IGNORED

Gods view on illegal immigrants

Leviticus 19:34 says: " The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. "

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

Leviticus 19:34 says: " The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. "

No, that is not God's view on illegal immigrants.

That is God's commandment to Israel on those who chose to join themselves to Israel and become Israelites.  

Don't use the Bible to address issues it doesn't address.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,821
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Saktmodig said:

This is a very confusing statement, and is not truth without the context.

For a test and comparing to what you may have in mind. 

Today's immigrants practice their own religion, to whatever they had. 

Are you suggesting that Leviticus, or God's way that time was freedom of religion. 

That strangers would come and bring their idols and their mediums, or their sorcerers and worship in Jerusalem during the feast of Passover and the unleavened bread.

And the " strangers will tell the Jews, practice  " Leviticus 19.34".

The Jews will point to another part of the book, and tell them ,(that time), your luck has run out, and do what they had to do. 

Even the Romans did not build a Temple of their Gods in Jerusalem. 

You did say Leviticus 19:34, there are 19, chapters and thousands of verses, why don't you post all the rest, and see what really is all about. 

Whoud you go to China and tell them Leviticus 19:34, and I want to be an illegal immigrant in your country, and I don't need a passport. 

Where in Leviticus it says anything about passports. 

But if Leviticus says that I have to fight your wars, then I will fight your wars. And pay your taxes. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not God's view on illegal immigrants.

That is God's commandment to Israel on those who chose to join themselves to Israel and become Israelites.  

Don't use the Bible to address issues it doesn't address.

So you do not think that the Bible asks you to love an illegal immigrant as yourself?

1 hour ago, Saktmodig said:

Matthew 5:17-20

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Saktmodig said:

So you do not think that the Bible asks you to love an illegal immigrant as yourself?

You are confusing issues.  Illegal immigration isn't a biblical issue.  It is a government issue.  "Illegal" means they are breaking the law.   The fact is that if they want to immigrate to the US, there is a legal means to do so.  They need to come into the country the right way. Loving them doesn't mean we have to allow them to come into our country illegally and take whatever they want.

Europeans need to get some commonsense on these matters.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You are confusing issues.  Illegal immigration isn't a biblical issue.  It is a government issue.  "Illegal" means they are breaking the law.   The fact is that if they want to immigrate to the US, there is a legal means to do so.  They need to come into the country the right way. Loving them doesn't mean we have to allow them to come into our country illegally and take whatever they want.

Europeans need to get some commonsense on these matters.

So you show love by not letting a person into your country? Or by throwing someone out if they came "illegally"? Would you have treated your son or daughter that way? Would you like others to treat you like that? 

Matthew 9:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’[a] For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”[b]

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Saktmodig said:

So you show love by not letting a person into your country? Or by throwing someone out if they came "illegally"?

That is just ridiculous.  I am not talking about not letting anyone into our country.  I am talking about them coming in the right and legal way.  If they want to come to our country and do it the right way, they are free to come in.   If they come in illegally, they need to be sent back.  That's how a nation with laws and borders works.   Other nations do the same thing.

So you show love by not letting a person into your country? Or by throwing someone out if they came "illegally"? Would you have treated your son or daughter that way?

More nonsense.   We are not talking about how we treat our family, but how we respond to people who break our laws.   Coming to and living in the US is not a right that we owe anyone.  No one has a right to be here except citizens.   Living here is a privilege we grant to foreigners.   If they want to come here the right way, they are free to do so.   But WE decide who gets to stay.   The United States is a sovereign nation and we have borders and laws and those laws will be enforced.

Would you like others to treat you like that? 

I am not trying to enter anyone else's country illegally.   I cannot complain if I break another country's laws and they arrest me.   That is my fault.   I would fully expect to be arrested in another country if I did things that are illegal in other countries.

That is just ridiculous.  I am not talking about not letting anyone into our country.  I am talking about them coming in the right and legal way.  If they want to come to our country and do it the right way, they are free to come in.   If they come in illegally, they need to be sent back.  That's how a nation with laws and borders works.   Other nations do the same thing.

More nonsense.   We are not talking about how we treat our family, but how we respond to people who break our laws.   Coming to and living in the US is not a right that we owe anyone.  No one has a right to be here except citizens.   Living here is a privilege we grant to foreigners.   If they want to come here the right way, they are free to do so.   But WE decide who gets to stay.   The United States is a sovereign nation and we have borders and laws and those laws will be enforced.

I am not trying to enter anyone else's country illegally.   I cannot complain if I break another country's laws and they arrest me.   That is my fault.   I would fully expect to be arrested in another country if I did things that are illegal in other countries.

Loving your neighbor is ridiculous? Tell the Bible that. 

As a Christian I thought you would be more concerned about you yourself breaking Gods commandments, than about other crossing borders. 

Does others breaking the law of men justify you breaking the law of God?