missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

This is what I would like to see in making my experience on Worthy more positive and comfortable

1. That you would be kind to each and everyone of us.

2. That you would not let your position as a servant or watchman or anyone who has an administrating roll on Worthy allow you to be on a power trip or controlling. I have seen this so very many times on other Christian message boards.

3. That you would immediately delete the threads that are very much against the word of God such as Universalism,annihilationism etc.

4. That you would please give us the courtesy of PMing us when you delete one of our thread so we do not get confused.

I understand that the position that you are in and have volunteered for is not an easy one and you have my admiration for that. I would like to hear feed back from the administrators as well as the Worthy members and posters. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Any feedback?:)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This is what I would like to see in making my experience on Worthy more positive and comfortable

Every member, including those in ministry, has their own version of what we wold like this site to be  so it becomes more positive and comfortable, yet we must realize that what makes one person positive and comfprtable may not be what another believes.

1. That you would be kind to each and everyone of us.

For the most part, I believe most feel the same.  Yet, even in life itself, not everyone wants to be kind to each other.

2. That you would not let your position as a servant or watchman or anyone who has an administrating roll on Worthy allow you to be on a power trip or controlling. I have seen this so very many times on other Christian message boards.

Unfortunately, due to unruly people and the sinful desire of the flesh, there has to be those who are called to take action in order to quell the attacks from principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places that use these people to complete their sinful desires and plans.  I believe I can say in full confidence that it is our desire to not have to do such, but as long as the enemy prowls about like a roaring lion, devouring those he can, we are the last line of defense.  The first line of defense are the members themselves.  I see no power trips or controlling measures taking place.  The problem I see is that you have no idea what those in ministry do behind the scenes.  All you see are the results of our actions and you make a judgment call by what you see.

3. That you would immediately delete the threads that are very much against the word of God such as Universalism,annihilationism etc.

Why rob those who do not know the difference between their theology from the truth?  By removing any and all forms of false teaching, people do not learn how to defend against them.  As for your choice of subjects you listed, those are you choices, which are not everyone's choice.  Others may list subjects you hold as true.  What if we followed other members request and ban all teaching about the pre-tribulation rapture if they consider it false.  Just about all subject matter is open for discussion, as long as it is done according to the Terms of Service and with respect for each other.

4. That you would please give us the courtesy of PMing us when you delete one of our thread so we do not get confused.

Usually, we do.  Sometimes we don't have the time right away to sit down and have a lengthy conversation through PM, which is what happens when we discuss thread closures.  We spent about 3 hours in conversation with one member just for being removed from a thread.  It usually takes longer when we lock threads.  As for deletion, that rarely happens.  Do you have one in mind that you created that was deleted?  Please take the time to PM us with the information about your deleted thread and we will discuss it with you.

Usually, threads like this go unanswered due to the Terms of Service.  Allow me to remind you of what I am talking about.

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Report Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

If you had such concerns and problems with how we operate, why did you not approach us in PM?  By taking this to the public, you put us in a very particular situation of having to either ignore you, in which you would feel rejected, or answer, which would encourage others to follow suit when they should be reaching out to us in PM.  Respect is a two way street, my friend.  If you desire to be respected, you also must respect others. 

I hope this answers your questions satisfactorily.  If not, please do use the PM function.  I am now locking the thread so this does not become an open platform where we have to answer everyone questions until everyone is satisfied.  There is just not enough time for a barrage of questions.  If anyone feels they need to discuss any issue they see, please PM us and include all three: Omegaman 3.0, Steve_S and OneLight.

Even though this thread is locked, if Omegaman and Steve_S wants to add to what I posted, they have the ability to do so.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Not that missmuffet can see this now, but while this is a Christian website, it is not a ministry to Christians, but a ministry for Christ. Christ did not limit himself to only those who believe, and did not send His disciples to do that either. It is about ministering to Christians, sure, but it is as much about ministering to the unsaved, the people who need us more.

This is not a Christ Club atmosphere, if it was, perhaps the only non-believers who would want to be here, are trolls. Outreach is important, and you need to cast a broad net sometimes, if you want to bring in some fish.

Edit:

When I wrote the above, I was under the impression, that the thread was hidden, not just locked. Also, I had made sure, that missmuffet was informed of what I wrote here, so that I said nothing behind her back. Sorry for any confusion.