• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1973

Is there scriptures in the Bible that talk about dealing with midlife crisis?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Shalom Salena,

I moved this out of Seekers so you can get advice without every response having to be approved.  If you would like this to be answered by only women, I can more it to that forum, but a password will be needed.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Just now, Salena said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Rejoice ever more. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16_18 (American King James Version)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/2/2017 at 9:06 AM, Salena said:

No there isn't. And midlife crisis is a modern invention.  BTW when is midlife?  What age are persons in their own minds?  You are whatever age you believe in your mind, regardless of chronological age.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/2/2017 at 10:06 AM, Salena said:

Well - yes and no.  The literal topic of midlife crisis is not in the Bible, but the idea of the regrets of life are and how to be alleviated from them are there.

A person can have a crisis of life's regrets and question their own existence and accomplishments at any age:  20's, 50's, or even 90's.

It's a common thing to look back and question things and feel like we have either missed out on something or were left out or failed to accomplish what we set out to do.  And sometimes we get bogged down in those regrets and ergo, the crisis.  And it's not a good place to be nor is it healthy or spiritually beneficial.  When the regrets turn into a life's crisis - that's where the devil wants you to be.  Why?  Because you can't see the benefits, blessings, and work of the Lord of TODAY nor can we look towards the future with boldness, joy, or peace.

And even worse, when we are bogged down in that crisis of the past - nothing gets done today nor are our todays effective.  And the crisis snowballs as each day just becomes another regret. And those regrets COULD be resolved today and tomorrow, but we never give ourselves the chance because the devil keeps us in our pity-party of the past.

And then the worst thing happens and the regrets eventually turn into shame, depression, guilt, doubts and a person is in a dismal state.

Here's a few scriptures about peace in that area.

1. Hebrews 13:5 - "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
  2. Philippians 3:13-15 - "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you."
  3. Isaiah 43:18-19 - "Don't remember the former things or dwell on things of old.  Look, I am doing a new thing; it now springs forth, can't you see it?  I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Regrets are normal, but they don't have to turn into a crisis.  We can't change anything about yesterday.  But God has a today for us and possibly many tomorrows [even though they aren't promised].  Focus on that.  You can make new plans to resolve some of the negative effects of yesterday, but yesterdays aren't given to us to live over.  The mental do-overs - the fantasies of living it all over - are stagnating.

Focus on the Lord leading you actively and with joy and with a purpose instead of turning back to dead yesterdays that cannot be relived

Guest BacKaran

What I have done when the mins churns up the past, is to remind myself that I am a new creature in Him and today is all I have.

No need to rehash the past, one reason I don't attend high school reunions any more.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God can lead you out of a midlife crisis. Turn your life over to Christ and let Him guide and direct every step that you take. Reject what the world has to offer.

Hebrews 3:13

Hebrews 11:25