• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1973

Does God put curses on people at this day in age because they did not follow the 10 commandments?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Greetings in God's Son Jesus Christ

Jesus's Word reveals that man's whole duty today toward God is to believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ (who shed his blood and died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day), and love one another (1 John 3:23).

The wrath of God abides only on those who do not believe on his Son Jesus Christ through his name (Rom. 5:1, Acts 10:43, Rom. 8:1-2, John 3:18, 36).

This does not mean that Jesus's children will not suffer (Matt. 10:22, 2 Tim. 2:12, 1 Pet. 2:19-21, Rom. 5:3-4, Ps. 34:19).

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven (Matt. 5:12)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, be with you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I believe that God was speaking to the nation of Israel.  God dealt with nations, but possibly also with individuals.  The nation was sent into exile in Babylon for not keeping the sabbath of the land, and letting it go fallow every 7th year.  But everyone is under a curse.  No one can keep the law perfectly and that is what God required---perfection.  All have sinned and fallen short of God's requirement.  No one is righteous in His sight but Jesus.  

The law was written to show us we need help.  We need someone to buy us back from satan's kingdom.  No one will go to heaven unless he knows he is heading for hell and calls on God for help.  The only reason God sends us help is because His only Son came to earth and lived a perfect life, fulfilling the law, and then was tortured to death in our place for our sins.  He payed the penalty.  In exchange He gives us His righteousness based on our faith that He arose from the dead.  The right to go to heaven is a free gift, free for the asking, when we come to hate having our minds in the gutter and turn to Jesus to cleanse us. Jesus purchased our right to go to heaven for us and paid for it with His own blood.  Then He sends His own Spirit to live in us to give us the power to follow Him.  He renews our minds and makes them pure as we read His word, pray, form a daily relationship with Him.  We learn to see others as He does with righteous compassion.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Does not being able to enter heaven constitute a curse ?  (i.e. resurrected to shame and judgment instead of to eternal life)

See the list in Revelation of who is not able to enter heaven.  (many are related to breaking (continually, without repentance) YHWH'S commandments, if not direct commandments).

Everyone is consigned under sin, so that everyone may be saved by grace - so everyone who is not saved (most of the world) remains dead in their sin and trespasses -  is that a curse ?    (It doesn't matter if they broke one of the ten, or all of them , or not - everyone is consigned under sin until/ before they are purchased by the blood of the MESSIAH Y'SHUA)

Who can be set free from any curse ?  

Perhaps anyone|everyone who turns to JESUS.   (as written in the NEW TESTAMENT - everyone who came to JESUS was healed,

and JESUS said no one who comes to HIM will HE turn away).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

8 hours ago, Salena said:

Does God put curses on people at this day in age because they did not follow the 10 commandments?

It seems that the writers of the bible meant to  tell us that God does lay curses. Only for not following the 10 commandments ? I don't know.

Genesis 3:17 And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;

Galatians 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The apostle Paul speaks to this issue in the book of Galatians. He writes, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a

curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree' (Gal 3:13)."

Jesus also spoke to this and stated, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but

to fulfill them" (Mt. 5:17). 

Hence, the law is fulfilled in Christ--when we repent, and place our full trust in Christ, we are born of the Spirit (John 3:3). The goal is then for 

us to abide in the Spirit of God that we might not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Gal 5:16). Indeed, the work is done by God, but we must give Him full access to our lives. In reponse, He infuses us with His nature. As such, we can only curse ourselves by refusing His incredible offer of 

love, mercy and abundant grace!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

You ask a very interesting and timely question. Does God actively curse people in this day and age?

You have obviously read the Bible and picked up on the blessings and curses God laid out in the Book of the Law that was passed down to the Hebrews (which we know as the Old Testament). God placed those blessings and curses in the Word for the purpose of outlining what would happen IF people obeyed God or disobeyed God. So, in advance, with forethought, God laid out His expectations, His rewards and His punishments for those who obeyed or disobeyed Him. This is important to understand because it does NOT mean that God is actively cursing people today or throwing thunderbolts at those who sin.

WE access either blessings or curses based solely upon our obedience or disobedience to God's laws. Now that Christ has come, we have an advocate with the Father and someone who paid the penalty for our sins by His death on the Cross. THEN, Jesus arose from the dead, thus breaking the link between life and death. No longer are we REQUIRED to die for our sins. Now, through Jesus, we have access to eternal life, even though we are mostly broken down sinners. But, if we sin and do not repent, we activate the curses laid out in the Book of the Law. God laid them down a long time ago and gave us a choice of which kind of reward we wanted....blessing or cursing. If we want to be blessed, we obey God as best we can and ask Jesus to forgive us our sin. If we sin, don't repent or change our ways, we set in motion the curses God already laid down, so right now, in this day and age, God's curses become active and we suffer mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The GOOD NEWS is, that even though we activate God's curses through disobedience, His Grace is applied when we repent and we CAN be forgiven. We may not be able to avoid all the consequences (mainly physical) of our disobedience, but we can still qualify for our eternal rewards in Christ.

Curses are very real and they have devastating effects on the lives of people....even Christians who are unaware they have activated a curse. There are generational curses (according to Deut.5:9,10) that have effects on us until we learn how to break them and walk in blessings instead of curses.

Blessings

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 3/2/2017 at 8:11 AM, Salena said:

When God's people turn their backs on God the people of God are subjecting themselves. This is where the law comes into play in our lives. Basically we curse ourselves and subject ourselves to the woes of this carnal world.

The law, the battles and the struggles of Adam= 'a red earth human' and Eve= 'life, the spirit within human that is there to show the human where the breath of life is and teach the human how to breath' are all written into the Old Testament. These characters/hosts/names the principalities and powers of authority are written in the Old and New Testament are the authorities/powers/principalities of the world and of the heavenly kingdom in us (Luke 17:21). 

If we look into (examine ourselves) the subjection that we have brought upon ourselves while living to our carnal flesh one could consider these a curse.

Romans 13- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.  Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/2/2017 at 8:11 AM, Salena said:

I don't think so.  If a child stumbles and falls,  but puts their trust in and relies on the FATHER IN HEAVEN,  the FATHER does not let him be cast down,  but UPHOLDS HIM WITH THE STRENGTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND (JESUS).   HIS WORD says HE curses those who trust men who teach that it is okay to disobey the commandments,  violating HIS WORD.   Actually,  more encompassing,  HIS WORD says HE curses those who trust men/ flesh instead of trusting YHWH in anything. (even if it is authority, military, scientists, church leaders and teachers etc)    TRUST YHWH ONLY,  and test everything by HIS WORD.  Don't believe anything that contradicts or opposes what is proven true in HIS WORD.   HE LOVES PEOPLE to SEEK HIM.(for all things)

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 3/2/2017 at 2:11 PM, Salena said:

No Salena, God does not put curses upon his own people. However, I've seen TV preachers on so-called "Christian Television" cursing people who criticize them or who do not pay tithes to them, so beware, as many wolves are out their and the worst wolves wrap themselves up in Church titles and authority. I am new here, I run a YouTube channel with 7 million hits, I have a series of top 10 videos, including the top 10 most aggressive pastors and TV preachers, am I allowed to post the link here in this thread? I don't want to break any rule, but on this particular video you can see a pastor kicking a female congregant, congregants eating grass, eating the tips of the tails of live rats, cursing non-tithers and cursing people who criticize TV preachers. If an admin reads this, please help me to understand the rules of what I am permitted to post link wise, I did make these videos myself so I don't want to be accused of self-promotion.