MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Apparently our nuclear arsenal has had a major upgrade and I think it's a good thing.  Peace through strength, after all.  Btw, this upgrade would have had to start eight to ten years ago so, no, Trump didn't jump right into upping the ante.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-nukes-just-got-lot-212818509.html

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

During the so-called 'cold war', it was said that we had enough nuclear weaponry to destroy the Earth many times over.  Let that sink in for a moment . . .

And then ask yourself . . . why?

I understand the concept of defensive nuclear weapons.  And in the aforementioned cold-war, the much maligned MAD (mutually assured destruction) actually worked - i.e. there was NO nuclear war between the US and USSR (though we came close a couple of times).

But we supposedly won the cold-war, did we not?  And now our 'enemies' are radical islamists and terrorist organizations like ISIS - not other 'superpowers'.  The kinds of enemies that will be defeated - if they are to be - by infiltration and the work of small military special forces.

I see no scenario where nukes would be used against ISIS.

To me, this is a waste.

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

During the so-called 'cold war', it was said that we had enough nuclear weaponry to destroy the Earth many times over.  Let that sink in for a moment . . .

I understand the concept of defensive nuclear weapons.  And in the aforementioned cold-war, the much maligned MAD (mutually assured destruction) actually worked - i.e. there was NO nuclear war between the US and USSR (though we came close a couple of times).

But we supposedly won the cold-war, did we not?  And now our 'enemies' are radical islamists and terrorist organizations like ISIS - not other 'superpowers'.  The kinds of enemies that will be defeated - if they are to be - by infiltration and the work of small military special forces.

To me, this is a waste.

Blessings,

-Ed

Well, according to at least on person on this forum the problem is not ISIS but Islam and if we could get rid of all Muslims then we would be better off. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

Well, according to at least on person on this forum the problem is not ISIS but Islam and if we could get rid of all Muslims then we would be better off. 

Well, maybe that explains the nuclear upgrade,  then.

So when do you think we'll start nuclear bombing Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia . . .

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

So when do you think we'll start nuclear bombing Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia . . .

Blessings,

-Ed

Who knows, I am sure it will be any day now.  I just hope the fallout from when they nuke the Muslims living here does not reach where I live! 

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

To me, this is a waste.

Blessings,

-Ed

I doubt the upgrade came about because of ISIS; the Iranians, Chinese and Russians are still out there,Saved.  Such massive killpower is a good deterrant.  Although maybe not for Iran since they seem to be run by insane people.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

We won't; islam will be dealt with by a much more formidable force.  The planet would be a much safer neighborhood if EVERYTHING islamic was gone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I doubt the upgrade came about because of ISIS; the Iranians, Chinese and Russians are still out there,Saved.  Such massive killpower is a good deterrant.  Although maybe not for Iran since they seem to be run by insane people.

Most normal humans, the Soviets included, didn't really want to die - that's one reason the Mutual Assured Destruction during the Cold War worked so well. That and God's restraining grace that kept us from nuking ourselves to extinction. You're right about Iran, too. It's run by a death cult . . . and they want nukes. This is a really bad idea.

The Fukashima nuclear accident really should have reminded the world that using one or more nuclear warheads is a bad idea since we all share the same atmosphere. Everybody will get to share in the fallout from that, if it happens. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Who knows, I am sure it will be any day now.  I just hope the fallout from when they nuke the Muslims living here does not reach where I live! 

But it is ok if everyone else fries? :mellow:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

30 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Most normal humans, the Soviets included, didn't really want to die - that's one reason the Mutual Assured Destruction during the Cold War worked so well. That and God's restraining grace that kept us from nuking ourselves to extinction. You're right about Iran, too. It's run by a death cult . . . and they want nukes. This is a really bad idea.

The Fukashima nuclear accident really should have reminded the world that using one or more nuclear warheads is a bad idea since we all share the same atmosphere. Everybody will get to share in the fallout from that, if it happens. 

Fukushima is actually much worse than a nuclear weapons explosion.