• Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

Already am one

And why are you going back? Upskilling?

Guest shiloh357
On 2/24/2017 at 5:01 PM, HisFirst said:

I've heard this so many times:

If you go to Uni, you end up an atheist.

If you go to Bible College, you end up doubting Scripture....

Why??!!

I can understand it with Uni, as it is a worldly body but Bible college? What is being taught or, HOW is it being taught or WHO is teaching , that seminary students graduate doubting the Bible?

That's only true if you go to a liberal seminary/Bible college.  There are Bible collages and seminaries that reject the inerrancy of the Bible, reject a literal creation account, are cozying up to Evolution, and there are some that deny the historicity of Gen. 1-11.  Their degrees are not  worth a dime.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That's only true if you go to a liberal seminary/Bible college.  There are Bible collages and seminaries that reject the inerrancy of the Bible, reject a literal creation account, are cozying up to Evolution, and there are some that deny the historicity of Gen. 1-11.  Their degrees are not  worth a dime.

Maybe Pastors need to have their qualifications framed and on the church office wall...

Guest shiloh357
45 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Maybe Pastors need to have their qualifications framed and on the church office wall...

A better approach would be for someone considering joining a church to sit down in a meeting with the pastor and without telling the pastor what one's own views are, ask the pastor for his views on important doctrinal matters like where he stands on evolution, and what he feels about inerrancy and so forth.  Ask him where he stands on moral issues to, like gay marriage, abortion, etc.

One of the biggest mistakes I see people making is that few Christians join a church based on doctrine.  They join because of the activities churches provide their kids, or because of the music, or because the location and service times are convenient, and other reasons, as well.    Doctrine is usually at the bottom of their list of what they look for in a church.  If more Christians joined churches based on sound doctrine, Joel Osteen would be selling shoes.

7 hours ago, HisFirst said:

And why are you going back? Upskilling?

No. But having a seminary degree may open up some possibilities later on. I don't want to pursue at this point a full M.Div (Masters of Divinity), more like a Masters of Theological Studies.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

ask the pastor for his views on important doctrinal matters like where he stands on evolution, and what he feels about inerrancy and so forth.  Ask him where he stands on moral issues to, like gay marriage, abortion, etc.

So, the gospel, and atonement, and how their relationship with God doesn't actually matter as much? Seems to me that the disciples cared more about their relationship with Jesus and how that shaped their social action than they were about arguing the age of the earth.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

I get it but we are surrounded by the world everywhere, and it is the same problems. Some more or less or the same. When that is the case, then whats the difference from the unis and bible schools? I cant see much difference as its all the same. If we feared all then we would have to be taken away from this earth.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, CCole1983 said:

So, the gospel, and atonement, and how their relationship with God doesn't actually matter as much? Seems to me that the disciples cared more about their relationship with Jesus and how that shaped their social action than they were about arguing the age of the earth.

Yes if youre that weak you dont have this youre gonna fall but if you are solid planted you should be not worse than you already are

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, CCole1983 said:

Those issues, such as inerrancy, creation, abortion, gay marriage tells you a lot about his theology and His commitment to biblical truth.  Pastors who are soft on gay marriage, preach evolution and refuse to take a stand on the moral issues of the day like abortion, are not going to be doctrinally  sound in other areas.

Rejecting inerrancy is the gateway to almost all of the things mentioned above, and is the hallmark of liberal Christianity.