IGNORED

story of Job, a few things that never sat right with me.

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe Satan went to God with the wrong wager? Maybe he should of said if a man is giving everything will they then need to praise or pray to God? This is probably why God ALLOWS bad to happen to good people, not sinless, but good people. If they are not faced with anything it would be easier to forget him.

Please remember I said these are things that don't sit well with me. I am not insisting any of it is right or wrong. 

I was in fact asking in hopes God would answer. He has through you all giving me different perspectives. I appreciate you all for your interpretations and explanations.

I'm just trying to understand why would a loving God ALLOW torment of good or even innocent, in the case of Jesus, to prove to Satan or anyone else that he is Great and works for HIS greater good. This is why I say it seems rather selfish.

Once again I'm not attacking God, just trying to understand him better. Can't get to know him if I ask him no questions.

God ALLOW Satan to attack us, Why?

Edited by notsolostsoul
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Maybe Satan went to God with the wrong wager? Maybe he should of said if a man is giving everything will they then need to praise or pray to God? This is probably why God ALLOWS bad to happen to good people, not sinless, but good people. If they are not faced with anything it would be easier to forget him.

Please remember I said these are things that don't sit well with me. I am not insisting any of it is right or wrong. 

I was in fact asking in hopes God would answer. He has through you all giving me different perspectives. I appreciate you all for your interpretations and explanations.

I'm just trying to understand why would a loving God ALLOW torment of good or even innocent, in the case of Jesus, to prove to Satan or anyone else that he is Great and works for HIS greater good. This is why I say it seems rather selfish.

Once again I'm not attacking God, just trying to understand him better. Can't get to know him if I ask him no questions.

Have you ever notice how much we can learn through trials and tribulations?  I know that during these times is when I grow the most in Him.  He is always drawing us closer to Him, no matter how.  I would rather question why am I so think headed that it takes these trials and tribulations for me to grow closer to Him!  I believe it is not about God, but about me personally.

I totally understand that some of the most precious lessons are learned through pain. I have been fortunate enough to learn some tough ones. I also realize that my way of thinking or being may have hindered my growth and time to learn.

However, in this story of Job, here was a man living rightly, not perfect but rightly, and because Satan wanted to test, boast, or attempt to prove God and man would fail he made a wager, and God accepted. 

Then poor Job had to endure, lost, confusion, doubt and we can only image what other afflictions, yes brought on by Satan, but ALLOWED by God. 

So I get that Parents at times use tough love or allow for kids to go scrape up a few knees, but in this particular story, Job was not being a purposely disobedient child. According to God he was doing pretty well. So why would this loving God inflict or unleash Satan upon him. Was it for God to prove himself right?

Guess I just sympathize with Job!

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

11 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I would just circle back on my earlier post and remind you that none of us are good. In reality, all of us deserve just one thing; condemnation and hellfire. That's what would be truly just, for all of us. There's no amount of evil that could happen to any of us that could rightly be said to be undeserved. God is under no obligation to protect us from anything. He was under no obligation to give Job the money, status, family, etc. that he had in the first place, but he did, despite Job being a sinner like everyone else. Then he allowed it to be taken away, and Job kind of whined about it, asking what he'd done to deserve God's wrath. In the end, God actually came and personally spoke with Job, instead of condemning him for whining and doubting. Job repented...and then God blessed him again, even more richly than before.

I would say the book of Job displays God's undeserved love and forgiveness even more than His wrath.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings notsolostsoul

I totally understand that some of the most precious lessons are learned through pain. I have been fortunate enough to learn some tough ones. I also realize that my way of thinking or being may have hindered my growth and time to learn.

However, in this story of Job, here was a man living rightly, not perfect but rightly, and because Satan wanted to test, boast, or attempt to prove God and man would fail he made a wager, and God accepted. 

Then poor Job had to endure, lost, confusion, doubt and we can only image what other afflictions, yes brought on by Satan, but ALLOWED by God. 

