creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

My mother was just listening to some old country western songs from the 60s and this song played. I wasn't really listening deeply but the final line caught me. So when she replayed it,I. Listened closely.. Read those lyrics and tell me if that song isn't suspect.

This alsreminds me of something. Modern songs get flak by the older people for their vulgarity, but while it is justified, the older songs were pretty bad as well

Screenshot_2017-02-27-19-04-25.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

My mother was just listening to some old country western songs from the 60s and this song played. I wasn't really listening deeply but the final line caught me. So when she replayed it,I. Listened closely.. Read those lyrics and tell me if that song isn't suspect.

This alsreminds me of something. Modern songs get flak by the older people for their vulgarity, but while it is justified, the older songs were pretty bad as well

Screenshot_2017-02-27-19-04-25.png

Yes, some of the older songs had some suggestive words in them. There is a handful of secular songs I will listen it. I always check out the lyrics before I listen to it. Years ago I did not care but with the Holy Spirit and His guidance and direction now I do care very much.

23 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Sounds like a jealous father...

Seem a littlr too jealous. Look at  the wording. Man sounds betrayed for her dating a guy

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Why is this seen as a  jealous father?  Looks to me that the father wants to meet someone who has won his daughters heart and to ensure his daughter that he will always be there for her.  Something all fathers who love their daughters go through.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I can tell you that in a family the daughters are always the apple in their father's eye. The father is the first male figure in a little girl's life and there is nothing sick or demented in that. It's the same between a mother and her son. The father is always harder on their son's because they want to make a man out of them. The mother's are also harder on their daughters because they were girls, themselves.

Has anyone ever heard the saying, His daughter has him wrapped around her finger? Have you ever heard that his son has him wrapped around his finger? No, you don't but you do hear about mothers boy's, don't you?

This song is about the father's anxiety of letting his little girl go out in the big world and meeting the guy that wants to take his little girl away. It's a warmhearted ballad about not being ready for his little girl to grow up into a young lady and he's singing about that. Sometimes it's hard to let go of your kids, because they will always be those little girls and boys that you kissed away the pain of that last boo boo.

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

An oldie filthy? I see nothing filthy in it.

You can't use 2017 filters to evaluate 1957 motives.

I can't either. :noidea: Maybe creative could explain to us what he thinks is filthy about the lyrics.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

22 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I can tell you that in a family the daughters are always the apple in their father's eye. The father is the first male figure in a little girl's life and there is nothing sick or demented in that. It's the same between a mother and her son. The father is always harder on their son's because they want to make a man out of them. The mother's are also harder on their daughters because they were girls, themselves.

Has anyone ever heard the saying, His daughter has him wrapped around her finger? Have you ever heard that his son has him wrapped around his finger? No, you don't but you do hear about mothers boy's, don't you?

This song is about the father's anxiety of letting his little girl go out in the big world and meeting the guy that wants to take his little girl away. It's a warmhearted ballad about not being ready for his little girl to grow up into a young lady and he's singing about that. Sometimes it's hard to let go of your kids, because they will always be those little girls and boys that you kissed away the pain of that last boo boo.

Well Said CM

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I can't either. :noidea: Maybe creative could explain to us what he thinks is filthy about the lyrics.

Its not filthy ,i had wanted to put more songs with  secretly awful lyrics in it but didnt get the chance. but look at verses 2 and 3. I never doubted your love for a minute. I always thought that youd be true..... though you belong to another, i will still always love you.

That goes beyond paternal love, it seems a bit ......jealous/ obsessive. like hes being cheated on

50 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Its not filthy ,i had wanted to put more songs with  secretly awful lyrics in it but didnt get the chance. but look at verses 2 and 3. I never doubted your love for a minute. I always thought that youd be true..... though you belong to another, i will still always love you.

That goes beyond paternal love, it seems a bit ......jealous/ obsessive. like hes being cheated on

So it is a matter of perspective. Is the person married? Is there a hint of infidelity? There are a ton of secular songs where the lyrics are really bad. It sets a person up for desensitization if they listen to those lyrics and do not think anything of it.

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So it is a matter of perspective. Is the person married? Is there a hint of infidelity? There are a ton of secular songs where the lyrics are really bad. It sets a person up for desensitization if they listen to those lyrics and do not think anything of it.

the songs about his daughter getting flowers from a boy, but his reaction is a bit too over the top