IGNORED

story of Job, a few things that never sat right with me.

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

5 hours ago, Theophilus said:

I think Life on earth is a trial to see if we glorify and thank God,follow through all till death.  1 COR 15:25 But God said he won't tempt us above that we are able. So JOB was strong. My opinion

:thumbsup:

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Forgot I used rm 1:21 as reference for glorify and thank also mt 24:13 till the end. While I know faith is of the upmost importance, soul saving, I don't think we should be willingly, knowledgefully sinful either, JM 4:17, LK 12:48, HEB 10:26, 

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/13/2017 at 3:15 PM, notsolostsoul said:

However, in this story of Job, here was a man living rightly, not perfect but rightly,

Why do you say not perfect ?   Where did that idea come from ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 8:25 PM, simplejeff said:

Why do you say not perfect ?   Where did that idea come from ?

It was a bit of being lost in translation and lack of growth.

Some verses use "blameless and upright" and also I was thinking along the lines of when Jesus says

Mark 10:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God.

However, since then, after re-reading (continuously re-reading), I can understand that if God saw Job as perfect, it is because Job was perfect to God's definition, not Man's.

I find when I re-read more is revealed, more adds up and more is understandable. I still question, but that is because I seek the Truth in full.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 3/9/2017 at 2:08 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God mess up the life of a good man he himself favored

Job himself answered why trouble came upon him. That which I fear most have come upon me. What does God say about fear and serving Him? Job feared losing all which God had blessed him with rather than trusting God.

Edited by 7thseal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/9/2017 at 9:27 AM, 1to3 said:

Job is a story with a lesson behind it.

Its about keeping Faith= faithfulness in God no matter what

I do believe the story of Job its about never loosing our faith=faithfulness in God and His word, no matter what happens, no matter what our friend or fiends say,  and  no matter what happens, to just keep our eyes and hearts focused on God and trusting in Him no matter what happens.

Where Jobs children good and faithful to God like Job was?

The fact that Job lost his children, it does not say that that the children were good like Job was good, the children were partying and drinking wine, when they died.  It is quite factual that we reap what we sow, and when we live a life that is worldly, we also get worldly results. If our parents are good and faithful to the Lord, it does not give the children license to live like the world does and not have any repercussions to them and be protected just because their parents are good and they are not.

Remaining faithful to God, whether in good or bad circumstances is what I take from the Story of Job. And because of Jobs continuous faithfulness even in the hardest times of his life, God helped him overcome and blessed him for his faithfulness.

Hi 1to3,

I agree with everything you said, with one 'possible' exception. 

God doubled "everything " Job had, but the Arithmetic doesn't add up for Job's children. The Lord only gave Job back what he had lost. Unless, the five children Job lost were in Heaven waiting on Job, then it was doubled. What ya think?  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

God doubled "everything " Job had, but the Arithmetic doesn't add up for Job's children. The Lord only gave Job back what he had lost. Unless, the five children Job lost were in Heaven waiting on Job, then it was doubled. What ya think?  

Hi Dennis, IDK about Jobs children if they where saved or not, if they were, yes they are with the Lord, if they were not saved, unfortunately it is what it is. But God is fair and I don't doubt Gods decisions.

"Remaining faithful to God, whether in good or bad circumstances is what I take from the Story of Job. And because of Jobs continuous faithfulness even in the hardest times of his life, God helped him overcome and blessed him for his faithfulness." -from my original post-.

God bless;

1to3

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

God asked Job where was he when God created the universe. Job did not seem to have an answer for that.....or any of the other questions God put to him.Who was Job to question God? God never did really reveal to Job that he was in the middle of a battle between God and Satan.He essentially told Job it was none of his business.Its not the explanation we want to hear, but God can do what He wants whenever And wherever He so desires.He does not answer to man and we are too ignorant to try to be God’s critic.So why do bad things happen to supposedly “ good “ people?  It’s none of our busines—- not in this lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

This was quite good. I would only have said God was having a wager with satan, not a battle. There never will be a 'battle' as God would annhilate satan with just one Word.

Thanks for the compliment and for the correction. Satan’s future is pretty bleak—-“ annhilation “ would be a blessing for him!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/9/2017 at 2:08 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God mess up the life of a good man he himself favored, all for a bet? Why does God believe that replacing in abundance what was lost fulfills the actual lost? In particular, how does he figure replacing the lost kids with new kids is better? Does God truly care so little for man that he allows him to be ruined and broken and then just be like oh well here, here are some new ones, all is well again. How is this loving, kind, just or righteous? It seems more selfish and cruel. It was all for a bet. Can anyone explain?

This is a great thread. I believe everybody has covered the reasons in the life and woes of Job. And God's instructions.  The thread ran so smoothly, and I found so many golden nuggets, I wanted to contribute a different perspective. So.  Every born again (in the spirit) believer has chosen of their own free will (unless you are of a different persuasion, and were drafted) to cry out to God, and enroll in the Army of Christ. For eternity!  We are now, in boot camp, subject to the "rules and conditions" set by our Lord, Our commanding officer.  But, as soldiers for Christ, we have to learn about the enemy, the world, flesh, and the devil. A spiritual battle for spiritual soldiers. We don't start off as Generals, but as buck privates. Our King is God, the King of Kings, and He uses the Holy Spirit for instruction.  The word, is our code of conduct, loins girt about with truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the gospel, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. This is heavy stuff. But only if we understand, we ARE IN A BATTLE, where people can get hurt badly, some die, by fire, beheading, hanging, crucifixion, etc. They gave it all, friends, family, everything, and their life.  Many fall, in snares and traps, knowing and not knowing the enemy. My tribulations are so tiny. But, if you encounter old veterans, like Job, you may not see scars, of past battles, as they may be hidden. It's not the ones who avoid battle that get hurt much, it's the ones closest to the battle who encounter the woes of war, like Job. The ones that are called upon by  the General. The enemy cares less about spiritual weak sisters, they're no threat. It's the man in the arena, the loyal veteran, of many battles with the enemy, giving his all, the best he knows how, who also will be scrutinized by spectators. As will God also, and the decisions He makes, as Supreme Commander. But, being God, He knows what we can handle, and He is always right next to us, willing to make the calls. I have always considered Job as someone  to look up to, as I am so far below him. We ain't home yet, so I don't get too comfortable. And the enemy is a roaring lion. This too will pass.

The special forces, Marines, have a motto:Spiritus Invictus,” which means unconquerable spirit. I believe Job had this..........

• Thumbs Up 1