• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, Lolly said:

The apostle Paul speaks to this issue in the book of Galatians. He writes, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a

curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree' (Gal 3:13)."

Jesus also spoke to this and stated, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but

to fulfill them" (Mt. 5:17). 

Hence, the law is fulfilled in Christ--when we repent, and place our full trust in Christ, we are born of the Spirit (John 3:3). The goal is then for 

us to abide in the Spirit of God that we might not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Gal 5:16). Indeed, the work is done by God, but we must give Him full access to our lives. In reponse, He infuses us with His nature. As such, we can only curse ourselves by refusing His incredible offer of 

love, mercy and abundant grace!

Amen the law is fulfilled in Christ, therefore we don't need to keep the law to get ourselves saved through our own efforts. The New Covenant is a covenant made by the Son with the Father, mediated through the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 9:13-15), this covenant is the basis of our salvation, i.e. what God has done on our behalf, not what we have done.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

What are the curses God promised Israel for disobedience?

https://www.gotquestions.org/curses-disobedience.html

Answer: In Deuteronomy 28, God provides a list of blessings for obedience in verses 1–14 followed ... God offered the Israelites both blessings and curses based on their response to His Law. ... What did it mean to be devoted to destruction?

-------------------------------------------------------

Likewise, in the NEW TESTAMENT,  it is written many were sick and died,  (of ekklesia, God's set apart people),

in the assembly at Corinth (in Corinthians).... 

AND

the blessing and the curse from YHWH, in SCRIPTURE,  is given to anyone including HIS OWN PEOPLE ,  based upon whether they bless YHWH'S people or seek to hurt them.   They cannot escape the curse of YHWH if they seek to harm or to curse YHWH'S people.  

There's other examples also.  

Perhaps the most widespread temporal one is the illness that is upon so many people,  almost everywhere.

Even God's People -   "For lack of knowledge,  MY People PERISH" ...... and it is wide spread.

What this means in the future life ,  YHWH knows......