HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.9news.com.au/amp/world/2017/02/26/13/00/twelve-injured-after-car-rams-into-parade-crowd-in-new-orleans

*This technique seems to be the new terror normal.

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Not sure if this was a terrorist attack or just a very drunk person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, other one said:

Not sure if this was a terrorist attack or just a very drunk person.

Oh, I didn't see that bit.

We had an awful incident in Australia a few weeks ago, when a young man deliberately drove into people on a footpath (sidewalk) and killed 5 people - one victim was a 3 month old baby boy :emot-crying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I was an active drunk for almost 11.5 years of my life. I remember getting a DWI when i was struggling with that vulgar stuff. I was also abusing drugs at the same time.  I thought it was so funny at the time, even when I overdosed and stopped breathing. If my brother weren't there then I wouldn't be here today.

I can't stand either of the two now. I have experienced first hand how devastating either of those substances are and am appalled that it is apart of our culture that drinking is seen as a coming of age event or a test of manliness to so many of our youth.

I was looking at the first video on that link and I guess the guy being lead away was the driver. He looked about 20sh and it breaks my heart to see that, because he is just as much of a victim as those he struck. The only thing is he had a chance to only be the only victim here and not get into that vehicle in the condition he was in. He is responsible for all that he has done  and through him, others had to pay the price for his irresponsibility.

I hope they through the book at him as I would hope they would have thrown the book at me when I was arrested for driving drunk. I never hurt anyone while driving, but I drove drunk many times before and after that incident. It was only the hand of God that saved me and everyone else, but If they had ave made me pay a higher price, I might have taken it more seriously and I might have sought out help far earlier than I had, because I would have had fewer options far quicker that I did.

Thank God that I was pushed into rehab when I did, because I could have been that person being lead off in handcuffs and I could be the one who wakes up in jail, just to be told I hurt several people in a tragedy that could have been prevented. I don't feel sympathy for this person. Feeling sympathy is what alcoholic like me seek out, so we can use you for a crutch to get the next drink. I say that I am an alcoholic, even though I haven't drank in well over 30 years, because if I started drinking again, It would be like I never even stopped at all. Same for the drugs.

I pity this person for the loss of the person he should have been and the life he should have had If drugs hadn't derailed God's plans for him, but this is the road he when down when he took it upon himself to ignore all and took this poison into his system. Maybe God will reach him now. i just hope and pray for everyone here ho has been victimized by this event, because I know that there are loved ones that these people have are effected by this as well. 

I pray for all of us, these people in particular. God help us all.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/26/2017 at 1:02 AM, HisFirst said:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.9news.com.au/amp/world/2017/02/26/13/00/twelve-injured-after-car-rams-into-parade-crowd-in-new-orleans

*This technique seems to be the new terror normal.

Vehicle protection and speed impact make for the perfect weapon. Going to show the anti-gun crowd that terrorists don't need guns to tally bodies. And the terrorist can exact more damage protected within the shell of a vehicle until captured, stopped, or otherwise. 

Unfortunately media on both sides of the aisle aren't likely to report if it was a Muslim terrorist at the wheel of the pickup truck. 
There's something about cloaking the T word when reporting an attack by a Muslim terrorist in America. Or, if the person was also documented to have attended Muslim terror training camps overseas before returning home to carry out Jihad. 

Truth in the news when it comes to the M word just isn't PC . 

We'll have to hope someone does let the truth be told if this was a terrorist assault on the Mardi crowd. 

This link has a brief news video at the scene https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/feb/26/dozens-hurt-after-truck-hits-crowds-watching-parade-in-new-orleans-video