• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/8/2017 at 10:50 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

There have been Muslim Chaplins in the military for decades, yet somehow the military has survived. 

On the 8th day God created perpetual sarcastic.

On the 9th he apologized.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It's a strange move given the climate now. Not a bright idea in my view for morale.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, tinyprayers said:

It's a strange move given the climate now. Not a bright idea in my view for morale.

Not a strange idea at all, this Chaplin is the highest ranking Chaplin in the 7th Division and as such he is over the other Chaplins.  It will not hurt morale as there are still other chaplains in the Division that will have more one-on-one contact with the troops as well as the fact that most troops are more than used to working side by side with Muslims and understand they are not the enemy. 

It would hurt morale more to refuse to promote someone due to them not being the "right religion". 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, Churchmouse said:

I would not put too much into this. This person is probably put in charge of the chaplains that that are serving in this division and is part of their chain of command....

Each brigade of a division usually has its own chaplain, but military chaplains are expected to service the spiritual needs of all soldiers regardless of their respective denomination, or lack thereof.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 minute ago, OldSchool2 said:

Each brigade of a division usually has its own chaplain, but military chaplains are expected to service the spiritual needs of all soldiers regardless of their respective denomination, or lack thereof.

This topic was about who ran the chaplains from division headquarters.

46 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Not a strange idea at all, this Chaplin is the highest ranking Chaplin in the 7th Division and as such he is over the other Chaplins.  It will not hurt morale as there are still other chaplains in the Division that will have more one-on-one contact with the troops as well as the fact that most troops are more than used to working side by side with Muslims and understand they are not the enemy. 

It would hurt morale more to refuse to promote someone due to them not being the "right religion". 

Agreed. I doubt that many of the soldiers who worship will never even know who is at the top of the hill in that division.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

This topic was about who ran the chaplains from division headquarters.

The topic was a Muslim Lt. Col who is now the chaplain over an Army division.

And as a former chaplain's assistant I know that the other chaplains in his division are assigned at the brigade level under his divisional HQ.

28 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

And as a former chaplain's assistant I know that the other chaplains in his division are assigned at the brigade level under his divisional HQ.

What part of my post, you quoted was countered by your response to it?

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

A muslim chaplain cannot meet the spiritual needs of a Christian.  Muslim "chaplains"  need to deal with Muslims.   Christians need their own Christian chaplain, not some unregenerate hell bound Muslim.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/8/2017 at 9:50 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

There have been Muslim Chaplins in the military for decades, yet somehow the military has survived. 

On 3/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, HAZARD said:

No one is forced to call upon or even listen to anything a Muslim pastor has to say.

16 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

15 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Agreed. I doubt that many of the soldiers who worship will never even know who is at the top of the hill in that division.

12 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

11 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

What part of my post, you quoted was countered by your response to it?

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

A Muslim chaplain cannot meet the spiritual needs of a Christian.  Muslim "chaplains"  need to deal with Muslims.   Christians need their own Christian chaplain, not some unregenerate hell bound Muslim.

:mgdetective:

With Every Allahu Akbar (My God Is Greatest)

but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:33 (English Standard Version)

The U.S. Navy chaplain who was removed from the military for disobeying a “lawful” order banning prayer “in Jesus’ name” has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene and overturn a decade of rulings in his case.

The petition for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court was filed by attorney John B. Wells on behalf of Gordon J. Klingenschmitt.

His case was filed back in 2011, after his removal from the military over the issue of praying “in Jesus’ name” sparked years of battles....

It’s been 10 years since the Navy punished me as a chaplain, for quoting ‘exclusive’ Bible verses in chapel during optional Christian worship, for praying ‘in Jesus’ name’ in uniform outside of chapel, for ‘worshiping in public’ which a Navy judge ruled illegal, and for blowing the whistle by writing to my congressman and the president,” Klingenschmitt told WND....

“No judge in my case, civilian or military, has ever once defended the Constitution as they and I swore an oath to do. I pray the Supreme Court of the United States will be the first to hear my case, and grant or petition for writ of certiorari, and finally rule the First Amendment protects military chaplains’ rights to pray and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ....

His complaint explains that as early as 1998 he saw a memo from the former chief of Navy chaplains condemning those who prayed publicly “in Jesus’ name” as incompetent. Then in 2004, the commanding officer of the USS Anzio punished him for quoting “exclusive” Bible verses that state Jesus is the only way to God.

The next year, he was given a “downgraded” fitness report based on his religious beliefs, and the same year the commanding officer told the Navy not to renew his contract.

Eventually he faced a court-martial over the issue of praying in Jesus name in his uniform in public. http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/chaplain-booted-over-praying-in-jesus-name-goes-to-supremes/

His Rule Will Show What Harm Evil Can Do....

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 (New International Version)

Modder told me he was devastated by the accusations. He believes charges have been trumped up.

Modder is a highly decorated, 19-year veteran of the military. Prior to becoming a Navy chaplain, he served in the Marine Corps.  His assignments included tours with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit and Naval Special Warfare Command – where he served as the Force Chaplain of the Navy SEALs.

His record is brimming with accolades and endorsements – including from Capt. Fahs.

In Modder’s most recent review, Fahs declared that the chaplain was “the best of the best,” and a “consummate professional leader” worthy of an early promotion.

So how did Chaplain Modder go from being the “best of the best” to being unfit for service in the U.S. military in a span of five months?

The Navy did not return my calls seeking comment – so all we can do is rely on their written accusations and evidence.

Michael Berry, a military veteran and attorney with Liberty Institute a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases is representing Modder. He accused the military of committing a gross injustice against the chaplain in a letter to the Navy. He told me they will respond forcefully and resolutely to the allegations – which they categorically deny.

“We are starting to see cases where chaplains have targets on their backs,” Berry said. “They have to ask themselves, ‘Do I stay true to my faith or do I keep my job?’”

He said Modder is being punished because of his Christian faith.

“They want chaplains to be glorified summer camp counselors and not speak truth and love into people’s lives,” Berry told me. “There are some anti-religious elements in our military. Anytime somebody wants to live their faith out – there are people who say that is offensive.”

Modder told me he was devastated by the accusations. He believes charges have been trumped up.

“The military now wants a 2.0 chaplain instead of a legacy chaplain,” Modder said. “They want a chaplain to accommodate policy that contradicts Scripture.”

Modder’s troubles started on Dec. 6 when an assistant in his office showed up to work with a pair of Equal Opportunity representatives and a five-page complaint documenting grievances against the chaplain.

The lieutenant junior grade officer went on to detail concerns about Moody’s views on “same-sex relationships/marriages, homosexuality, different standards of respect for men and women, pre-marital sex and masturbation.”

Modder said the young officer had only been working with him for about a month and would constantly pepper him with questions pertaining to homosexuality. He had no idea that the officer was in fact gay – and married to another man.

“His five page letter of complaint was unconscionable,” Modder said. “He said I had a behavioral pattern of being anti-discriminatory of same sex orientation.”

The chaplain was not even given a chance to defend himself. He was immediately removed from duties and told to clean out his office.. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/03/09/former-seals-chaplain-could-be-kicked-out-navy-for-christian-beliefs.html

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament