Reporting Suspicious Behaviour

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Today the British police have launched a fresh advertising campaign in light of the success they have had in thwarting terrorist activity as a direct result of tip-offs from the public. 

In the year to March 2017, the anti-terrorist hotline received more than twice the number of calls in the previous 12 months, with 22,000 people making contact.

Anti-Terrorist Hotline: 0800 789 321 

gov.uk/ACT

Do you have any thoughts about this? 

The government advert is only 30 seconds and is intended for the public: 

https://youtu.be/kUZ8vrw_dxo

Edited by When Is Jesus Coming?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

We have a family friend who owns a small business. Right after 9-11- a caller ID number rang her up that belonged to U.S Gov. It was a guy from the newly formed homeland security office. Reaching out to small business contractors asking them to report any suspect activity at customer addresses.

Toll free number! Billboards advertising this coming to your area soon. Look for them!

She said it was like an advertising call reaching back to McCarthyism.

History repeating itself maybe.

Aren't phone lines in America policed already by the federal government?

35 minutes ago, tinyprayers said:

We have a family friend who owns a small business. Right after 9-11- a caller ID number rang her up that belonged to U.S Gov. It was a guy from the newly formed homeland security office. Reaching out to small business contractors asking them to report any suspect activity at customer addresses.

Toll free number! Billboards advertising this coming to your area soon. Look for them!

She said it was like an advertising call reaching back to McCarthyism.

History repeating itself maybe.

Aren't phone lines in America policed already by the federal government?

I should have mentioned this  is a British initiative. 

America's security protocols have spread across the water now instead of the other way around? Only because Europe is now experiencing what America will in future if we're not protected from copying Europe's Muslim problem.

4 minutes ago, tinyprayers said:

America's security protocols have spread across the water now instead of the other way around? Only because Europe is now experiencing what America will in future if we're not protected from copying Europe's Muslim problem.

Yep, I agree and think if it comes to America they will be even more aggressive considering the history of US foreign policy in the middle east. 

Edited by When Is Jesus Coming?

2 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Yep, I agree and think if it comes to America they will be even more aggressive considering the history of US foreign policy in the middle east. 

Likely.

There are people living in America that defend aggressors from the ME due to that. And those people claim to be citizens here.

It's that, you got it coming! Mentality that's really warped.

17 minutes ago, tinyprayers said:

Likely.

There are people living in America that defend aggressors from the ME due to that. And those people claim to be citizens here.

It's that, you got it coming! Mentality that's really warped.

It's a twisted and very fallen world. Adam's family has become very dysfunctional. The Adams family you could say :)  

It's only going to get worse until Jesus returns. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Interesting dialog.  I fail to see what the issue is when someone is asked to help stop terrorism before it strikes.  If we notice something that look suspicious, are we supposed to just ignore it and say nothing?  I can see how paranoia can result in overuse of the reports, but if 1 terrorist act is stopped, isn't that worth a phone call?  Look at it from the other side, if we see something and say nothing, and a terrorist act is committed, destroying buildings and taking lives, what is the price of silence in this case?  Silence can be golden in some cases, but deadly in others.  Wisdom should be the dividing factor.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

To answer the OP's question I think we should always report suspicious behavior. We should just turn a blind eye to it. Now with terrorism on the rise I think it is that much more important to keep an eye out for it. I don't think we have to be paranoid about it but still be aware of our surroundings and what is going on.

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Interesting dialog.  I fail to see what the issue is when someone is asked to help stop terrorism before it strikes.  If we notice something that look suspicious, are we supposed to just ignore it and say nothing?  I can see how paranoia can result in overuse of the reports, but if 1 terrorist act is stopped, isn't that worth a phone call?  Look at it from the other side, if we see something and say nothing, and a terrorist act is committed, destroying buildings and taking lives, what is the price of silence in this case?  Silence can be golden in some cases, but deadly in others.  Wisdom should be the dividing factor.

In Britain I think the government and police are totally right to advertise this kind of message. I would go further and say that if people don't come forward and report people they suspect then they are accountable too under British and International law.