Jump to content
notsolostsoul

story of Job, a few things that never sat right with me.

Recommended Posts

God asked Job where was he when God created the universe. Job did not seem to have an answer for that.....or any of the other questions God put to him.Who was Job to question God? God never did really reveal to Job that he was in the middle of a battle between God and Satan.He essentially told Job it was none of his business.Its not the explanation we want to hear, but God can do what He wants whenever And wherever He so desires.He does not answer to man and we are too ignorant to try to be God’s critic.So why do bad things happen to supposedly “ good “ people?  It’s none of our busines—- not in this lifetime.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

God asked Job where was he when God created the universe. Job did not seem to have an answer for that.....or any of the other questions God put to him.Who was Job to question God? God never did really reveal to Job that he was in the middle of a battle between God and Satan.He essentially told Job it was none of his business.Its not the explanation we want to hear, but God can do what He wants whenever And wherever He so desires.He does not answer to man and we are too ignorant to try to be God’s critic.So why do bad things happen to supposedly “ good “ people?  It’s none of our busines—- not in this lifetime.

This was quite good. I would only have said God was having a wager with satan, not a battle. There never will be a 'battle' as God would annhilate satan with just one Word.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yowm said:

This was quite good. I would only have said God was having a wager with satan, not a battle. There never will be a 'battle' as God would annhilate satan with just one Word.

 

Thanks for the compliment and for the correction. Satan’s future is pretty bleak—-“ annhilation “ would be a blessing for him!

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 2:08 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God mess up the life of a good man he himself favored, all for a bet? Why does God believe that replacing in abundance what was lost fulfills the actual lost? In particular, how does he figure replacing the lost kids with new kids is better? Does God truly care so little for man that he allows him to be ruined and broken and then just be like oh well here, here are some new ones, all is well again. How is this loving, kind, just or righteous? It seems more selfish and cruel. It was all for a bet. Can anyone explain?

This is a great thread. I believe everybody has covered the reasons in the life and woes of Job. And God's instructions.  The thread ran so smoothly, and I found so many golden nuggets, I wanted to contribute a different perspective. So.  Every born again (in the spirit) believer has chosen of their own free will (unless you are of a different persuasion, and were drafted) to cry out to God, and enroll in the Army of Christ. For eternity!  We are now, in boot camp, subject to the "rules and conditions" set by our Lord, Our commanding officer.  But, as soldiers for Christ, we have to learn about the enemy, the world, flesh, and the devil. A spiritual battle for spiritual soldiers. We don't start off as Generals, but as buck privates. Our King is God, the King of Kings, and He uses the Holy Spirit for instruction.  The word, is our code of conduct, loins girt about with truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the gospel, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. This is heavy stuff. But only if we understand, we ARE IN A BATTLE, where people can get hurt badly, some die, by fire, beheading, hanging, crucifixion, etc. They gave it all, friends, family, everything, and their life.  Many fall, in snares and traps, knowing and not knowing the enemy. My tribulations are so tiny. But, if you encounter old veterans, like Job, you may not see scars, of past battles, as they may be hidden. It's not the ones who avoid battle that get hurt much, it's the ones closest to the battle who encounter the woes of war, like Job. The ones that are called upon by  the General. The enemy cares less about spiritual weak sisters, they're no threat. It's the man in the arena, the loyal veteran, of many battles with the enemy, giving his all, the best he knows how, who also will be scrutinized by spectators. As will God also, and the decisions He makes, as Supreme Commander. But, being God, He knows what we can handle, and He is always right next to us, willing to make the calls. I have always considered Job as someone  to look up to, as I am so far below him. We ain't home yet, so I don't get too comfortable. And the enemy is a roaring lion. This too will pass.

The special forces, Marines, have a motto:Spiritus Invictus,” which means unconquerable spirit. I believe Job had this..........

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 4:08 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God mess up the life of a good man he himself favored, all for a bet? Why does God believe that replacing in abundance what was lost fulfills the actual lost? In particular, how does he figure replacing the lost kids with new kids is better? Does God truly care so little for man that he allows him to be ruined and broken and then just be like oh well here, here are some new ones, all is well again. How is this loving, kind, just or righteous? It seems more selfish and cruel. It was all for a bet. Can anyone explain?

This was a test for Job. The scripture is very clear on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×