creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Ok I did a post that got locked before i got to really  explain it. Heres what I wanted to do.Some things we commonly use eg songs nursery rhymes etc arent as innocent as they seem. In fact research will shock you as to the true meanings of things. My aim was to show how as time goes on things we  (especially Christians) can be so acclimatized to things that they dont realise what they say. please dont post any  lyrics thatll make it get locked.

Examples

Nursery rhymes werent made for kids but rather are jokes about stuff that happened at the time, but we tell them to kids and teach them them.

Rock a bye baby- tells of a practice of Native american mothers who put theiy babies in cradles in trees to rock them, unfortunately some babies would drop out of the tree and die.

Peter Peter pumpkin eater is really about a man whose wife is unfaithful (couldnt keep her) so he murdered her and hid the body in a pumpkin(put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well)

Songs

Multiple songs

Lots of romantic songs are actually blatant celebrations of adultery. We all know about "If loving you is wrong"  but also whitney Houston's @Saving all my love for you. Apparnetly her mother didnt want her to actually sing it because of the content

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

There's been many songs I sang along to as a kid/teen, oblivious, only to find out as an adult exactly what the lyrics meant.

I once sang along to, "If I were a carpenter and you were my lady" as a teen - that didn't go down too well. I didn't know why, I just liked the tune!

what so bad about it? Heres another one though -alot of people  may sing the song clementine not realising its about a woman who drowned and whos boyfriend hooked up with the sister

6 hours ago, HisFirst said:

There's been many songs I sang along to as a kid/teen, oblivious, only to find out as an adult exactly what the lyrics meant.

I once sang along to, "If I were a carpenter and you were my lady" as a teen - that didn't go down too well. I didn't know why, I just liked the tune!

Guest BacKaran

Ring around the Rosie

The bubonic plague have people a flower looking rash

Pocket full of posies people would pick posies to remember the dead

Ashoo ashoo the sneeze was a sign of the plague

We all fall down.... We all die....

Not a very good children's song or game....

Georgie porgie was allegedly about an actual rapist

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

"There was an old lady who lived in a shoe,

Had so many children she didn't know what to do..." ...umm, promiscuity and welfare!

What is the purpose of this thread anyhow? Shouldn't it be in the outer court anyways?

or just a widow?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

3 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Ring around the Rosie

The bubonic plague have people a flower looking rash

Pocket full of posies people would pick posies to remember the dead

Ashoo ashoo the sneeze was a sign of the plague

We all fall down.... We all die....

Not a very good children's song or game....

Ashes Ashes, referred to the burning, the infected remains

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Georgie Porgie an alleged rapist? :blink:

OK, on a lighthearted note so as not to stay concerned about my innocent consumption of that rhyme, did you know that in the nursery rhyme about Humpty Dumpty there is no actual mention that Humpty is an egg? 

It's just inferred. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

And if you consider the almost magical raise to fame of the Beatles plus what that lead to, I see the finger prints of Satan all over it. And the Rolling Stones did a song to make you feel sorry for the devil. As we grow in God we learn to give these things up. We stop enjoying them.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 2/28/2017 at 7:07 AM, creativemechanic said:

Ok I did a post that got locked before i got to really  explain it. Heres what I wanted to do.Some things we commonly use eg songs nursery rhymes etc arent as innocent as they seem. In fact research will shock you as to the true meanings of things. My aim was to show how as time goes on things we  (especially Christians) can be so acclimatized to things that they dont realise what they say. please dont post any  lyrics thatll make it get locked.

Examples

Nursery rhymes werent made for kids but rather are jokes about stuff that happened at the time, but we tell them to kids and teach them them.

Rock a bye baby- tells of a practice of Native american mothers who put theiy babies in cradles in trees to rock them, unfortunately some babies would drop out of the tree and die.

Peter Peter pumpkin eater is really about a man whose wife is unfaithful (couldnt keep her) so he murdered her and hid the body in a pumpkin(put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well)

Songs

Multiple songs

Lots of romantic songs are actually blatant celebrations of adultery. We all know about "If loving you is wrong"  but also whitney Houston's @Saving all my love for you. Apparnetly her mother didnt want her to actually sing it because of the content

By what authority do you make these claims?