why christian men dont date christiabn women

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

A site posted this article- basically asking why some christian men are looking outside of the church for wives citing some  well known church leaders and pastors who have married evidently unsaved actresses and r and B singers.

Here are some nuggets given by the men who were interviewed.

What do you think?

Unvalued

Men say they need to feel valued and needed. They claim Christian women do a poor job of making a man feel that way. Christian women act as if they have a chip on their shoulder and don’t need or want a man because they have Jesus. So the men go where they are wanted and needed.

Your Pastor, Deacon and Church Family

There should only be one man in your relationship and that is the man you are dating—not your pastor’s opinions, statements or sermons. These men say they don’t want to hear what the pastor had to say. When Christian women constantly state “Pastor said this and Pastor said that…”It turns a man off. He wants to be the only one that you admire and quote, not your pastor. (Plus, he’s uncomfortable that another man has so much sway over you.)

Too Busy

They think the most traditional church girls are not available because they are in the church 24/7. It’s hard to date a woman who isn’t available

No Other Exposure

They say some Christian women have a limited point of reference because all they know is the church. They say most lack balance. For example, they can quote the Bible but can’t discuss the latest topics affecting the culture. Their life experiences are limited, they aren’t well travelled, some lack cultural exposure and many are clueless to world events.

Too Sanctimonious

There is only one God, and these men say they don’t want or need the woman in their life playing the role of God. We all mature and grow spiritually at a different pace. They say, just because a man isn’t growing at the same rate or slower doesn’t mean he isn’t growing. Though it’s nice to want better for your man, these men think God doesn’t need a woman badgering or judging him regarding his spiritual maturity. If God is okay with the rate of his spiritual growth, why aren’t you?

Not Submissive

Ironically, while Christian women should be more apt to submit to a man because of scripture (Ephesians 5:25; Ephesians 5:33), men see the opposite from women in the dating stage. Although these scriptures reference the actions of a wife and not a date; some men find it hard to find a woman who is ready to embrace the role of submission during the dating process. Based on her behavior they doubt if she is willing to submit in marriage. Others think some Christian women keep their guard up to protect themselves from the wolf in sheep’s clothing, and that wall of protection often comes across as combative in the dating stage

Two-Faced

They believe some Christian women are fake and phony. They act as if they have everything together, but in actuality, they don’t. They think at least women outside of the church are honest about their issues. And those women don’t have a problem letting you know they aren’t perfect. Christian men like and appreciate this honesty because it allows them to know who and what they are dealing with.

Always Preaching—Not Listening

Everyone is guilty of this behavior but, these men think Christian women are the worse. When a man is sharing with a woman, he wants to be heard. He doesn’t need or want the Biblical solution all the time. He doesn’t want to always hear how someone else prayed away the problem. He just wants you to LISTEN

Can’t Date Jesus

A lot of Christian women’s have lofty, unrealistic expectations of men. If the man isn’t perfect like Jesus, then he needs to be like the pastor. In the minds of these men, they think many women are either trying to gain the attention of the pastor, marry the pastor or date his clone. They think Christian women need to allow a man the ability to be himself, make mistakes and be human.

Honestly... I think I shouldve put it in the humour section- what kind of " Christian" men did they interview

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

https://blackandmarriedwithkids.com/2016/11/single-christian-men-reveal-their-12-reasons-why-they-dont-date-or-marry-christian-women-part-2/2/

I just read the entire article and the comments and all I can say is ....

...  I just rolled my eyes so far in the back of head that I saw my brain!

Sorry, but a Christian man who won't date or marry a Christian woman because he

1. doesn't want her paying attention to the pastor
  2. believes she puts Jesus above him
  3. thinks her church work is not right
  4. won't "submit" while they are dating
  5. believes Christian  women to be stupid and doesn't know anything but the Bible
  6. doesn't want her to want him to grow spiritually - "If God is satisfied with his spiritual status - why can't she be"
  7. doesn't believes she is in "his league" and hasn't experienced the "rich and famous" lifestyle
  8. doesn't think Christian women flirt enough to accept their sexuality
  9. thinks Christian women are two-faced
  10. believes Christian women are not the "prize" they think they are.
  11. believes Christian women always want to go to the Bible and prayer for problems and won't listen and allow him to make mistakes
  12. believes Christian women want to marry "Jesus" and expect men to be perfect

....well, that is a shallow man indeed!!

Sure - go ahead and marry a pagan woman!

This had to be a joke.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Sure - go ahead and marry a pagan woman!

lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Reads like a lot of contrived hooey to me! 

Date? Maybe date is not the right goal anyway, maybe marriage is instead.

Now  I suspect women at church groups know that men  cruise through their  flock eyeballing for easy prey, but not seeking marriage relationships. And so  the women do have to  protect themselves, each other, and  so does the church body at large.

I find it to be  a bunch of hooey that men don't find Christian women to marry. This geezer upon deciding  he was past grief, was led  by God to see a cyber entity on a Christian message board  as being a Christian woman of similar interests. Prior to that she was just another  cyber entity.

God rapidly led us to each other, and we finally  typed at about the same time- Are you the one?  We arranged to meet at a neutral open location, The River Walk at San Antonio, and it was rapid romance from there to  our marriage.  We hit it off, I enjoyed the Alamo, which was interesting, she cried, always does at the Alamo. And then God gave me a sign, she had a pick up truck. Wow, a Texas woman plus a pick up truck.  What a deal! ( Now that is a little humor the two of us share with each other so don't get  too upset at me please.)

Anyway I work at a church that has one wedding after another of couples that met at church or even grew up together having attended the Christian School here and then gone off to  various Christian colleges, then back home to marry. They then  have children  or adopt them and raise them  here,  enrolling them in the same school they attended so  many years before. It is a repeating cycle, happens over and over and over here. And have we ever had a baby boom, plus an adoption binge. There are so many couples adopting that a formal aid  program has been established to help the various families  both with procedures and with finances, plus the heart breaks that occur in the process.

So, I don't see the idea that men don't find Christian women to marry. They may not find them to use as dates, but they sure marry  them here! And fortunately so do the women marry the men of the church and school.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Here are some nuggets given by the men who were interviewed.

What do you think?

There could be some truth in all of this.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

At the end of the day, the oxen has to have another ox and not a horse or mule to plough the field in harmony.   It is a know fact, unequaled yoked, i think it is called.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

check the second reply

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

29 minutes ago, Davida said:

Do you have the website this is stated?

Here it is davida

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

I've never dated a Christian man but being a Christian woman, I wouldn't even consider a non-Christian.

If the OP is true, I might just remain single!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

19 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Honestly... I think I should've put it in the humour section....
what kind of " Christian" men did they interview....

:thumbsup:

Sometimes I've Seen The Young Christian Couples
Have To Temporary Leave Their Church
To Date And To Bond Together
Because The Church Elders
Will Drive The Males
Away From The
Girls

and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you, 1 Thessalonians 4:11 (New American Standard Bible)

Sometimes....

:emot-heartbeat: