Holy Spirit help

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys, so I am a new Christian and have been confused lately. I received the Holy Spirit last weekend at a conference and it was awesome and I felt god love me. So last night I tried to get into it again and it was weird. I had like electric hot flashes going through my body. But I didn't feel a closeness to god like before. Now I've been reading on the Internet of some stuff that kinda freaked me out like it could have been something demonic that got me and gave me a false holyspirit thing. I dunno if it was god doing it or what but I want to know! I was praying in Jesus name and everything. Also I have this constant heat in my chest all the time after the conference, can anyone relate? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome to Worthy!

Please, look in the bible for your answers, not the internet.  The internet is full of false teaching from wolves claiming to be believers.   Even those who are believers post their personal beliefs that go against scripture.  I was told a very long time ago that if I needed an answer about anything God does, go to scripture first, and if I still had questions, ask someone I knew who is a true follower of His.  You have no idea who is behind the keyboard giving advice, which is even true with my reply.

I can tell you that if you are seeking God and the Holy Spirit, God will not allow any demon to enter your body as He is already with you.

I was not at the conference you were at and know nothing about the conference at all, so I cannot comment on what happened or what was taught.  All I can do is tell you to take what you heard there and look through scripture to see if what they said was the truth.  Again, if you need help, ask someone you know who lives the life of a Christian.  You will know if they follow Christ by their actions, how they live.

So you can have a better understanding, when you repented of your past life and asked for forgiveness from God, applying the reason Jesus died for us to your life, the Holy Spirit sealed you.  We can read about this in Ephesians 1:13-14

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

If you wish to learn more about the Holy Spirit, I suggest you read John 14 through John 16.  He is our helper, teacher, comforter, and much more.  I wrote something for my son years ago about the Holy Spirit.  It is rather lengthy, so I will not post it unless you ask for it.

If this does not touch on your concerns, please be more specific.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Welcome to Worthy.