• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Saktmodig said:

They are not my enemy. My point was that your post and many others were filled with malicious glee. Kind of unbiblical.

Lest ye be judged.

12 hours ago, ravindran said:

I do not know if anyone even watched yesterday's oscar awards. I did not. I was reading news and saw everyone was getting political and taking jabs at Trump non-stop. Eventually they messed up best movie award and called on the incorrect one. It was total fiasco! All news coverage is on fiasco and not on how they got political. Sounds like they focused too much on criticizing Trump and failed to get their act together. What do you guys think?

I remember last years Oscar's and the pre-buzz faux outrage turned racism but not readily called that because the slam was on white people. That the Oscar's were too white! No black actors nominated? Jada Pinket Smith made a public announcement that she would be boycotting the Oscar's. All political, all to send that message. 

Chris Rock, a comedian they say, did make a funny when he responded with,  You weren't invited!  :laugh:

This year one of the Oscar top shelf people said early on in the show what amounted to, this year the winners will be a reflection of Hollywood's Oscar committee getting the message. 

It was horribly political. And starting with spotlighting Meryl Streep and her prior anti-Trump screed when she was awarded her lifetime achievement by some other award show. 

It was so bad it was obviously petty. And even left wing celeb's that were shown in the audience weren't thrilled with the constant either. 

But then when they attempted to mock up their own version of deplorables but based on the average person on the street unsuspecting fan thinking they're on a Hollywood tour parade, that's when I turned. So called regular people planned weeks before the set up, thought they were coming to a Hollywood museum or something of that nature. A tour. And right before they entered the Oscar's theater the lights in the audience were turned down. Many stories of theater mind you. And the people were then let in the doors to the left of the stage but at floor level. 
And when they started walking in the house lights came up so they could see all those glittering made up stars. The lead guy? Was homeless. And introduced his fiance who was with him. 

I'll never watch the Oscar's again. For the first time in awhile one of my favorite actors was up for an award. That's why I watched for so long. But before they got to those major role parts of the award show they did all that. 

It's horrible how there is a dedicated effort to divide this nation. And the most pro-active vicious side, that which scripts the Oscar's and SNL and all else "entertainment" of late and anti-Trump, or, "resistance oriented",  are the one's that are in the same movement that screams the wall is xenophobic and bigoted because it is a symbol of hate and division. :blink:

Yeah, I know, :yadda:

But dang! 

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Oscars rating was lowest in 9 yrs.  I  can't be bothered to watch it-since they all got political they are losing their popularity. 

But you know, as easy as the celebrity group think sways with the ratings and the activism wouldn't those low ratings make them eventually stop the political rhetoric after a bit? 

It isn't paying in the viewer numbers or the shares. Hollywood's all about getting paid. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

The Oscars are the Olympic games of fist pumping for Hollywood. These people vote for imagery over substance time and time again. I don't see that grandstanding as any different from anything else they do. Actors make their living off pretending they are someone they are not. They are in front of the same cameras in this horse and pony show as they would be in any film. They are acting in both examples. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I saw the the clip about three times and on the third time, I started thinking that myself, like this was planned.   I mean, you don't see the embarrassment and profuse apologies like you did when Steve Harvey messed up.  I mean he was genuinely embarrassed.  It does make me wonder...

Warren Beaty and Faye Dunaway didn't look too mortified that's for sure.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't watch because the movies I like never win and I end  up mad  yelling at the tv. I'm very passionate.

:24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From  Viki-tedium  reports:

Oscar

קיצור) פְּרַס אוֹסְקָר) in  the original Hebrew, and translated

• Όσκαρ in  the Greek, is an idol made by an early twentieth century cult  to enamor it's followers into sacrificing their mind's over to  a medium originally delivered on large "screens" then later also in a box, even  later made available to it's adherents via cellular communication devices. It's goal, like all cults, is the denial of Jesus as Lord, and the substitution of any of several other gods for those suffering worship of the idol in their own strong delusion of it's being a  deity.
  •  
  • Many  of it's founding principals and successive leadership council members have suffered sad histories of personal illegal drug use, with it's  mind altering melancholy and often great paranoia, often resulting in suicide or tragic permanent brain damage.
  •  
  • The cult's history to date has been a sign, in the time of the signs. After long periods of watching the newest works of the cult, it's many followers walk out of facilities of indoctrination, grand stadium seating facilities, chattering on near endlessly about this high member  or that one  and the role they played in the  false world that  has been ever downward moving in it's spiraling delusion.
  •  
  •  Bible prophecy does not make specific reference to the mini golden statue of a genitalia-less figurine, denoting the impotence of the saint of the Oscar cult. The statue none the less is easily seen to be the most  prominent high symbol of this cult, a most high award presented under the strong delusion of the unrepentant, each suffering in the communial plight of lost mankind, repeating the folly and sin of self adulation. All in attempt to make man the equal of the gods of mythology, as well the envy of mankind worldwide.
  •  
  • The Oscar cult lifts the sins of man up as being good, and parades its symbol as something to marvel upon, as though it is most productive and glorious, all in two dimension, and with special glasses of red and green lenses, a simulated third one. Users of these special glasses have been known to reach very excited highs only to find they later suffered excruciating headaches with nausea after combining the cult ritualistic watching mindlessly, while consuming  the foods of their festivals which contain vast quantities of salt  and sugar.
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  

20 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

The Oscars are the Olympic games of fist pumping for Hollywood. These people vote for imagery over substance time and time again. I don't see that grandstanding as any different from anything else they do. Actors make their living off pretending they are someone they are not. They are in front of the same cameras in this horse and pony show as they would be in any film. They are acting in both examples. 

They're always acting and they're pitchmen and women. Anytime the public see's a celebrity that celebrity is in sales mode. 

Unless it is a candid of them out with their family at the grocer  or something. Then it is still keeping them in the public eye. And relevance is what keeps them popular and worthy of those enormous ridiculous paychecks. Because we want them. Some way or other we're attracted to what any one or many of them do. On screen or elsewhere. 
The new idolatry.