• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Deuteronomy 18:15-22 speaks about true and false prophets as well.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

15 hours ago, Traveler said:

The real problem is that the false prophets do not know that they are false prophets. They believe they are in the Lords will. The distinction happens when you bind and cast away the familiar spirits operating through them and they loose the ability to "Hear the Lord"

Youve met someone claiming to be a prophet?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Yes, I know a few prophets

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, BacKaran said:

A great link from Dr Regan on false preachers and prophets.

http://christinprophecy.org/articles/the-danger-of-false-prophets/

I'm familiar with all these false leaders the article mentions, and so many more in our generation, we need to be aware!!

"Ellen G. White
Charles Taze Russell
Florence Houteff
Herbert W. Armstrong
“Moses” David Berg
Jean Dixon
Edgar E. Whisenant
Harold Camping"

I had flashbacks on the number of churches back in the day embracing Whesenart's "Why Jesus Will Return in 1988." So many were ready to "fly away" when Jesus showed up on cue... 

The church I was visiting at the time, even had a popular Christian Newspaper do an interview with the Pastor, and those with him pose for a photo op for the paper.
I was the only one who stood to the side and stayed out of the photo, letting the folks know no man knows the day of Christ return, except for the Father.
Did not find myself well received after that!
Matt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Now 29 years later with their christ not showing up in 88 as they thought He would, this now completely false church has gone on and advanced many other heresies through the years and continues to do so. Tragic! I continue to warn folks on staying away from that place to this day.

The Body of Christ needs to hear the last paragraph of this article! I've been preaching along these lines for years. Emphasis mine!
-------

“The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (Revelation 19:10)

Over and over, the Word of God commands us to test all messages lest we be deceived and led astray. Paul urged the people of Berea to test everything he taught them, and they did so by “examining the Scriptures daily” to see whether what he was teaching was scriptural (Acts 17:10-11). Paul was an apostle! How much more so should we test everything we hear taught by the standard of the Word of God.

The tragedy is that most professing Christians today are incapable of testing anything because they are biblically ignorant. There is a famine of the Word in most churches today (Amos 8:11) as people are fed a diet of pop psychology and positive thinking.

What about you? Are you in the Word on a daily basis? Are you capable of testing doctrine by Scripture? If not, then you are a sitting duck for deception. “Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Edited by B3L13v3R
Typo