So I get that Parents at times use tough love or allow for kids to go scrape up a few knees, but in this particular story, Job was not being a purposely disobedient child. According to God he was doing pretty well. So why would this loving God inflict or unleash Satan upon him. Was it for God to prove himself right?

I like the way you have really considered this,I get the notion you are Receiving more & more as we go....Praise Jesus! I think we can all sympathize with Job as we can all see a little bit of our own experiences & relate to some of what Job had to endure ,,,& yes indeed ,God did ALLOW it all ,,,,but "Why" is the question and I'm not sure that any of us can really know Gods Reason as His Ways are so much Higher than ours,we can speculate,some of us will agree ,others will not......

All of my life I've struggled with "patience",I do everything quickly,thoroughly & desire instant results.......I can't tell you how many times I've been told to read the Book of Job & RECEIVE "Patience"..learn "Patience"   Well,honestly,I don't see any patience on Jobs part but I do see a whole lot of murmuring,grumbling,whining & complaining...I don't believe Job learned anything about "patience",don't see that the lesson is "patience" or the trial?  Like you I see Job,lost,confused,having doubt and as I said,,,a whole lot of complaining.......I believe Job learned TRUST and to understand that its not about what you"do" or "dont do" to earn Blessings or to deserve punishment,,,,,,I think He gained the Wisdom & Understanding of the Promise of the Seed to come(Messiah,Jesus,Savior,God the Son)  Anyway,I'm going off from my train of thought,lol

I wanted to say that I don't believe God was proving Himself right.....He did know that Job would Praise Him in all things and remain reverent

And he said, 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return; the Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.'"

verse 21

I believe God Allowed all these things to happen so that Job could be His Living Testimony.......I'm not so sure the lesson was as much for Job as it was for his 3 friends,his wife & generations to come                                                 With love-inChrist,Kwik

16 hours ago, BK1110 said:

I would just circle back on my earlier post and remind you that none of us are good. In reality, all of us deserve just one thing; condemnation and hellfire.

I would hope that our loving Father did not create us to just condemn us or place us in hellfire. (Catholic Flashback, wipes sweat off forehead) Then what is the point in giving lfe? Rethorial question.

Maybe the Story of Job is just that, a STORY. One to teach us to trust in God, to not think we know God from what we are taught alone (error from both Job and his friends), but to stand by him and let him teach and show us his reasonings and purpose.

Maybe it's not meant to get too deep. To overthink.

Thank you Kwikphilly for the reminder and clarification.

Thank you All for your incite and messages. I appreciate all of it.

I appreciate you All.

God Bless Us All!!!!

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I though "Job" was just a story like the parables of Jesus.

Like the Creation account.

A story for the people of the time when science wasn't even a word.

Everything in the Bible is worthwhile.

Sadly some people believe that the earth and heavens were created in six

literal 24 hour days.

Recall that "spare the rod and spoil the child" does NOT mean to hit

children.

(for the lov'a Pete!)

23rd Psalm" "thy rod and staff they comfort me"

Rod and staff has always meant God's word and direction.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

No, He didn't create us to condemn us. He created us to worship Him, glorify Him, do His will, and have fellowship with Him. But once we spit on that and choose sin instead, as we all do, then we deserve only condemnation.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/13/2017 at 3:15 PM, notsolostsoul said:

:thumbsup:

Me Too

Then Job answered the LORD,

"I know that you can do everything and that your plans are unstoppable.

"You said, 'Who is this that belittles my advice without having any knowledge about it?' Yes, I have stated things I didn't understand, things too mysterious for me to know.

"You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak. I will ask you, and you will teach me.'

I had heard about you with my own ears, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.

That is why I take back what I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show that I am sorry." Job 42:1-6

:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think Life on earth is a trial to see if we glorify and thank God,follow through all till death.  1 COR 15:25 But God said he won't tempt us above that we are able. So JOB was strong. My opinion

• Thumbs Up 1