• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

16 hours ago, Yowm said:

We are Simul Justus et Peccator, ...simultaneously with sin and justified (i.e. counted righteous)....unless you can claim right now 'sinless perfection'.

I can only claim His.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 6:12  

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:50 PM, tinyprayers said:

I'm not surprised anymore by what I find written in religious forums. There are preachers of all types at sites I've browsed or joined and sooner or later someone will argue that it is all a lie. Some form or fashion their own insecurity puts up this wall based on statements that indicate eternal life isn't really. Or,  rebirth can be reversed so as to imply the Christian isn't really secure in God's promise and Jesus' death.

I've met people on the net that need a master with a whip to keep them in line. They're terrified of thinking and living outside a prescribed box because they really don't like themselves. God of the automotons.

God is spirit. That's outside and beyond the ideas that argue from a fleshly perspective. God told us so when he said his thinking isn't going to be like our own. And we can't know his thoughts being we are not God.

But we try to argue what God means and what God expects and actually believe first that everything that God is in order to be God occupies its existence obsessed with our every thought and action. Work to please that which predestined your being.

It sounds more like a treasure hunt. Looking to find the clues as to what God predetermined for the individuals life so as to make them glory in the flesh as his testament . :)  I see it like that. I'm worthy of God's best! :D 

I like that. :)  

On 3/9/2017 at 4:34 PM, woundeddog said:

exactly he became our sin-- we became his righteousness-- a good trade for us!!

He took it back that which is God prescribed. 

Jesus was man and yet perfect and not a sinner but he was put to death with the worlds sin upon him . And in so doing he took sin away for the world especially those that believe. 

Why do we call ourselves still condemned what Jesus died to save us from? 

I'm not a sinner. I'm redeemed in the Lord. God remembers my sins no more and he is the judge. If I call myself judged by the weight of my being in this world after finding Christ I'm making myself a liar. Because I've not washed myself clean of anything. When God forgets how do I name myself sinner who sins? If God isn't remembering anymore what is that which would be tallied against me if he were but that which condemned me before I was saved by God's grace. 

Arise from calling yourselves sinners. You're redeemed! Or does God's holy spirit indwell that which is damnation? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

maya.jpg:wub:

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

People go to hell for one (and only one) reason:

John 3:18 (AV)
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

23 hours ago, JohnD said:

People go to hell for one (and only one) reason:

John 3:18 (AV)
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hell is an issue for man first because God having created it for the devil and his angels opened it to receive the human souls too. Matt:25:41

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, woundeddog said:

Some folks understood this post-- some did not-- they only way a person can get into heaven is to be completely spotless and sin free-- the Ten Commandments  are the standard for Holiness. if a person breaks a single commandment they no longer are spotless and do not qualify for entry into Heaven.

even if they obey the second of the two which Jesus said are the greatest- they still can not do it perfectly, hence they do not qualify for heaven~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT (this is the good news)  Jesus did keep the law perfectly- and he offers his righteousness to us, if we accept it by faith only .

When I knock on the door of Heaven and the Father says you have broken the commandments- you do not qualify for entry, I will say-- Yes Father, I know- But Jesus did not break the commandments but he paid the sin debt for me and offered me his righteousness and I believe it , so I do qualify for heaven, not by my efforts, but by Jesus' efforts,

And the Father will smile and say, I know I've been waiting for you, welcome home son.

You to can qualify for heaven, not by baptism, not by church membership, not by trying to keep the commandments, not by "loving others"---- but by faith that Jesus paid the sin price for you and lived a perfect life for you-- faith and faith alone

Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

Sure does not sound like faith alone is the answer to salvation.

1st John said...this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

1st John said...this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome.

saved people keep the commandments Jesus gave us......   but keeping those commandments do not save us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

8 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

1st John said...this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome

Paul was saying that just because we believe, we do not have a license to behave lawlessly- because we are forgiven our sins..

1st John-- how can we possibly love God if we are not already saved-- he set certain rules for a goo dlife- if we love him, it means we trust him- if we trust him we know that

what he says is best--- keeping the commandments does not get us saved== getting saved helps us keep the commandments