• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, lance.dunlop said:

Sounds great! Find that place, and talk with the Pastor about your situation and go for it. You can be baptized anywhere you want...just look at the Ethiopian Eunuch. But there's something special about having it done with your church family.

:amen: all are lifted by it!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 minutes ago, lance.dunlop said:

I hadn't even noticed that part when I originally read it. 

JW is a cult. I know it's hard to call them that because of personal reasons. I grew up in that culture, and some of my family is/was stuck in it. It can be hard...but going to God's Word, you see that they have been led astray by wolves.

JW doesn't recognize Jesus as God, nor do they recognize the Holy Spirit as God. 

Their religion has constantly been filled with false prophecies.

Most of their main doctrines are false. Aside from Jesus and the Spirit not being God, they believe...
Jesus is Michael
144,000 will go to heaven
You are saved by the continuation of works
They have a head organization "The Watchtower" which believes that new revelation supersedes old revelation
They don't believe in the atonement
The NWT is purposefully crafted to deceive people from the deity of Jesus

The list can go on from here, but these are the big ones.

The fact is we should pray for them to come out of the movement. They are being deceived like we once were, and God is good and can save them to the uttermost.

I am driven to thank that myself. My mother was in that when I was born and it was she who took me there. I love my mother as best I can, because we lived in a home that wasn't very expressive of love. I will honor her and I will pray for her and I will place it in the hands of God.

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

May God bless your life in obedience too Him through His Word!

He already has. Many times. I just didn't know it.

One of these blessing is to guide me here so I can be touched by so many wonderful people. Now I do and I need to find somewhere were I can have this happen.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

That sounds like I need to baptized again in a place where I belong and to the God I believe

I was baptized a couple of times for various reasons- but when I accepted Christ as savior I got baptized again by immersion--

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma here. I am a truck driver, as I've sais and I don't really have an actual church I go to. I was gong to get my cousin to baptize me. He said he is an ordained minister, but I'm not feeling good about this. I asked him if he would do it and the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "If it's warm enough" that set me back ad then he followed up with "Well, I guess I could use waders."  He said that all with the same indifferent manner as I would believe someone would discuss a teeth cleaning session with a casual friend.

I don't want to hurt him, but it sounds like he's doing this as a hobby and acts like I would believe a fair weather Christian would act. It really put me off and I'm thinking if he is this way towards what I would believe is an ordained ministers greatest calling, I would think Jesus would reciprocate on anything he does, including the baptism of a Christian. I've already messed this up once. I don't want to mess it up again by going through someone who takes bring people to Christ in such a mediocre manner.

I was wondering If I could baptize myself, because I am almost positive that you have to be a member in good standing, which means having a history in that congregation, to be baptized by a preacher there. I prayed to God and he has already gave me his answer on my cousin and that is a no! The rest of this I am not sure if he's given me an answer. He'll  do that in his timetable, but I was wondering, in the meanwhile, what any of you think about this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

16 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I was wondering If I could baptize myself, because I am almost positive that you have to be a member in good standing, which means having a history in that congregation, to be baptized by a preacher there. I prayed to God and he has already gave me his answer on my cousin and that is a no! The rest of this I am not sure if he's given me an answer. He'll  do that in his timetable, but I was wondering, in the meanwhile, what any of you think about this.

I don't think the ordinance can be self-distributed, confessionally, Biblically, or historically. But I'm one who doesn't hold that a person must be a Church member to be baptized, or even to be "clergy" to perform the act of baptism. I'm 28, never been ordained, and I've baptized 4 people in my Church, and I've baptized 7 people in Uganda. 

If you don't actually have a good Church in the town where you live, where you can at least talk to a Pastor about this, I'm one who believes you could just have an Ethiopian Eunuch baptism. The real issue is being obedient to the command to be baptized.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

18 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I was wondering if that baptism is valid in the eyes of God because I wasn't baptized because I wanted to give my life to God. I wanted for the adults to be proud of me.?

No, that JW baptism would be invalid, since it was based on a false gospel and "another Jesus".  You should be baptized as a genuine believer, whether in a Baptist church or elsewhere.  Just be aware that many Baptists mistakenly believe that baptism is the door to church membership in a local Baptist church.

4 hours ago, lance.dunlop said:

I don't think the ordinance can be self-distributed, confessionally, Biblically, or historically. But I'm one who doesn't hold that a person must be a Church member to be baptized, or even to be "clergy" to perform the act of baptism. I'm 28, never been ordained, and I've baptized 4 people in my Church, and I've baptized 7 people in Uganda. 

If you don't actually have a good Church in the town where you live, where you can at least talk to a Pastor about this, I'm one who believes you could just have an Ethiopian Eunuch baptism. The real issue is being obedient to the command to be baptized.

That's something to think about. I will definitely look into this. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Why not go back to the other one you were happy with (before the "political " thing)  and have a meeting with that Pastor about getting baptized ,  talk to him about why you left before --if you need to resolve that.  I got re baptized and I am glad I did .  I chose an independent Baptist Church because I wanted a church that preached the true salvation through the full Gospel of Jesus &  to be baptized biblically ( public water submersion ), I wanted only Bible study, & Expository preaching not a Church that was only cultural Christianity that I think have become very unbiblical & half don't seem to even know what is in the Bible unfortunately. I would leave that Church with the woman minister.

I was thinking the same thing but I'll have to get a ride over there. I could just rent my a car for a day or two and go to their service on Sunday and talk with the Pastor there. And I don't go to the lady preacher. I was upset at how things where going, even before the service ended. I'm going to look up some scriptures on who is supposed to run a church and take it to my cousin. They are good people, but there are certain things they don't know. My, actual cousin is the wife and she didn't know she wasn't supposed to wear the clothing of a man and vise versa. She had been putting on her husbands shirts, but that's no more.

7 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I was baptized a couple of times for various reasons- but when I accepted Christ as savior I got baptized again by immersion--

hat's fantastic. It's what I want too. By immersion.