• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Do you need to obey the ten commandments to be saved?~~yes

God gave us the ten  commandments as a way to know what we had to do to be perfect before him, he accepts nothing less than a totally Holy life to spend eternity with him. He is Holy and only Holy people can spend eternity with him. So if you try and keep the Ten Commandments and fail, you are no longer Holy and are now inedible for heaven. Bible says if you break one of the commandments , you have broken them all.

All through history people have been aware that God had standards and they tried to make up for their failure to meet his expectations--- failure means separation from God, no entry into heaven- eternity in hell, they knew instinctively that they failed, but tried to make up for it somehow--  But God would not except their filthy pathetic attempts.

God knows we cannot meet his requirements for heaven, How can a loving God have standards so high that no one can meet them?? Is that really Love??? He is sovereign and Holy, he can do as he pleases.

The good news is that he pleases Him to help us. He does not lower his standards because to do so would allow sin and he has a clear picture of what it would be like for an eternal being to have to live in sin forever, so what he did instead was to come down to where we live right here on planet earth, get his feet dirty and his hair wet when it rains, tired and hungry just like us. Bible says his name is Emmanuel~~God, with us.

Jesus, our Emmanuel lived a perfect life. Dirty feet, wet hair- hungry, tired for 33 years and did not break one of the Ten Commandments- ever- not one.

God says if we break a commandment we must die ( The wages of sin is death) Jesus did not break any commandments, he was exempt from death- Jesus could live forever in his earthly body- he did not have to experience the pain and fear of death.

God had said that the only way to pay for sin was with perfect blood. The Bible says the Life is in the blood--- to shed Blood means to die.

A goat, a bull, a lamb, was not equal to a man, but the animals blood was used to symbolize the fact that perfect blood was coming. When you go into a store and see a sign on an item that says “SOLD”  its sold, but it hasn’t been paid for yet—the traditional animal blood sacrifice marked the believer “sold” but not paid for yet. When Jesus Shed his blood- the price was paid.

The bible says not one jot or title of the law ( ten commandments) will pass away- that means always the ten commandments where  the standard for Gods acceptance.

Jesus said “ I come not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it”  He meant, I know you can’t keep it, but I am not going to make it go away, but I will keep it for you. How?- here’s a picture- you are old weak and feeble, there is a big snow storm that dumps many inches of snow on your driveway- there is no way you can get rid of the snow. Some one who cares for you comes and shovels your snow away~~~ Jesus care- he shovels away our sin.

So, what does this all mean for the pathetic helpless sinner going to hell? It means that God is a loving God, it means there is hope, it means you can be Holy and be with God in heaven. HOW, PLEASE GOD TELL ME HOW.  Believe Gods Word, Bible says he shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly,  Jesus perfect life could be credited to us, his shed blood would be the perfect sacrifice to pay for our sin.

Christ said, “whoever comes to me I will not cast out”,,

“whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”

“the righteous shall live by faith”

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”~~~~ for us also, believe God paid for your sin and be a friend of God

He will see you as Holy based on what Christ did for us

We cannot obey the Ten commandments, but Jesus did it for us , if you trust him and accept the fact that he did-=-- that is the only key to heaven for sinners like us

Baptism

Church membership

Sinners prayer

Asking Jesus into your heart

Sincerely trying to be good

Tithing and charitable acts~~~~~

All tickets to hell, only faith in Gods promise that Jesus lived the commandments for us, and still died and shed his blood as a sacrifice that we could not pay, --- only simple faith in that alone will make you holy enough to see God in heaven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you read Matthew chapter 25 carefully you can get an explanation of how Jesus will judge people, and the group of people who are sent to hell did not break any of the ten commandments. 

We should be teaching keeping Jesus's two commandments and not the ten.

• Group:  Diamond Member

3 hours ago, other one said:

If you read Matthew chapter 25 carefully

I have to disagree with your opinion on this- there is nothing in Matthew 25 to say that some one who did not break any of the ten was sent to hell-- and we know that no one can keep The ten commandments-- and a clear understanding of salvation shows that trying to keep commandments will get you into heaven

8 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I have to disagree with your opinion on this- there is nothing in Matthew 25 to say that some one who did not break any of the ten was sent to hell-- and we know that no one can keep The ten commandments-- and a clear understanding of salvation shows that trying to keep commandments will get you into heaven

tell me which of the ten commandments that those in the blue broke, for Jesus says he's sending them to hell for not keeping His second commandment.....

