• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Asian pastor still missing almost 3 weeks after being taken

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2167240

ps - Please note that this  OP/ thread is just meant as an fyi / info thread... and is not meant as a debate thread ....

Please consider this OP   simply as a note stuck on a notice board or something ..and nothing more. 

I would like to ask my fellow worthy members to please kindly refrain from using this thread to slam anyone or any people group.. or to insult anyone.. or to make any derogatory or rude remarks etc.... about anyone or anything.    

Please please respect my wishes about this thread.  There is a reason I ask.  And it is not simply to be troublesome. 

Thank you very much for your kind understanding. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

I would request that an admin lock the post for you! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

22 hours ago, just_abc said:

ps - Please note that this  OP/ thread is just meant as an fyi / info thread... and is not meant as a debate thread ....

Please consider this OP   simply as a note stuck on a notice board or something ..and nothing more. 

I would like to ask my fellow worthy members to please kindly refrain from using this thread to slam anyone or any people group.. or to insult anyone.. or to make any derogatory or rude remarks etc.... about anyone or anything.    

Please please respect my wishes about this thread.  There is a reason I ask.  And it is not simply to be troublesome. 

Praying..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

22 hours ago, just_abc said:

Praying

A recent news article.  Please note article has video which might possibly show what happened. 

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/03/06/taken-in-40-seconds-kidnapping-had-military-precision/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

PETALING JAYA: Police have made a breakthrough in their investigation into the abduction of Pastor Raymond Koh Keng Joo with the detention of a a 32-year-old suspect.

The suspect was detained in Ampang, Selangor at 3.30am today after he made a ransom demand to Koh's family in exchange for his release.

Koh was abducted on Feb 13.

Selangor police chief Commissioner Datuk Seri Abdul Samah Mat said the suspect has been remanded for four days.

"The suspect had contacted the victim's family a day earlier (Wednesday) and asked for an amount of ransom in exchange for his release.

"The man was remanded at the Petaling Jaya Magistrate Court to facilitate investigations under the Section 365 of the Penal Code for abduction and Section 385 of the same code for extortion," he said in a statement today.

However, Abdul Samah remained mum on whether police have managed to determine the whereabouts of the pastor.

He said investigations into the case was still ongoing, and urged the public not to speculate.

He urged those who had any information on the case to contact the police.

It was reported that footage retrieved from closed-circuit cameras installed at homes along Jalan 4B/10 showed that over 15 masked men in about six cars and two motorcycles were involved.

On Tuesday, Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said personal issues are one of three angles police are looking at in the abduction of Koh.

He said another angle police were probing was on extremist elements and that "kidnap for ransom" was the third angle being investigated.

Khalid also told the public and media in no uncertain terms to stop speculating on Koh's abduction.

Koh's situation and whereabouts are currently unknown while his family has put up a RM100,000 reward for any information on the matter.

Koh's wife, Susanna Liew Sow Yoke, has also called on the public to stop speculating over the abduction of her husband.

Just a small note.

If I am not mistaken.. the person was detained after he had asked for money from the family to secure the pastor's release.  The public does not know yet whether or not the person was actually involved in the kidnapping.. or whether he was merely a con-man or something.. trying to extort money from the family.... This is not known yet.

Just a small note that's all.  The public has been urged not to speculate about the case. 

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

• 5 weeks later...

Just small updates

1.    The person detained by police has been charged for trying to extort money.  He is not believed to be involved in the abduction at all.  [please note this news link is a few weeks old]

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-custody-had-no-links-110154132.html

2.    More than 50 days after he was taken - the pastor remains missing

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/04/04/church-leaders-unite-in-solidarity-with-pastor-koh/

Just small update -   Thanks 

Edited by just_abc

• 1 year later...

deleted by poster

Edited by just_abc