Is Christian maturity really matters?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Now a days, many confess that they followed Christ. But do they really aim for Christian maturity? Is there journey ends after salvation?or they just dont know where to go after salvation. 

It is sad to see people growing in years with the Lord but not with their maturity. Dont get me wrong when I say Christian maturity is not important to them but are they really working out their salvation or they need help to guide them and lead them?

Edited by Restored_One
Removed link to ebook.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

One plants, another waters, but God gives the growth.  As long as a person produces fruit of some kind, it is pretty much God's problem.  We can urge them to read their bibles and pray daily, and to attend church regularly, and we can pray for them and that is about all.  We could form a small group bible study and invite them.  Many people do a lot of growing in this environment.  But it still comes down that this is the work of the Holy Spirit.  

We always say, it is our job to catch the fish but it is God's job to clean them.  And as long as they are connected to the vine, Christ will produce fruit in them.  I worry about the ones that find God's word being choked out by the world, the flesh and the devil.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Here is an example of Christian maturity in a nut shell:

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you." (Philippians 3:8-9, 15, Holy Bible).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Here is an example of Christian maturity in a nut shell:

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you." (Philippians 3:8-9, 15, Holy Bible).

So agree there Fidei Defensor,

Often people look to certain outward things that they judge is maturity - how many meetings, etc whereas God is concerned with the heart and dealing with our attitudes in relationships. Eileenhat spoke on something similar.

My personal thoughts are that I believe the Head, the Lord Jesus Christ is maturing His Body till it is ready to go with Him. He is quite able to take away all things that hinder our growth until we rely on Him alone. This is in stark contrast to most sermons in man`s organisations, which say the God has great plans for you, meaning success, money, promotion etc.

Nothing, but nothing is compared to being made like unto Christ - ` If I gained the world but not the saviour...` The start of a song.

regards, Marilyn.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So agree there Fidei Defensor,

Often people look to certain outward things that they judge is maturity - how many meetings, etc whereas God is concerned with the heart and dealing with our attitudes in relationships. Eileenhat spoke on something similar.

My personal thoughts are that I believe the Head, the Lord Jesus Christ is maturing His Body till it is ready to go with Him. He is quite able to take away all things that hinder our growth until we rely on Him alone. This is in stark contrast to most sermons in man`s organisations, which say the God has great plans for you, meaning success, money, promotion etc.

Nothing, but nothing is compared to being made like unto Christ - ` If I gained the world but not the saviour...` The start of a song.

regards, Marilyn.  

Indeed, the Church needs to exit the Prosperity gospel and doctrine (which is another gospel, which is mentioned in Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4), and enter into Christ's Passion (His love and passionate desire to be with Him, like Him, and only want Him, and the suffering all of us are promised, both).