Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sight

Post where [Sight] communicates

80 posts in this topic

I've been praying for you Sight, I just want you to know we care.

Urban legend been around forever:

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Thank you. I have been reading the OT for a while. Up to 1 Samuel 22.

...I pity King Saul, even though he did disobey God grievously, I pity him. It was almost unfair. I have someone I know...he's no friend of mine. He's an arrogant new england preppy-wannabe snob who walks around like he's the prince of buckingham palace...gets whatever he wants, commands influence...in other words:

He's King David, and in comparison, I am King Saul. He's been responsible for most of my hateful words here. As of now, I just focus on God's word, but I wished nothing but misfortune and death to this guy. As of now, I dont care as much, because of the word of God, but when I read about King Saul, I pity him. I feel like King Saul, and that other arrogant preppy snob is King David.

if I did not have the word of God working in me right now, I would be much more vicious, but reading King Saul's plight against David...makes me feel like King Saul, and all my past memories made me think that God saw me as a King Saul. It sickens me.

Are you comparing King David, a "man after God's own heart," with an  "arrogant new england preppy-wannabe snob who walks around like he's the prince of buckingham palace?"

King Saul typically isn't the guy you want to emulate, what with the multiple grievous sins, disrespecting God, demon possession...and trying to kill David on multiple occasions for no good reason. King Saul was a normal guy until God selected him to be king and blessed him...and Saul responded pretty poorly. His is a story of squandering God's blessings given to him freely, if nothing else.

Sight, I've heard a lot of ideas about the word you used, "victory"  I disagree with a lot of tv evangelists ideas on victory or prosperity, or what they call blessings.  Consider Saul of Tarsus.  Riding around, feeling powerful, born of privileges, with the power over peoples lives to imprison them.  It wasn't until he was knocked off his horse (common saying but scripture does not include any horse reference) and blinded, that the blessing came!  God changed his name to Paul, showed him all he would have to endure for His sake, he was stoned, shipwrecked, beaten, robbed, naked, cold and hungry, would you call this "victory"?  Many here are understanding of what hardships life offers us, and we wish to encourage you to press in for the Holy Spirit to lead you, 

I see the people writing books encouraging christians to have victory, as being valuable encouragement for many, yet, they are making money and influence off of guiding people to seek mostly earthly prosperity.  Thus, I encourage you to continue to consider the eternal vs the temporal, and what is truly valuable and what is rubbish.  God bless,

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

Sight, I've heard a lot of ideas about the word you used, "victory"  I disagree with a lot of tv evangelists ideas on victory or prosperity, or what they call blessings.  Consider Saul of Tarsus.  Riding around, feeling powerful, born of privileges, with the power over peoples lives to imprison them.  It wasn't until he was knocked off his horse (common saying but scripture does not include any horse reference) and blinded, that the blessing came!  God changed his name to Paul, showed him all he would have to endure for His sake, he was stoned, shipwrecked, beaten, robbed, naked, cold and hungry, would you call this "victory"?  Many here are understanding of what hardships life offers us, and we wish to encourage you to press in for the Holy Spirit to lead you, 

I see the people writing books encouraging christians to have victory, as being valuable encouragement for many, yet, they are making money and influence off of guiding people to seek mostly earthly prosperity.  Thus, I encourage you to continue to consider the eternal vs the temporal, and what is truly valuable and what is rubbish.  God bless,

That's garbage to me. I only care for victory. I see others have it. I read the word of God to achieve victory.

I would care, but I have been offended, grieved, and blackballed so many times, I do not care. I will never care. It's either victory, or I reject his name; however, I am reading the word of God so that if something changes, then God can use me for good, but if I imprint the word of God on my heart, and no results occur, mark my words, Jesus is as good as rejected.

I have been hurt too many times for me to call God good. With what is occuring in life right now, I dont expect any of you to understand. When you say "emulate Paul", you tell me you are weak and unwilling to achieve victory. I cannot accept that advice, and you should know why. I am not weak; I am a fighter and a winner. Paul HAD to endure suffering for the sake of scripture, but none of us EVER HAVE TO LIVE LIKE HE DID. Dont feed me that garbage.

Edited by Sight

24 minutes ago, Sight said:

That's garbage to me. I only care for victory. I see others have it. I read the word of God to achieve victory.

I would care, but I have been offended, grieved, and blackballed so many times, I do not care. I will never care. It's either victory, or I reject his name; however, I am reading the word of God so that if something changes, then God can use me for good, but if I imprint the word of God on my heart, and no results occur, mark my words, Jesus is as good as rejected.

I have been hurt too many times for me to call God good. With what is occuring in life right now, I dont expect any of you to understand. When you say "emulate Paul", you tell me you are weak and unwilling to achieve victory. I cannot accept that advice, and you should know why. I am not weak; I am a fighter and a winner. Paul HAD to endure suffering for the sake of scripture, but none of us EVER HAVE TO LIVE LIKE HE DID. Dont feed me that garbage.

Ok, maybe I have not listened to you like I should have.  Can you define "victory" for me?

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

Ok, maybe I have not listened to you like I should have.  Can you define "victory" for me?

Thank you for being understanding. I did not mean to be rude direct towards you, but it's the subject of the matter.

Victory, as I see it, is living everyday, 24/7, 365 in God's blessing, provision, protection, guidance, and love. Victory is having a beautiful wife at my side, also obeying the LORD, and both me and my wife enjoying a life of freedom, love, excitement, passion, and happiness. Victory is being able to be entrusted with God's will for my life, and being a part of his plan to save millions. Victory is waking up in the morning, giving thanks for all the blessings me and my family have, knowing God is smiling on and providing for us.

Victory is never having to worry about what's in the bank account.

