• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

because its the truth-- so many people think they can achieve heaven by their good efforts--and they can IF they are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT~~this is to refute the I'm trying hard so God should let me into heaven. Since God knows we can not achieve heaven by our efforts- Jesus came and did live the commandments perfectly but still suffered the punishment for sin.. SO, if a person has realized they can not meet Gods first requirement of a perfect life for heaven, they will hopefully run to Gods other plan of trusting in Jesus to live a perfect life, and suffer their death penalty.

To recap- many people try to keep the commandments to get to heaven but do not realize that you have to keep them with out one single error or sin-- basically the ten commandments are a death sentence to man kind--- but faith in Jesus is a pardon and the key to eternal life

Wasn't Jesus the embodiement of the whole law of God encapsulated as perfection? While teaching us that we are forgiven for being human in him that died to take our sins while being perfect himself? For me there is a very deep message in the cross and Jesus' sacrifice.

Jesus lived the rightness of link with God. He also showed us that being human was of God when he took after the Jews who were acting as money changers in his fathers house. All our being is of God because we come born of God image and God likeness. Particles of our father, our parent, creator, source.

We're us and we're loved. Salvation begins with seeing myself lovable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

6 minutes ago, Radiant_Owl said:

We're us and we're loved. Salvation begins with seeing myself lovable.

I am sorry- we need to see ourselves as helpless sinners separated from God -- then we can appreciate Gods love for us-- we can not reach up to God. He has to reach down to us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

That I feel there is something greater than I in every fiber of my being. That I feel so full at times reflecting on God's word and the immensity of nature where I live. I think that is reaching out to God. Calling the name of God in my personal song, pulse, that is this life. God knew my name before it was uttered by my mom. When I call, father, he hears me because I first know he is there.

No one comes to the father unless father calls. But first don't we have to have the ears to hear? The open mind to receive the message?