Sight

Post where [Sight] communicates

Just so I dont have 50 posts all over the place, I'm going to concentrate the on/offs here.

Right now, even through studying scripture, it's not making a difference. I understand...God is with me, God loves me, God will see me through the end, Jesus is love, love, love, protection, provision, blah, blah, blah.

Folks, I am studying and reading scripture, but I dont care for sentiments. I want results. The only result I can see out of living according to the word of God is..."The bible is an effective coping mechanism. If you believe in it, when bad things happen, you have a placebo. When good things happen, you have a placebo".

Folks, it's getting to the point where I may reject Christianity. It has provided no value for me, other Christians provide no value for me, the church provides no value for me...it's like Christianity is just one gigantic coping mechanism for losers who cant win in life.

You tell me...why should I continue to believe?

(I've tried everything. Nothing works. Tongues. Faith. Standing on the word of God. Life still revolves around it's wheel, and you all still tell people to continue riding the wheel).

Edited by Sight
(To let you know I am trying, but I dont want to keep going)

2 hours ago, Sight said:

Just so I dont have 50 posts all over the place, I'm going to concentrate the on/offs here.

Right now, even through studying scripture, it's not making a difference. I understand...God is with me, God loves me, God will see me through the end, Jesus is love, love, love, protection, provision, blah, blah, blah.

Folks, I am studying and reading scripture, but I dont care for sentiments. I want results. The only result I can see out of living according to the word of God is..."The bible is an effective coping mechanism. If you believe in it, when bad things happen, you have a placebo. When good things happen, you have a placebo".

Folks, it's getting to the point where I may reject Christianity. It has provided no value for me, other Christians provide no value for me, the church provides no value for me...it's like Christianity is just one gigantic coping mechanism for losers who cant win in life.

You tell me...why should I continue to believe?

(I've tried everything. Nothing works. Tongues. Faith. Standing on the word of God. Life still revolves around it's wheel, and you all still tell people to continue riding the wheel).

Without Christ, who will be your Advocate before the Judgement Seat of God?

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(1Jn 2:1)

Hello Sight sorry to hear of your  discouragement with the bible, hope you would reconsider to stick with it a little longer. To know every thing there is to know about the bible is not the answer. sounds like you have been fed a big dose of religion. The books main purpose is to reveal the truth and the Truth is so much more then ink on paper. The truth is a living breathing person named Jesus. To know Him is to Love Him loving His word is a natural thing once He reveals Himself to you. How does He reveal Himself to you? through His word. I have no way of knowing whether anyone has told you that His word is already near you cause He is right there with you. Romans says ch.10 please read! The word is near you its in your mouth and in your heart and if you will confess with your mouth the lord Jesus and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved. And also if you just call on His name you will be saved.  Hoping you  will just call on His name give it a try what have you got to lose. He came to save losers like me. Praying for you to receive your Sight. 

Thank you for your love and concern. It's funny...shortly after posting that, I went to a christian chat site, and I discovered...through talking, that the reason for all of this was PRIDE.

I have struggled with PRIDE for the entire 8ish years I've been born again, and most of my life. I'll get back to everyone when I learn more.

Sight, have you ever considered getting alone with God and allow Him to work in you to create a new creation?  That is what the Holy Spirit does for us, but He will not do this to an unwilling person.  You want results?  I suggest you give your life to Him completely and lay aside your own understanding.  Head knowledge changes very little.  He creates a whole new person in you.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, Sight said:

God wants results, too, Sight. Let me ask you; has He seen any with you? Have you prayed for His will to be done? Have to reached out to aid others? Have you begun attending church and fellowship with other Christians?

Again, if all you really seek from God is Him giving you what you want in this life, you're missing the point. Again, I see no brokenness in you, no sorrow at the thought of your own sin. I see someone who is reading, studying, praying...not to know Him, not to grow, not to help others, not to accomplish His will, but because you're hoping by doing so, by appeasing this deity, that the blessings will rain down on you. Like so many cultures in the past, offering sacrifice, performing ritual, in the hopes to receive the rains. This is not the relationship that God wants from you.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:35 AM, OneLight said:

Sight, have you ever considered getting alone with God and allow Him to work in you to create a new creation?  That is what the Holy Spirit does for us, but He will not do this to an unwilling person.  You want results?  I suggest you give your life to Him completely and lay aside your own understanding.  Head knowledge changes very little.  He creates a whole new person in you.