Victory is never wondering if we're going to lose anything tomorrow.

Victory is having peace of mind, and being able to relax every day.

Victory is being able to serve others without restraint, even though, at this moment, I could REALLY CARE LESS about helping others. Maybe that will change once I am fully rooted in God's word & love.

Victory is being able to be thankful in all things, and not resentful or angry.

Victory is having a dream, and receiving visions to creatively realize that dream.

Victory is having the respect and fellowship of like-minded people who walk with you, offer friendship, love & acceptance to you, and appreciate your company.

Victory is hanging out with the winners in life, and keeping the toxic losers out, and helping those who want to escape the losers.

Victory is making the WORD OF GOD come alive, and dominating everything that is evil, and living in success and victory all days of life.

I am reading the Word of God more and more, and am allowing it to root in me, and grow. God did not cause my suffering, but his word PROVIDES MY VICTORY, and I believe that strongly. The apostle Paul suffered so we can grow in the word. Jesus DIED so we can be free of sin and have everlasting life.

Matthew 18:18-20

18 Truly I say to you, whatever you [q]bind on earth [r]shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you [s]loose on earth [t]shall have been loosed in heaven.

19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them [u]by My Father who is in heaven. 20 For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”

It's in the word. I shall master the word. I shall allow God's love to reach me, then work through me, so others can witness God's love at work.

Also, on King Saul: Samuel was late, and Saul was pressured to do what he did. Why isn't SAMUEL the one to fault? Samuel was late; he went against his word, and THAT is a sin back then, and God didn't punish Samuel for being tardy (Again, talking Old Testament Law here...)

Edited by Sight

And to add insult to injury, I go on an interview today for MY SEVENTEENTH JOB (Thanks God, pfft) in two years.

...I thought I was going to administer standardized testing in a certain school district. Turns out, I GET PLACED in the school that's in a city with NO AVAILABLE PARKING, a high crime rate, and an 85% chance of getting ticketed. Also, there are never any spots to park, because it's a condensed urban area, and I have no choice but to take the job. NO, I AM NOT GRATEFUL FOR A JOB THAT IS MORE OF AN AGGRAVATION THAN A BENEFIT. I HAVE TO TAKE IT, BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE.

ARE YOU PEOPLE BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND WHY I AM SO HATEFUL AND SPITEFUL? ARE YOU? Are you still going to tell me God is good? Are you still going to INSULT ME...by telling me God provides? Are you? ISNT GOD A PROVIDER? Am I that horrible a human being God deems to give me the worst of the worst in life?

But...I am reading the word of God, and allowing it to change my heart towards him. This is a moment, but mostly, I have been reflecting on the word day and night. I am doing what I can to know God better, but stuff like this...getting a job in a high-risk disaster area...that's a smack and a spit to my face.

Edited by Sight

2 hours ago, Sight said:

Victory is making the WORD OF GOD come alive, and dominating everything that is evil, and living in success and victory all days of life.

I am reading the Word of God more and more, and am allowing it to root in me, and grow. God did not cause my suffering, but his word PROVIDES MY VICTORY, and I believe that strongly. The apostle Paul suffered so we can grow in the word. Jesus DIED so we can be free of sin and have everlasting life.

It's in the word. I shall master the word. I shall allow God's love to reach me, then work through me, so others can witness God's love at work.

Thank you, you said quite a bit, I agree the word of God is alive!

I am glad to hear you read the bible more and more, for wisdom is found in reading God's word.

Now, as to "master the word", in recent years I took to reading scripture, along with books about scripture made by man, along with commentaries, etc.  I searched through quite a few commentaries, and learned as I did so.  Always searching, yearning for what I was missing.  For the past seven years one phrase has been most consistent in my mind: "there has to be more."  Now, please don't think I am trying to say I have the answers, I don't.  Your list of victories, I think as far as receiving peace from God is realistic, though the rest almost seem like you desire heaven here on earth, while scripture clearly tells us we will endure hardships.  

2 Timothy 2:3-4

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

(hmbld, most of the below does not pertain to you, but rather, the majority)

But I dont just want peace from God. I want more. That's why I came to Christ. I WANT MORE.

The peace from God is among the rest I seek. I will not live like a loser. I will HURT CHRISTIANS if the truth is that I cant succeed. I'm up to 1 Kings now, and I have learned God wants his children to win, but they keep sinning. God wants EVERYONE to thrive, but because of sin, that prevents God from going against his word. 

As of now, I can't take any other Christian seriously. I have no respect for any other Christians, especially ones with stinking thinking. I will challenge you, fight you, and humiliate you until I get to the answer. 

I know victory is contained in the bible, and God wants everyone to achieve victory. It is written. I will get to the bottom of it. Yes, everyone goes through hardships, but what ALL OF YOU CONVENIENTLY FORGET TO LEAVE OUT, IS THAT THERE IS A VICTORY WITH EVERY HARDSHIP, AND WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR PHYSICAL LIVES TO END TO CLAIM THAT VICTORY. That is why I am rude to all of you. You dont truly get it. You dont share values of championship and success. I SEE YOU ALL AS WEAK and PATHETIC. You have no drive to win, and it irritates me, because some people who come seeking Christ try to find champions who did it, and all they hear from ARE WIMPY LITTLE BABIES WHO CANT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING.

(hmbld, this isnt you. I'm just speaking from experience).

I AM TOO ANGRY TO BE NICE TO THE MAJORITY OF YOU ANYMORE. I WILL EVOKE THE ANSWERS I SEEK, AND IF I HEAR SOMETHING THAT ISNT VICTORY, I WILL BE MEAN TO YOU. Be aware of that. It's like some of you are OK with being losers in the world. You sicken me.

I will be victorious, in spite of you.

Edited by Sight

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0