• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Saktmodig said:

As you can read yourself conception is not mentioned in any of your bible quotes. I would argue that both quotes above supports my view rather than yours. Especially if you add this quote:

Genesis 2:And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

First, God formes us, then he creates our mind and soul, (when the body is whole enough to be able to breathe). 

If you know of a place in the Bible that says the soul and mind is created at conception, please quote it. I am not afraid of the truth, but searches for it. So far, everything I have read in the Bible and everything I have sensed through the Holy Spirit supports the view I presented in my first post. 

I accept your beliefs and will not resent you for it. But I do ask that you do not judge me or others for our beliefs. We will all stand before God and he shall be our judge. 

There is no point debating something that is very clear in scripture. This portion of Psalm 139, "You wove me in my mother’s womb." and in Isaiah 44 "who formed you in the womb". These two phrases include conception because that is when the forming begins. 

I never judged anyone Saktmodig. All said was that abortion is murder plain and simple. Even you said that abortion prevented a human from coming into existence in your original post. What is murder? It is killing another human and taking there life. As we said before you don't have any support for your argument. 

And again I don't judge anyone because that is the Lord's work. However I think you may be picking and choosing what God's Word says and trying to justify why murdering babies is ok. And yes I totally agree with you that one day we will stand before God and will be judged according to our works. 

I won't argue this point about abortion because it is God's Word against yours. I would rather side with God on this one since He has made it very clear that murder is wrong and that He created reproduction so that we could fill the earth and enjoy what God has made. Genesis 1:28 "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.". 

Saktmodig I would encourage you to study what God's Word has to say about human life. Abortion is murder plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I would like to see some scripture that supports your theory that the soul only enters once the baby can breathe.

Job 33:4 

The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I would like to see some scripture that supports your theory that the soul only enters once the baby can breathe.

Great point patriot. I really haven't seen great scriptural support for the OP opinion. But like you I am very curious as to the OP response to your statement.

5 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I never judged anyone Saktmodig. All said was that abortion is murder plain and simple. 

Is not naming something a crime or someone a criminal the very definition of judging?

In your first sentence you say that you have never judged. In your second sentence you are judging. 

3 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

Two things here Saktmodig that I see. First God has made me. When does this made me happen? At conception. A baby just doesn't suddenly appear in the womb. Now it has to be conceived. It is straight biology. Second this verse does not even come close to supporting your idea that the soul enters the body when a baby first breathes. If you really wanted to parse this thing together I see that verse saying that God gives me life at the moment he made me. And that Saktmodig is at conception. But I would have to take a look at the verse in context of what Job was saying. 

Saktmodig there is absolutely no scriptures that says that the soul enters the body at the first breath of a baby.

11 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

There is no point debating something that is very clear in scripture. This portion of Psalm 139, "You wove me in my mother’s womb." and in Isaiah 44 "who formed you in the womb". These two phrases include conception because that is when the forming begins. 

Am I crazy? I just cannot see anything that points to conception in those quotes. Would you mind explaining it more clearly?

1 minute ago, Saktmodig said:

Is not naming something a crime or someone a criminal the very definition of judging?

In your first sentence you say that you have never judged. In your second sentence you are judging. 

Wouldn't you agree Saktmodig that if God calls murder sin then should I call murder sin? God is the rule by which we go by not our opinion. I am not judging I am just calling sin what it is. It is very sad that you are ok with murder when God calls it sin. I mean God makes it very clear that murder is sin. Exodus 20:13 ""You shall not murder." I am not sure how we can skirt around this fact that God says it is wrong. But again Satan has a way of disguising sin as something that seems like a lesser evil. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Two things here Saktmodig that I see. First God has made me. When does this made me happen? At conception. A baby just doesn't suddenly appear in the womb. Now it has to be conceived. It is straight biology. Second this verse does not even come close to supporting your idea that the soul enters the body when a baby first breathes. If you really wanted to parse this thing together I see that verse saying that God gives me life at the moment he made me. And that Saktmodig is at conception. But I would have to take a look at the verse in context of what Job was saying. 

Saktmodig there is absolutely no scriptures that says that the soul enters the body at the first breath of a baby.

I think you are wrong. Like you said yourself, a baby does not magically appears in the womb at conception. It is knitted together for several months. And the soul, the mind, the breath of life is the last piece of the puzzle.

1 minute ago, Saktmodig said:

Am I crazy? I just cannot see anything that points to conception in those quotes. Would you mind explaining it more clearly?

Saktmodig I already did. And very clearly I might add. You just choose to not listen. That is fine. It is your word against what God says. I prefer to trust what God says about life than what your opinion is. Not much I can do at this point. I will let you and the Lord hash this one out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

16 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

Holding your entire view on that one verse seems kind of weak doesn't it? Especially in context it's not exactly talking about when exactly you become a "person"?