IGNORED

My view on abortion

Unlike many of you, I do not believe life starts at conception. 

I believe life is continuous. It was created in the beginning by God, and since, it has ended many times, but never started. Eggs and sperms are very much alive. Cells simply split, and on rare occasions join to create new genetic combinations. 

I do not believe it is life itself that makes us human. Rabbits, weed and bacteria is alive. What makes us human is our immortal soul. And I believe that enters us about the same time we would be able to draw our first breath. (At around 26 weeks of pregnancy) 

I do not believe abortion before that is killing a human being. I see it as preventing a human from coming into existence, no different from abstaining from unprotected sex when given the opportunity. I do not believe miscarriages before that to be humans that died before they were born. 

It grieves my heart how many of you speaks of abortions and how you judge those who have chosen it for themselves. They have not chosen it out of wickedness, but they simply thinks it is the best alternative in their current sistuation, and who are you to judge? Who are you to throw stones? 

Romans 14New King James Version (NKJV)

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike.Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he doesnot eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.[h]

Edited by Saktmodig

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

I believe life is continuous. It was created in the beginning by God, and since, it has ended many times, but never started. Eggs and sperms are very much alive. Cells simply split, and on rare occasions join to create new genetic combinations. 

I do not believe it is life itself that makes us human. Rabbits, weed and bacteria is alive. What makes us human is our immortal soul. And I believe that enters us about the same time we would be able to draw our first breath. (At around 26 weeks of pregnancy) 

I do not believe abortion before that is killing a human being. I see it as preventing a human from coming into existence, no different from abstaining from unprotected sex when given the opportunity. I do not believe miscarriages before that to be humans that died before they were born. 

It grieves my heart how many of you speaks of abortions and how you judge those who have chosen it for themselves. They have not chosen it out of wickedness, but they simply thinks it is the best alternative in their current sistuation, and who are you to judge? Who are you to throw stones? 

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike.Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he doesnot eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.[h]

It grieves my heart how many of you speaks of abortions and how you judge those who have chosen it for themselves. They have not chosen it out of wickedness, but they simply thinks it is the best alternative in their current sistuation, and who are you to judge? Who are you to throw stones? ***

I don't know where you get this nonsense but abortion is murder, plain and simple. The human soul is given by God at the moment of conception otherwise the embryo/foetus is but a useless lump of flesh.

And how would your theology that the soul only comes into the body at the moment of birth apply to this...

Luke 1:41   And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

And as for those who choose abortion we don't judge them but it does shock me that the word "ADOPTION" seems to totally disappear from people's vocabularies. They just want to get rid of this unwanted burden.

10 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

And how would your theology that the soul only comes into the body at the moment of birth apply to this...

Luke 1:41   And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Well, either Elisabeth was more than 26 weeks pregnant, or it was the Holy Ghost that mad the babe leap in the womb. As a matter of fact, I do not se how a mere human soul would have recognized the mother of Christ. So there you have your answer, the Holy Ghost, no matter if Elisabeth was more than 26 weeks pregnant or not.

16 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I don't know where you get this nonsense but abortion is murder, plain and simple. 

And as for those who choose abortion we don't judge them

So calling someone a murderer is to not judge?

What do you think God would say to you on judgement day if it turns out that my belief is true and yours is false? That human souls are not created at conception and that he do not mind abortions as long as they are responsibly done and safe?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

36 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

The Law of Liberty

The Law of Love

I think you are mixing quite a few things. Life started at creation. Not life of individual people. Life in general started at the time of creation. God knew us eternally. That does not mean, we existed eternally. All humans have a creation point. That is, a starting point for our existence. The physical existence starts at conception. While it is soul which exists eternally, we do not have any rights to stop life in this human earth.

I am not making this up. Read Psalms 139. God creates us. He knits us together in mother's womb. Conception is an act of God. The act where He brings us into physical existence, though He knew us before.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Going by your logic, is murder wrong or no? If life always existed, why killing another person would be sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Saktmodig said:

Unless you can support your views with Scripture, they can only be seen as your personal ideas.  As to judging abortionists, they judge themselves by depriving others of their lives. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Ezra hit a really good point. This is an opinion post for the most part. Scripture was used but it was used but used incorrectly. 

There are many verses of scripture that talk about how humans are humans at conception. There is no denying that fact. 

Isaiah 44:24 "This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself"

Psalm 139:13-16 "  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written  The days that were ordained for me,  When as yet there was not one of them."

We could go on but the point is man is wicked and sinful and wants nothing to do with God or his Word. So they try to mask sin by calling it something else. They use the term abortion because it sounds innocent. It is a false sense of security. Abortion is murder plan and simple. Life begins at conception and to think otherwise is just plain wrong. Humans are born from humans. They are not fetuses, etc. They are human beings from start to finish. 

As Ezra said above unless you can prove from scripture that your viewpoint on murdering babies is right in God's eyes then you are speaking opinion and sadly that opinion is very flawed. 

Guest BacKaran

Absolutely correct biblical responses, thank you brothers and sisters.

Saktmodig, are you saved aka born again? Do you attend a church in Sweden?

Edited by BacKaran

2 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

There are many verses of scripture that talk about how humans are humans at conception. There is no denying that fact. 

Isaiah 44:24 "This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself"

Psalm 139:13-16 "  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written  The days that were ordained for me,  When as yet there was not one of them."

As you can read yourself conception is not mentioned in any of your bible quotes. I would argue that both quotes above supports my view rather than yours. Especially if you add this quote:

Genesis 2:And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

First, God formes us, then he creates our mind and soul, (when the body is whole enough to be able to breathe). 

If you know of a place in the Bible that says the soul and mind is created at conception, please quote it. I am not afraid of the truth, but searches for it. So far, everything I have read in the Bible and everything I have sensed through the Holy Spirit supports the view I presented in my first post. 

I accept your beliefs and will not resent you for it. But I do ask that you do not judge me or others for our beliefs. We will all stand before God and he shall be our judge. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would like to see some scripture that supports your theory that the soul only enters once the baby can breathe.