• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

Pope open to studying ordination of married men as priests

Pope Francis says the church must study whether it's possible to ordain married men to minister in remote communities facing priest shortages.

In an interview published Thursday with Germany's Die Zeit, Francis stressed that removing the celibacy rule is not the answer to the Catholic Church's priest shortage. But he expressed an openness to studying whether so-called "viri probati" — or married men of proven faith — could be ordained.

"We must consider if viri probati is a possibility. Then we must determine what tasks they can perform, for example, in remote communities," he was quoted as saying.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-open-to-studying-ordination-of-married-men-as-priests/ar-AAo2ZBW?OCID=ansmsnnews11

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Since there is nothing to study, the Pope would be better off dealing with all the corruption within the existing priesthood of the Catholic Church.  Another attempt to deflect attention from the real issues.

1. The priesthood of the RCC is bogus, since all believers belong to a Royal Priesthood.

2. The Bible is crystal clear that pastor/elder/bishops are to be married men.

3. Women are excluded from preaching, teaching, or usurping authority within the local church.

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Since there is nothing to study, the Pope would be better off dealing with all the corruption within the existing priesthood of the Catholic Church.  Another attempt to deflect attention from the real issues.

1. The priesthood of the RCC is bogus, since all believers belong to a Royal Priesthood.

2. The Bible is crystal clear that pastor/elder/bishops are to be married men.

3. Women are excluded from preaching, teaching, or usurping authority within the local church.

Ezra we are not talking about women we're talking about men. Does the RCC allow women to preach,teach,ect ect I think not. So what's the point of adding the last point you made. There are plenty of threads meant to discuss that. This thread is not one of them.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Ezra we are not talking about women we're talking about men. Does the RCC allow women to preach,teach,ect ect I think not. So what's the point of adding the last point you made. There are plenty of threads meant to discuss that. This thread is not one of them.

Well, the Pope has also been approached on the matter of women becoming priests, and there is actually a group of female Catholic "priests" defying the RCC. http://arcwp.org/en/

Just now, Ezra said:

Well, the Pope has also been approached on the matter of women becoming priests, and there is actually a group of female Catholic "priests" defying the RCC. http://arcwp.org/en/

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about that I appreciate it. But I don't wish to turn this thread into another women's pastor thread. And I would greatly appreciate if you can help me out.

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

I wonder if we will not see some shocking changes in the RCC in the future. Francis seems like the Pope for the New Age & NWO.

IMO we will. The pope has already exposed himself several times. People just don't want to believe it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about that I appreciate it. But I don't wish to turn this thread into another women's pastor thread. And I would greatly appreciate if you can help me out.

Blessings worthy

May I ask what you had hoped this Thread would turn out to be?

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings worthy

May I ask what you had hoped this Thread would turn out to be?

I just wanted to know what people thought about the pope thinking about allowing married men to be ordained as priest.

I think that that's how it should have been from the beginning. But then again he is just open to diccusing it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings worthy

Hmmm,okay   I do have to agree with Brother Ezra,"Another attempt to deflect attention from the real issues. "I think the RCC has much bigger fish to fry rather than "being open"to discussing such a petty issue as this.....they may start with a discussion about calling priests "father" too & Ezra also mentioned " The priesthood of the RCC is bogus, since all believers belong to a Royal Priesthood. "

Matthew 23:9King James Version (KJV)

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

I really don't have an opinion nor would I lend much thought about what the pope is open to,we have much more important things to focus on imo     For Starters "JESUS",the harvest is plentiful,the laborers are few               

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

we have much more important things to focus on imo     For Starters "JESUS",the harvest is plentiful,the laborers are few               

I understand. Can you close or delete the thread?