zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

If you could have one wish like solomon had in his dreams when he met God in them what would it be?I would wish to have out of body experiences like paul's friend.

Edited by zorgblar
Spelling problem

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zorgblar

Pauls "friend"?

King James Bible
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2 Corinthians 12:2

Paul is speaking in the 3rd person -referring to "himself",not to "boast"    To read the entire message he has for the church at Corinth(with many problems to address)we can understand "why"he speaks in such a peculiar manner

Back to your question,.....I have no idea what I would ask,only to do His Will every minute of every day I suppose......which would undoubtedly point the Way to the foot of the cross by walking in Spirit & in Truth 100% .....I don't really know ,tough question

What about you,I was under the impression you were a Christian?You do know the Seekers Lounge is reserved for unbelievers,seekers & guests to ask questions about our Christian Faith,I believe I did give you that info ,perhaps you've forgotten?..........so I will take this opportunity  to ask,"What do you believe?"...or...."WHO"do you believe?No harm in asking,right?                                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

I am a methodist  and i am 28 years old.I first prayed jesus into my life when i was 7.And i have been baptized at my church.And your right i forgot sorry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings zorgblar

I thought so,thanks for clarifying though!.....lol,no problem...we will just request it be moved to the Inner Court..............Witn love-in  Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

God answers prayers not wishes.

Your right.But i am talking hypnotically about Solomon and the wish god gave him in his dream.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God answers prayers not wishes.

And wishes as well it seems...

John 15:7   If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, zorgblar said:

If you could have one wish like solomon had in his dreams when he met god in them what would it be?I would wish to have out of body experiences like paul's friend.

This is a great thought exercise, thanks for the thread. 

And it is a good question that makes on think.  The obvious answer is that which Solomon asked for, wisdom can open many other doors.   I think though maybe I would ask for better empathy, as I often struggle to understand the struggles of others. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

21 hours ago, zorgblar said:

If you could have one wish like solomon had in his dreams when he met god in them what would it be?I would wish to have out of body experiences like paul's friend.

Out of body experiences the way most people understand them are not of God. I don't know why you are repeating yourself here as if you expect us to give you different answers from the last time.

Paul was speaking of a near death experience. I don't know why you would want that, either. Though any one of us could be called at any time to make that ultimate sacrifice we are NOT called of God to act like a bunch of suicidal morons.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The Scripture says God spoke to Solomon in the night, it was not necessarily a dream. 

2 Chronicles 1:7 KJVS
[7] In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.

Usually in a dream it says so such as...

Genesis 20:3 KJVS
[3] But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Genesis 31:24 KJVS
[24] And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

God also rarely speaks to people in dreams any more, as well. That usually happens today only where the bible is scarce or outright forbidden. When you have the bible, you don't need dreams.