I have. He revealed the limiting factor was pride. Pride is what has prevented him from acting through me, towards others. Head knowledge was there, pride prevented it from reaching the heart.

12 hours ago, BK1110 said:

God wants results, too, Sight. Let me ask you; has He seen any with you? Have you prayed for His will to be done? Have to reached out to aid others? Have you begun attending church and fellowship with other Christians?

Again, if all you really seek from God is Him giving you what you want in this life, you're missing the point. Again, I see no brokenness in you, no sorrow at the thought of your own sin. I see someone who is reading, studying, praying...not to know Him, not to grow, not to help others, not to accomplish His will, but because you're hoping by doing so, by appeasing this deity, that the blessings will rain down on you. Like so many cultures in the past, offering sacrifice, performing ritual, in the hopes to receive the rains. This is not the relationship that God wants from you.

Yes, many...but because of Pride, I never considered his will, and I was never able to truly understand the blessing of helping others. In my pride, all I...all IT wanted, was power, money, sex, and domination to throw back in God's face, but that's not who I truly am.

Understanding flesh vs spirit helped me isolate and target Pride. Pride is what keeps the flesh alive at it's root...the notion of the flesh saying "I AM SUPERIOR TO MY CREATOR. I HAVE AUTHORITY TO DICTATE MY OWN BLESSINGS". This contradicts the word of God, but it was never truly...me...who believed that, it was just something in me that prevented God from acting.

As for that 2nd Paragraph, it was all rooted in pride. I was doing the right things, towards the right one LORD, but my pride was rooted in my heart. My pride is not me, my pride is the flesh. 

Right now, as I continue, it's subduing the flesh 100% by subduing pride. Pride is what the flesh lives off of. It's almost over.

Continuing to pray for you. Look to all that's good in your life and be thankful praise Him for those things you know Hes done for you. Humility comes not only seeing our weakness but from seeing His greatness. To realize His greatness and to know the great love He has for you is the power to overcome.   Be blessed my friend!

On 2/24/2017 at 7:23 PM, Sight said:

Christianity is simply a system. It takes getting to know the Person...not the system.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
(Joh 11:25)

Thank you for your willingness to be transparent. It is hard for me, as a long-time believer, who sees results most every day, to hear of such a struggle....but then, you DID hear from God concerning pride. Thank God, you heard Him speak. That means, that for the first time, you recognize the results that God has given you. THAT IS HUGE!!!!

Having been in places where I really needed God to show up and I didn't see Him do so, I completely understand the temptation to quit and become bitter. Your post essentially "called God out". While many my judge you for doing that, I do not. God is the Sovereign Creator and if He can't handle His children "calling Him out", then He does not deserve our worship. However, that being said, I personally would not make a habit of it.

Rather, begin to take a new direction. Begin to thank God for hearing you. Begin to thank God for His Word. Because you have read it and begun to study it, you have seen how it is there to help people. Be thankful that God provided His Word to you. Proverbs has much to say about pride and how it affects people. That would be a good study. You can be thankful that He showed you your pride and gave you an opportunity to repent. Thank God for this forum where many people, having read your post, are now praying for you and praying with you because pride is common to us all. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. It was pride that God cast Lucifer out of heaven. Pride is the first tool Satan hits us with to damage our faith. Praise God! He tried to take you out .....AND FAILED!!!!

I encourage you to continue to study and to connect with us here in the forum and find a local church who will pray and walk with you. Find others who are struggling with pride and be accountability partners. Look outward in thanks for all that God has begun to do on the inside. There are others just like you, who need YOU to share your testimony of how God spoke to you concerning pride and showed you a better way.

I am rejoicing with you and praying that God has just begun to raise up a MIGHTY MAN OF VALOR. One who will become a strong warrior in the Kingdom of God.

Blessings