• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Right, but trying to correct someone of an error in their ways is not speaking evil of them.

If you correct with gentle kindness. With a attitude of helping instead of condemning. Then of course. Even sin is to be treated this way. But some people love to talk evil of others to bring them down.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Pie said:

However, anytime I speak out against him, my mother says to be careful because the Bible says you should not speak against a man of God. My argument is that he isn’t a man of God.

Exactly.  All who claim to be men of God are not necessarily so.  If the man is narcissistic and focused on money, those are red flags. Refusal to go to doctors is another red flag, since Scripture does not forbid the use of medical cures. Show you mother some Scriptures which indicate that there are many wolves in sheep's clothing in the churches. Also, modern faith healers are generally charlatans.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

If you correct with gentle kindness. With a attitude of helping instead of condemning. Then of course. Even sin is to be treated this way. But some people love to talk evil of others to bring them down.

I think we are in total agreement here. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Perhaps it is best to pray and consider that like Paul lived, we too might not give any  compromise to that which is evil in any person, no matter what mask they wear,  nor what "cloth" they wrap themselves in. 

Paul wrote clearly of his abandonment by a disciple, leaving an eternal record within our Bible of the shamed name and the reason. He was not silent, ever.

Love of this world by the betrayer of the Gospel of Jesus, was called out by him; and it always should be by the saints in Christ Jesus. Let no one hide behind our Lord's name while selling that  which is slanderous to the gospel of Jesus. Call it out clearly, being ready to defend the faith using the knowledge of the word of God, for which each of us must study to be prepared as we pray for understanding of it.

Do not let the opponent of Jesus play upon his knowledge of the oft timidity of those that love Jesus by declaring themselves to be  of His flock, while mocking and denigrating  that which is the gospel and the life style of the Christian.

Conflict already exists! It has  from the beginning. Jesus while doing his ministry on earth told us He is hated by the world  (An even greater  hate than we suffer from the world and it's many anti-Christs ). We are hated for being of Jesus' flock.  being silent will not buy love from the world for it knows we are not of it. Besides th eHoly Spirit will not allow us to be passive in our faith  in the gospel of Jesus.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

... duplicated my post

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I think everyone is a man or woman of God if they are born again. If your a servant of God you are a man of God. But anyway God says speak not evil of anyone. That's even unbelievers .

But we are still called to exhort and rebuke such a person. Some people might call that speaking evil as they don't want to hear the truth; but it isn't.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

"But test EVERYTHING.  Hold fast to what is good."  1 Thessalonians 5:21

One of the ways that false teachers and "men of God" who are nothing more than abusers of their authority promote their false teachings and spiritual abuse so easily is that they convince their constituents that speaking against them in any way is a sin.  That's a lie.  In fact, the Bible says the opposite.  And most souls who blindly follow false teachings and/or cower under the spiritual abuse don't know enough of their own Bibles to refute what is false and abusive

Most WOF false teachers and others [it's not limited to just WOF] like to use the verse from Psalm 105 that says "touch not mine anointed" and "do my prophets no harm".  I've heard that enough in my life to make me sick.  Countless scores of people have been told that "the Bible says....." and are told that preachers and pastors cannot be questioned and are untouchable.

If they would just pick up their own Bibles and read Psalm 105 for themselves, they would learn that "touch not mine anointed" has absolutely nothing to do with preachers, pastors, or any church leaders.

It never has. The "anointed" was the nation of Israel.

David was singing/reciting a psalm giving a history of God's taking care of the nation of Israel - the anointed.  God was telling pagan nations to leave Israel alone.

Ironically, these abusers of Psalm 105, King David's psalm, never quite get to the proverbs of his son, King Solomon.

Solomon, under the divine direction of God's Holy Spirit said this:

• Proverbs 17:15 = " He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the Lord."

And remember these verses when someone tells you that you cannot question the teachings of a "man of God".

• 1 Timothy 6:3-5  = " If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."
  • Ephesians 5:11 = "Don't take part in the unfruitful works of darkness - instead expose them."
  • Romans 16:17-18 = "I'll make one more appeal, brothers and sisters.  Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset the faith by teaching what is contrary to what you have been taught.  Stay away from them......they serve their personal interests.......and deceive innocent people."
  • 1 John 4:1 = "Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit.  You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God.  For there are many false prophets in the world."  

This testing can only come from one who knows the Word of God for himself or herself and must be done in a spiritually mature manner, not causing discord, factions, or feuds nor can it be for puffing one's own self up.

• 1 month later...
Guest shiloh357
On 2/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, Pie said:

Hello, I wanted to know about scriptures pertaining to this. I know there are plenty speaking against false teachers and prophets. My problem is there is a certain  “healing evangelist” who married into my family. He has caused quite a bit of division in the family. He is one of the most narcissistic people I have ever known. He doesn’t even try to hide it. And he only ever talks about churches in terms of money. “This one gets about $500 a week. This one is $1,000 a week.” (That’s not an exaggeration. ) He is very judgmental of some of my family which is why the division has happened. I could go on and on. The members of my family who are struggling and somewhat skeptical of Christianity, become even more skeptical because of people like him, which is frustrating. But what bothers me most is he has nearly died refusing to go to the doctor due to the fact it shows “lack of faith” and he’s the healing evangelist after all. He’s married to a very close family member, who I adore and who is older and tries to convince her not to go to the doctor when she is sick. He makes her feel guilty like she isn’t trusting God, and this obviously makes me incredibly angry because now he could potentially hurt her. This has happened a few times recently, others have been able to convince her to go to the doctor anyways. However, anytime I speak out against him, my mother says to be careful because the Bible says you should not speak against a man of God. My argument is that he isn’t a man of God.

Her reasoning is that he isn’t aware of the way he is. Which after thoughtful consideration, I don’t think he does realize what he is doing is wrong. But would anyone full of pride who turned church into a money-making business see it as wrong? Wouldn’t they all justify it in their hearts somehow? I seriously doubt they go to church everyday saying, “I know this is wrong and I don’t care.” So, is that an excuse for their behavior? And is it a serious offense to “speak against them?” I know I have some bitterness towards him that I need to deal with but it’s because I don’t want him to hurt anyone. And I can't just let it go. I would try talking to him but he won't listen to anyone. If a pastor even tries to disagree with him, he refuses to go back to that church. The guy is not open to feedback at all. 

Edit: Maybe I should have posted this under, "Have a problem? Looking for Advice?"

What they are usually referring to is  a verse in the Bible that says, "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."  (I Chr. 16:22). They take it out of context and apply to preachers.

It is used today an an intimidation tactic by shady preachers and their followers who are up to no good, and who are not really called of God.   We are supposed to call them out.  It is our duty to call out false teachers and false prophets and shady preachers who are what the Bible also refers to false shepherds, hirelings who don't care anything about the flock.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

On 2/27/2017 at 1:13 PM, missmuffet said:

Is he Charismatic and a WOF teacher? If this person is not preaching the true literal word of God his teachings need to be ignored. Perhaps you could pray for him because if he is a false teacher he is in a lot of trouble in the eyes of God.

missmuffiet, I have saw you use the phrase the "literal true Word of God" here numerous times, for the sake of clarity can you explain what that means to you please? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, ricky said:

missmuffiet, I have saw you use the phrase the "literal true Word of God" here numerous times, for the sake of clarity can you explain what that means to you please? 

Some people give the words of God in the Bible their own meaning. The Bible should be read just as it is written. There is some symbolism in the Bible especially in the book of Revelation but with the help of Theologian experts those can be studied so they are not spiritualized and go away from the true meaning of God's word.