• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Is sin a verb, showing action or activity or is it a noun as if it were a presence withing our word? Could a homosexual who dose not act out against Gods laws by actively showing interest in persons of the same sex or sleeping with the same ever enter into the kingdom of God?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I might have a 'cut' on my arm because I was 'cut'.  First is a noun and second a verb.

Sin is what sin does and what sin does bears the name of sin.

Adam was the son of God but when he ate the fruit sin entered Adam and Adam became sin.

Through Jesus being absolutely righteous he would be labeled sin and rejected as sin by sinners and be sacrificed unto God as such.  To the sinner Jesus is sin but unto us who believe he is the express image of the living God in human flesh.  We judge him worthy of life as King and lay down our lives presenting our bodies as living sacrifices that Christ may reconcile yet others unto himself.

The Devil is Sin.  His fruit is Death.  

A homosexual is what a homosexual is and does what a homosexual does.  According to Paul that can become past tense.  They can be washed and made clean.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

some gay people say I am not accountable for my sexual proclivity, I was born this way~~~~ okay you were, but Jesus says we must be born again-- so you are accountable because there is a way out if a person wants it--- ~~~ Sin is a noun, it names an activity,  Sinning is a verb, it is the action of participating in a sin

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Is sin a verb, showing action or activity or is it a noun as if it were a presence withing our word? Could a homosexual who dose not act out against Gods laws by actively showing interest in persons of the same sex or sleeping with the same ever enter into the kingdom of God?

As a noun, sin is spiritual death/separation from God.   As  a verb sin is what we do that violates God's holy standard.

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

As a noun, sin is spiritual death/separation from God.   As  a verb sin is what we do that violates God's holy standard.

If that sin is heredity wouldn't that make it of no personal fault of the person and simply be of the act of being born  as a human being. Wouldn't that be a state of being instead of a presence?

Guest shiloh357
48 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

If that sin is heredity wouldn't that make it of no personal fault of the person and simply be of the act of being born  as a human being. Wouldn't that be a state of being instead of a presence?

Sin is not hereditary. Sin is not in our physical DNA.   And we are not born into a sinful state. We are held in innocence until the time we are able to know right from wrong and can make a conscious decision to accept or reject God's offer of salvation.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Sin is not hereditary. Sin is not in our physical DNA.   And we are not born into a sinful state. We are held in innocence until the time we are able to know right from wrong and can make a conscious decision to accept or reject God's offer of salvation.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

17 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I believe that they would be able to; they have been attacked by the evil one yet refuse to carry out his orders.  As for sin, It can be either a noun or a verb depending on the context. 

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I believe that they would be able to; they have been attacked by the evil one yet refuse to carry out his orders.  As for sin, It can be either a noun or a verb depending on the context. 

that's what I think as well. I just hope that those who do trespass in that sin learn how empty it is and save themselves before the end.

28 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

We're sinners not because we sin, but because we are dead in sin. Our actions refelct this fact. Even a child, unable to speak, chooses to do evil because they are sinners. Here's a 60 Minute article on the subject. Born good? Babies help unlock the origins of morality - YouTube. What happens when we eat? We absorb the food. It becomes a part of us. Some of it is burned to give us energy, some of it is broken down into amino acids and used to build new cells. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, they were absobing it's contents and it was written into our DNA, which is just like computer code. Since sin was intocudes into all of us because of Adam, we're born sinners. As such, anything the flesh wants, it finds any and all ways to fulfill that lust. But Jesus died for us to be free of all sin. He made a path, we just have to believe Him and follow His path. No more, no less, no excuses. 

That is a very profound and well thought out statement and I prise God for granting that wisdom to you to share. I agree with it wholeheartedly. Thank you.