price. The cost...was the death...and the shed blood...of God’s only begotten son Jesus, (the second Adam - Genesis 3:15). So justification, believing in what Jesus accomplished is a requirement in order to be justified or declared righteous. Who was it that purchased you, the sinner, out of the market place of sin through his shed blood? Did you pay the price to purchase you out of this issue called sins, or did Jesus pay the price? Look at the receipt shown in 1 Timothy 2:6.

Was God only partially satisfied with the payment Jesus made for sins? Or was God fully satisfied where the payment made by his son for the sins of the world are concerned? When you think of Propitiation, think of payment satisfaction, because propitiation means just that, full satisfaction. Not only did Jesus cry out: “It is finished” from the tree of crucifixion, meaning his death for sins, his payment for sins was being brought to a conclusion, he could make that statement because he had fully accomplished what he had set out to do. Of course, that doesn’t mean that the world Jesus redeemed will accept the Redeemer, or the truth of their redemption for that matter so they can be placed into the Savior, Heaven worthy, at that point. The key word expression in connection with Paul’s teaching on Redemption: It would be delivered through ransom; deliverance through a ransom price, 1 Timothy 2:6.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Have you read the epistle of 1st John? I think you are right there in what is delivered to the people of Christ, or as he calls them, little children, as per the other scriptures that speak of why he'd address the people so, and what is said about sin. 

Thank you for posting your thoughts here. :)