• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I was born and raised a Jehovah's Witness before I found the strength to run away from that. I refuse to call it what I once did and that is a cult. I will leave it to others to describe what it is to them. My mother is still a JW and I don't feel right in calling something sh believes such a name, because I think that might jeopardize my relationship with Jesus, because I am to honor her and I will..

Well, when I was still too young to understand what I was doing I asked to be baptized into that religion and did so because I thought  that the adults wanted me to, so I did.

I was wondering if that baptism is valid in the eyes of God because I wasn't baptized because I wanted to give my life to God. I wanted for the adults to be proud of me.?

Does that baptism into the JW binding to the JW's or to God?  If it does bind me to the JW, is there anyways I can remove it from the JW's and attach it the the s=Southern Baptists or will I need to get baptized again in maybe the Baptists?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

This is something you should discuss with the pastor of your new church.

Many years ago, I met a lady who had been raised a Catholic (and had thus been christened/baptised as a baby), then became a JW (and was baptised as a JW), and later became a Christian (and was baptised again, by immersion). She had been 'baptised' three times!

Because JWs do not believe in the Trinity, I don't think that genuine churches would consider their baptism to be a valid Christian baptism.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

This is something you should discuss with the pastor of your new church.

Many years ago, I met a lady who had been raised a Catholic (and had thus been christened/baptised as a baby), then became a JW (and was baptised as a JW), and later became a Christian (and was baptised again, by immersion). She had been 'baptised' three times!

Because JWs do not believe in the Trinity, I don't think that genuine churches would consider their baptism to be a valid Christian baptism.

I have no actual church I go to. I am a truck driver and spend my 4 days at home in my cousins house near Waco Texas. They were going to a church that I liked but something happened that was more political than Christian and we never went back. They go to a church now that has a female pastor who tries to shame her membership into following her ideals and none of that sets right with me.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

This sounds a lot like me actually. I was also raised a JW, but I was being raised by the other part of my family into the Lutheran church, and I was baptized into a random Methodist congregation when I was young.

I personally accept "credo-baptism" as my stance, but I gave it's counterpart a fair shake. I decided to get baptized again when I was 23.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I was born and raised a Jehovah's Witness before I found the strength to run away from that. I refuse to call it what I once did and that is a cult. I will leave it to others to describe what it is to them. My mother is still a JW and I don't feel right in calling something sh believes such a name, because I think that might jeopardize my relationship with Jesus, because I am to honor her and I will..

JW's deny Jesus as God and that qualifies them as cultic... anything placing their faith in JW teaching will perish as God has said

Matthew 10:33 (KJV)

[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

It's pretty clear isn't it?

Well, when I was still too young to understand what I was doing I asked to be baptized into that religion and did so because I thought  that the adults wanted me to, so I did.

I was wondering if that baptism is valid in the eyes of God because I wasn't baptized because I wanted to give my life to God. I wanted for the adults to be proud of me.?

Baptism has only one purpose as an outward sign of a personal belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus as both God (creator) and Man (redeemer).... you have not given that witness when the motivation was to please others....

Does that baptism into the JW binding to the JW's or to God?  If it does bind me to the JW, is there anyways I can remove it from the JW's and attach it the the s=Southern Baptists or will I need to get baptized again in maybe the Baptists?

All that occurred in the first was you got wet... this is the instruction from Scripture

Acts 8:34 (KJV)

[34] And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

[35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

[36] And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

[37] And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

[38] And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Love, Steven

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

JW's deny Jesus as God and that qualifies them as cultic... anything placing their faith in JW teaching will perish as God has said

Matthew 10:33 (KJV)

[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

It's pretty clear isn't it?

Baptism has only one purpose as an outward sign of a personal belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus as both God (creator) and Man (redeemer).... you have not given that witness when the motivation was to please others....

All that occurred in the first was you got wet... this is the instruction from Scripture

Acts 8:34 (KJV)

[34] And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

[35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

[36] And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

[37] And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

[38] And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Love, Steven

Thank you Sir. I need to get baptized.

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I hadn't even noticed that part when I originally read it. 

JW is a cult. I know it's hard to call them that because of personal reasons. I grew up in that culture, and some of my family is/was stuck in it. It can be hard...but going to God's Word, you see that they have been led astray by wolves.

JW doesn't recognize Jesus as God, nor do they recognize the Holy Spirit as God. 

Their religion has constantly been filled with false prophecies.

Most of their main doctrines are false. Aside from Jesus and the Spirit not being God, they believe...
Jesus is Michael
144,000 will go to heaven
You are saved by the continuation of works
They have a head organization "The Watchtower" which believes that new revelation supersedes old revelation
They don't believe in the atonement
The NWT is purposefully crafted to deceive people from the deity of Jesus

The list can go on from here, but these are the big ones.

The fact is we should pray for them to come out of the movement. They are being deceived like we once were, and God is good and can save them to the uttermost.

2 hours ago, lance.dunlop said:

This sounds a lot like me actually. I was also raised a JW, but I was being raised by the other part of my family into the Lutheran church, and I was baptized into a random Methodist congregation when I was young.

I personally accept "credo-baptism" as my stance, but I gave it's counterpart a fair shake. I decided to get baptized again when I was 23.

That sounds like I need to baptized again in a place where I belong and to the God I believe in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Thank you Sir. I need to get baptized.

May God bless your life in obedience too Him through His Word!

Just now, Churchmouse said:

That sounds like I need to baptized again in a place where I belong and to the God I believe in.

Sounds great! Find that place, and talk with the Pastor about your situation and go for it. You can be baptized anywhere you want...just look at the Ethiopian Eunuch. But there's something special about having it done with your church family.