MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This just bears out my own opinion on feminism today....it has been hijacked and perverted by the man hating promoters of promiscuity and abortion.

http://observer.com/2017/02/merriam-webster-twitter-kellyanne-conway-feminism/

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I am skeptical of Kellyanne Conway. :mellow:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am skeptical of Kellyanne Conway. :mellow:

Why, MM?  I think she epitomizes a woman who made it in a male dominated field.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, MorningGlory said:

Why, MM?  I think she epitomizes a woman who made it in a male dominated field.

From the videos I have seen of her I am just not impressed.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

This just bears out my own opinion on feminism today....it has been hijacked and perverted by the man hating promoters of promiscuity and abortion.

Much ado about nothing.  Conway has given the word her own meaning and the folks at MW were just showing her what the actual meaning was.   We are seeing this too often, we even see it on this forum, where people now have their own meaning for words that do not correlate to the actual meaning.  

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

This isn't the first time that the hypocritical liberal establishment types have done this.   When conservative women embody the kind of achievements that feminism wants to see women achieve the definition of "feminism"  is redefined to exclude conservative women.  Liberals did this to Sarah Palin in 2008/09 where she was referred to in vulgar terms by liberals, and everything she did was condemned right down to how she ate pizza with a fork.  For some reason that was some kind of unpardonable sin.  The Liberals show just how frustrated they are when they have to magnify such minor things 'cause they don't have any actual scandalous material to draw on.   If this were a woman who had achieved in a Clinton presidency what Conway has achieved in a Trump presidency, that woman would be praised as the epitome of the feminist movement.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

This isn't the first time that the hypocritical liberal establishment types have done this.   When conservative women embody the kind of achievements that feminism wants to see women achieve the definition of "feminism"  is redefined to exclude conservative women...

Here is the definition of Feminism, can you explain how this excludes conservative women..

Definition of feminism

1. 1:  the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2. 2:  organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

Here is the definition of Feminism, can you explain how this excludes conservative women..

Definition of feminism

1. 1:  the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2. 2:  organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

I am talking how feminism works in practice, not necessarily a  dictionary definition.   The feminists redefine it in practice in  a manner that excludes conservative women who achieve the very equality that feminism espouses.   If Kelly Anne Conway had worked for Hillary Clinton and helped her get elected, she would be the epitome of feminism.  It just demonstrates that her critics operate from a double standard.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I am talking how feminism works in practice, not necessarily a  dictionary definition.   The feminists redefine it in practice in  a manner that excludes conservative women who achieve the very equality that feminism espouses.   If Kelly Anne Conway had worked for Hillary Clinton and helped her get elected, she would be the epitome of feminism.  It just demonstrates that her critics operate from a double standard.

The OP is about a tweet from the folks that make the Webster dictionary.  It would seem prudent to stick to that definition to determine if the folks at Webster did anything that was sanctimonious or not.   I also think it would be better if we stuck to realty and did not base our actions on  "IF" scenarios. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The OP is about a tweet from the folks that make the Webster dictionary.  It would seem prudent to stick to that definition to determine if the folks at Webster did anything that was sanctimonious or not.   I also think it would be better if we stuck to realty and did not base our actions on  "IF" scenarios. 

It's easy to spin things when one wants to stick to a one-dimensional view of a word or term. Feminism is bigger than that definition.  What's more important than definitions are word usages.   Words are often used outside their textbook definitions in real life.  Feminism is used one way to laud liberal women when they achieve the  ideals of feminism and then conveniently either ignored or redefined when a conservative woman meets achieve those certain ideals.

Again, if Kelly Anne Conway had said what she said in the context of a Hillary Clinton victory, Conway would be praised for her efforts, but in an effort to bow to political correctness and the hate-filled pressure fueled by the liberals/anti-Trump folks, the people at Merriam Webster decided to use their publication to make a political statement and slam Conway in the process.