• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Walls great walls great beautiful walls, are they biblical, a pope says no, but lives behind a walled city state with his own banking system and worldwide network of colonization.

A great nation built on a constitution that specifically  prohits walls between states of it's united states and bans tarrifs between them  wants a great wall much like a walled city of Biblical times, or perhaps even  China, a wall of defense against the sojourner that may mean to harm it's occupants.  Great city walls had gates, and even low gates designed for the purpose of slowing any night entry down to a safe defendable rate at night. No one entered a city without being checked out by it's inhabitant's guard.

So what of today?  In a cyber world do we need physical walls and gates, or can we make entry  a difficult barrier to overcome, simply through cyber technology and the ability to observe individuals?

Robert Frost had his own interesting take on walls too: He didn't seem  to see their need, didn't like them much; but told of repairing them none the less for reason- His neighbor. He and his neighbor worked together and his neighbor said and believed, "Good fences make good neighbors."

see http://writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/frost-mending.html

Personally I think the answer is in the ability to track whereabouts and  not in the ability to wall tall. That and very severe enforcement of law. Is there  the will to track ? So far, no there is not, for there is so much fear of the components that seem to be of the Anti-christ and his soon coming too.  In our just fear of being overrun we want to build the old wall, the wall of forts, and the ditches of Marginal Lines. All having been defeated in the past, why do we want to build yet again a wall, even a great wall, a great beautiful wall?

What we might really need is local juries and even gallows, all of the serious undertaking of punishment for law breakers in full sight of communities inhabitants, and chain gangs of prisoners doing hard and harsh work too. Penalties, not walls, are the  only successful barriers that mankind can make work, whether fair or not, whether pleasant or not, very local law enforcement and severe penalties for law breaking is the safest way to be safe from marauders as well as sneaks. Is there the will to do that? Likely no not yet.

Or, we can be the stone lifters making the walls to keep us in and "them" out. We will then have a great and beautiful wall, plus thousands of miles of ocean shore, a futal effort doomed from the get go.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

there will be a wall between heaven and hell,be setted by GOD

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Luke
Chapter 16:26

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence

On 3/10/2017 at 9:16 AM, silviawang said:

Luke
Chapter 16:26

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence

Hi,

"and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there."

Somehow I think our president is not out to build a great wall of Jasper measuring 144 cubits with gates that never close by day, and there being no nights at all.

We will have to be responsible for  this "great" wall. I hope if it gets built that it is worthy of being a grand tourist attraction, for that  will be it's only possible benefit.

It is way too late to wall out  the sojourners. We might better regulate them, prevent the flow of money back to their homelands, and put out a welcome mat of opportunity to become American.

Every time I fly over this country and see all the empty wasteland I wonder why not another Oklahoma Land Rush program, to let strong people  from everywhere and anywhere come, build it up and benefit from their efforts?

We, the Americans of the USA are to be a different people, and we have been  to date. We are of the stock  that Frost spoke of when he started his commentary on walls with "Something there is that doesn't love a wall,"... He shares that nature, man, and critters, all conspire against walls tearing them down, yet  it is  a ritual to build them up again, the process  of joined labor making for good neighbors; "Good fences make good neighbors."

The wall builders believe that  and they ask the neighbor to join in building the wall again and again even as it fails again and again. All the while not  a pine moves into the apple orchard not apple tree into the pine woods. The fence does nothing  to contain that which does not move, and again nothing to contain that which does move. Walls fail, always have.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

old saying= strong fences make good neighbors

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

We, the Americans of the USA are to be a different people, and we have been  to date. We are of the stock  that Frost spoke of when he started his commentary on walls with "Something there is that doesn't love a wall,"... He shares that nature, man, and critters, all conspire against walls tearing them down, yet  it is  a ritual to build them up again, the process  of joined labor making for good neighbors; "Good fences make good neighbors."

The wall builders believe that  and they ask the neighbor to join in building the wall again and again even as it fails again and again. All the while not  a pine moves into the apple orchard not apple tree into the pine woods. The fence does nothing  to contain that which does not move, and again nothing to contain that which does move. Walls fail, always have.

Simple wall to enforce laws.  Should we tear down prison walls too?   I kinda like having walls for my house.  

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

13 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Simple wall to enforce laws.  Should we tear down prison walls too?   I kinda like having walls for my house.  

You know, I find it odd that many who are against a physical wall have supported a mental one for years. It is a wall that doesn't allow free expression under the guise of protecting the feelings of those whom they assume they need to speak for. This wall is called Political Correctness.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

You know, I find it odd that people who are against a physical wall have supported a mental one for years. It is a wall that doesn't allow free expression under the guise of protecting the feelings of those whom they assume they need to speak for. This wall is called Political Correctness.

Absolutely! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I think it is time to rebuild our immigration policies so it does not take forever to enter the US legally.   Not saying to limit the vetting, but there has to be a better process.