BacKaran

Flat Earth From The Bible

Posted (edited)

When reading the Bible is imperative to understand why a word is being used and in what context.

I've read that people say the Hebrew for globe is chuwg. However, this article digs deeper into the hermanuetics of the meanings of circle, which is flat like a coin, its not like a globe.

What do you think?

Rationalresponses.blog is where I got the info.

Edited by BacKaran

21 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

When reading the Bible is imperative to understand why a word is being used and in what context.

I've read that people say the Hebrew for globe or she is church. However, this article digs deeper into the hermanuetics of the meanings of circle, which is flat like a fun, it a site like a globe.

What do you think?

http://rationalresponses.blogspot.com/2014/08/does-hebrew-word-chuwg-mean-flat-circle.html?m=1

lol.  Men think themselves wise in their own eyes!

Michael Hiser  has a long video explaining why the Bible sounds like a flat earth explanation.  It is either 2 or 3 part video.

Thanks so, I will check it out 😊

Posted (edited)

What if the earth were actually flat? Who'd know from a terrestrial perspective really? 
Richard Branson created a plane that can fly in the highest earth atmosphere. What a view you'd think when you need to jet cross country or the globe. But has it taken off yet? 

NASA controls every broadcast concerning space . What if the earth is flat? Or a disk as the ancient Sumerian's thought.Fascinating culture. They were located in today's Iran-Iraq region. Their creation myth mirrors ours. They invented roads, commerce, money, traderoutes, a senate like unto ours and government too. 

I think they even said earth's name was Tiamat. 

edited because I listed roads twice and government not once.

Edited by Jewels7

I do not adhere to the flat earth theory and this is why:

mp3speaker.pngflat earth Bible

Question: "Does the Bible teach that the earth is flat?"

Answer:
Many a skeptic claims that the Bible depicts a flat earth. Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” However, this passage makes reference to the cardinal directions as seen on a compass – i.e. north, south, east and west. Terminology to a similar effect is used today when we speak of the sun rising and setting each day, even though we know that it is, in fact, the earth which orbits around the sun.

Another passage often referred to is Psalm 75:3, which speaks of God holding the pillars firm. However, the psalms are written in the poetry genre. Rather than referring to literal pillars, this is representative of God’s guaranteeing the earth’s stability. Even when the moral order of the world seems to have crumbled, God will not fully withdraw His sustaining power.

In contrast to the supposed “flat earth” verses, there are numerous Scriptures that clearly indicate otherwise. The earth is described in Job 26:7 as being suspended over empty space, implying a spherical figure. This notion is further entertained in Isaiah 40:21-22, which refers to “the circle of the earth.” This is further supported by Proverbs 8:27 (NKJV), which speaks of God drawing a circle on the face of the deep. From a “bird’s-eye view” of the ocean, the horizon is seen as a circle. Such an observation indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins, describing the reality of day and night on a spherical earth.

The round-earth idea is further supported by Jesus in Luke 17:31,34: “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back...I tell you, in that night there will be two people in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.” This would seem to indicate the phenomenon of day on one side of the globe while darkness abides on the other.

In conclusion, the curvature of the earth is certainly a biblical concept, and there is little or no basis for the charge that the Bible teaches a flat earth. The Scriptures that seem to present a flat earth can all easily be explained when correctly interpreted and understood.

https://www.gotquestions.org/flat-earth-Bible.html

Here is something interesting to think about.

(Wikipedia, earth)

( Earth's gravity interacts with other objects in space, especially the Sun and the Moon, Earth's only natural satellite. During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its axis over 365 times; thus, an Earth year is about 365.26 days long. )

This concerns the global spherical earth.

Now here is info which concerns the flat earth.

(https://flatearthscienceandbible.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/top-ten-undeniable-flat-earth-proofs/)

( 1) The horizon always appears completely flat 360 degrees to the observer, regardless of how high you go up. Any curvature you think you see is from curved airplane windows or Go Pro cameras and fisheye lenses (which NASA loves to use). The reality is that the horizon never curves because we are on an endless plane. On a globe with 25,000 miles in circumference you would see a noticeable disappearance of objects the further they are as they would be leaning away from you and dropping below the constantly curving horizon! )

The flat earth shows forth a 360 degree observation, and on the flat earth map, it shows forth a 360 day calendar, and God's calendar is a 360 day calendar.

Yet the global sphere view promotes a 365 day calendar, which the Roman calendar is a 365 day calendar and promotes other gods.

So which view is truly God's view? One that promotes biblical ideals, or one that promotes unbiblical ideals?

Mm stated 

HowevetR this passage makes reference to the cardinal directions as seen on a compass – i.e. north, south,east and west.

correct, a compass is used on flat maps, I have one in my car, for submarines the sonar radar is flat, for air travel, the line on the dial is a flat line....

scientist need to come up with a compass for the globe so that the curvature is included and people don't travel or land in the wrong post of the curve.

The Bible says God forgives our sins as far as the east is from the West... This makes perfect sense on a flat Earth, not so much in a globe.

plus admiral Byrd says on film that there's alot of land left to explore...

the point of IF the earth is flat, why is NASAs lying to us? Why do they keep everyone from going to Antarctica and those who do go, there are no windows on the airplanes ... Interesting.

a guy named Capernicus had a theory that the earth was round... Not fact, just a theory 500 years ago. Before then, everyone believed the earth was flat.

I'm open to believe God made the earth flat, makes more sense than the globe model to me.

I wonder if I write NASA and ask them about the van Allen radiation belts if they'd even respond....Hmmm, maybe I will 😊

God did not make the earth flat.  We have seen evidence of this in more than one way.  Look at the sun, moon and stars.  Do they look flat to you?  Are we flat?  Is an apple flat?  Is a rock flat?  NASA is not lying to us either.  Satellites circle the globe all the time, taking pictures of the earth.   If there was enough earth to walk on, you could start going dead west at the equator and if you followed dead west, you would eventually end up where you started.

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

I think we'll find out when Christ returns but apples have nothing to with a flat Earth.

Did you know that the first man hired at NASA was from the Disney Corp? 

God said there's a firmament, a dome.... YouTube has videos of the USA trying to nuke the dome.

How come the new space rockets never went straight up, they rolled and turned because of the dome.

I think it's interesting and with all the deceit going on in this world, I could see how men would like to control the people so they don't explore too much and come up with ideas that may make them money. It's all about control and money.

One light stated

followed dead west, you would eventually end up where you started.

But why can't people follow straight from North pole to south and end up at the North Pole where they began, because they can't.

I'm going to check to see if anyone's claimed to go north to south to North again..... Like I said, I think it's interesting. 😊

It's been over 40 years since the so called Moon landing, why haven't they been more trips, is think they'd have a city up there by now ?

Interesting indeed.

Edited by BacKaran