• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Saktmodig said:

Because that is was romans 14 is saying. If you think something is a sin then it is wrong for you to act that way. It does not mean ownership is on you. I simply stated that acting against your conscience is a sin in itself. 

We/I don't call the shots - God does.

I know Sweden is very liberal minded - I knew a Swedish guy many moons ago who said in one village when teens graduate from secondary school, they parade down the main street naked. 

I know that's a side track and nothing to do with your opinion on abortion, but its just a peek at liberalism in a society, even a small village away from urban areas.

He said it was a village, so I'm thinking small.

I read the article, and I have to say that your posts here are quite misleading. 

- The purpose of the bill is not to legalize late term abortion, it is to decriminalize all abortion. The person behind it says he is open to suggestions about a time limit. 

- It says nothing about euthanasing live born babies. Decriminalizing abortion without time limit does not have to mean that. For example, if a baby develops without a brain in the womb (this actually happened to an aquaintece of mine) and you discover it late in the pregnancy, say week 34, do you think the mother should carry the baby to term or be aloud to have labor induced? The baby will not survive in any case, but an earlier birth will harm the mother less, both physically and psychologically. In Sweden we have a law saying that abortion could be allowed as long as the fetus is not viable. The same would probably apply here.

://m.news-mail.com.au/news/27-qld-babies-born-alive-after-failed-abortions-le/3044778/

26 minutes ago, worthy said:

From the way you interprete this scripture I should be able to this:

Example: If the bible says stealing is a sin. From what your saying I should be able to go to that scripture and say Well since I don't think its a sin it's not. And then that leads to well the Bible says lying is a sin but I don't think it is so I'm going to lie. That makes no sense. 

If You can just take anything the bible says is a sin and because you don't think its a sin you say well I don't think this is a sin in my book. Then we should have nothing to says to ,murders,thieves, liars, Adulterers, ect. Because according to your interpretation if we don't see it as a sin is not a sin

Well, that is not the way I am interpreting that passage. 

My interpretation is this: 

If you belive that something is a sin, like driving car for example. Then it is a sin for you to do it since you act against your conscience, even if God does not consider driving a car to be a sin. It is not the driving itself that is sinful, but that you did it even though you thought it to be wrong. 

That does not mean, like you stated, that something that actually is a sin is okay if you believe it is.

17 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

://m.news-mail.com.au/news/27-qld-babies-born-alive-after-failed-abortions-le/3044778/

Why were the babes not given neonatal care? 

35 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

We/I don't call the shots - God does.

I know Sweden is very liberal minded - I knew a Swedish guy many moons ago who said in one village when teens graduate from secondary school, they parade down the main street naked. 

I know that's a side track and nothing to do with your opinion on abortion, but its just a peek at liberalism in a society, even a small village away from urban areas.

He said it was a village, so I'm thinking small.

Well, I never heard about that. Are you sure he was not just joking around?

32 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

Why were the babes not given neonatal care? 

Because they were unwanted by their mothers and their requests of termination was greater than the chance to let live.

Money talks as well.

Edited by HisFirst

33 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

Well, I never heard about that. Are you sure he was not just joking around?

I did ask if he was joking and he said no, it was true.

3 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I did ask if he was joking and he said no, it was true.

Are you sure he was serious? I never heard of anything like it, and I am pretty sure that such an event would cause a public outcry. People in Sweden do not accept naked teens on our streets, they would all get arresten for disoderly conduct, and the event would certainly make it to national news.

Are you sure he was serious? I never heard of anything like it, and I am pretty sure that such an event would cause a public outcry. People in Sweden do not accept naked teens on our streets, they would all get arresten for disoderly conduct, and the event would certainly make it to national news.

This was a while back now and yes, I thought he was joking but he said it was true. I believed him. I may have been naive but I just accepted it.

8 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

This was a while back now and yes, I thought he was joking but he said it was true. I believed him. I may have been naive but I just accepted it.

Since I do not know which village he was refering to, it is hard for me to say with certainty that it is falsk information. But I can say with certainty that it is not a typical Swedish behavior. It would be seen as very strange here, most parents would not accept this from their teens and teachers and police would put an end to such tradition.

When I was in high school some kids tried to keep up a tradition of bringing small water guns to shool and firing water on each other outside of school close to graduation time. But the principal and teachers made it their top priority to end it, even though the majority of students thought is was a very funny "tradition".