Matt 25:31-46

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
NASB

and, yes it appears that a person can be sent to hell for not keeping the two commandments that Jesus gave us...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings......

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Jon 14:23

For me personally,that little 2 letter WORD is the LOUDEST,most POWERFUL Word in all of the Bible    "IF"     If we truly Love Jesus then that is the HEART of the Greatest of ALL His Commands

The Greatest Commandment
Mark12:28Now one of the scribes had come up and heard their debate. Noticing how well Jesus had answered them, he asked Him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’…

"IF" we LOVE Jesus,as The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD then we cannot help but Loving others as we Love ourselves......Can you steal from someone you love,lie to them,covet what is theirs,bear false witness against them,murder them?.....No way!!!!   Loving God with all our hearts all our mind ,soul & strength is the core of our Relationship with HIM ...& in Christ,we can do ALL things in Him Who Strengthens us.............                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Spoken of by Jeremiah of us
Jer 31:33
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
KJV

Realized by us
2 Cor 3:3
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart
KJV

Reasoned in study by Bob Utley
Quote "Jeremiah 31:33
 "I will write it" As YHWH wrote the Ten Commandments before Moses on Mt. Sinai (cf. Ex 31:18; 32:15-16; 34:1,28), He now writes on the human heart by His Spirit. The
new covenant is a new internal code from a restored image of God! This faith relationship has always been the plan of God (cf. Lev 26:41; Deut 10:16; 30:6; Jer 4:4;
9:25-26)."
(from Old Testament Commentary, by Bob Utley, Copyright © 2013 by Bible Lessons International. All rights reserved.)
The mind set of do to get is replaced with do because it is the way I love God... it is s/Spirit and it cannot be altered because God has written it there on the fleshy parts. We can never sin again and it be right... always repentance for and continual turning to in all avenues of life and Godliness...  Love, Steven

2 Cor 3:3
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart

:emot-dance:... yes, yes!!

Glory to God Almighty Father!!!!  :emot-heartbeat:           

• Group:  Diamond Member

Some folks understood this post-- some did not-- they only way a person can get into heaven is to be completely spotless and sin free-- the Ten Commandments  are the standard for Holiness. if a person breaks a single commandment they no longer are spotless and do not qualify for entry into Heaven.

even if they obey the second of the two which Jesus said are the greatest- they still can not do it perfectly, hence they do not qualify for heaven~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT (this is the good news)  Jesus did keep the law perfectly- and he offers his righteousness to us, if we accept it by faith only .

When I knock on the door of Heaven and the Father says you have broken the commandments- you do not qualify for entry, I will say-- Yes Father, I know- But Jesus did not break the commandments but he paid the sin debt for me and offered me his righteousness and I believe it , so I do qualify for heaven, not by my efforts, but by Jesus' efforts,

And the Father will smile and say, I know I've been waiting for you, welcome home son.

You to can qualify for heaven, not by baptism, not by church membership, not by trying to keep the commandments, not by "loving others"---- but by faith that Jesus paid the sin price for you and lived a perfect life for you-- faith and faith alone

BUT (this is the good news)  ..............

Jesus paid the sin price for you and lived a perfect life for you-- faith and faith alone                                                            woundeddog

Better Believe that's GOOD NEWS!!! Music to my ears!!!! Glory to God!                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

47 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Some folks understood this post-- some did not-- they only way a person can get into heaven is to be completely spotless and sin free-- the Ten Commandments  are the standard for Holiness. if a person breaks a single commandment they no longer are spotless and do not qualify for entry into Heaven.

even if they obey the second of the two which Jesus said are the greatest- they still can not do it perfectly, hence they do not qualify for heaven~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT (this is the good news)  Jesus did keep the law perfectly- and he offers his righteousness to us, if we accept it by faith only .

When I knock on the door of Heaven and the Father says you have broken the commandments- you do not qualify for entry, I will say-- Yes Father, I know- But Jesus did not break the commandments but he paid the sin debt for me and offered me his righteousness and I believe it , so I do qualify for heaven, not by my efforts, but by Jesus' efforts,

And the Father will smile and say, I know I've been waiting for you, welcome home son.

You to can qualify for heaven, not by baptism, not by church membership, not by trying to keep the commandments, not by "loving others"---- but by faith that Jesus paid the sin price for you and lived a perfect life for you-- faith and faith alone

but keep in mind that he told us that if we love him we will do the things he told us to do.....    there are people who think they are safe for various reasons and Jesus says he will tell them that he never knew them.

please don't loose track of that.