BacKaran

Flat Earth From The Bible

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, other one said:

Somewhere I posted a picture that shows the curve of the earth.

Building 3001 at Tinker Air Force Base is so large that the construction had to take into consideration the curve of the earth.    I'd have to check out that building..... b if the earth was flat you would not need to be on a mountain to scope it out.

Most of us live in hilly country, that's why I said that. And visability needs to be okay along with having binoculars or something to pull the image in. Far distant mountains don't lean back but stand erect before us.

Pictures are interesting but people are visibly observing these things and only getting answers like "you would not need a mountain to scope it out", ya if there were no hills and people didn't live in valleys.

And your reply doesn't answer the question of why the buildings floors are in perspective if there is a curve. You see how answers deflect the actual question.

Edited by Zemke

You can't really tell anything on land for it may or may not lie with level with the curve of the earth.  You can experience that by driving front Kansas City to Denver. Seems flat but actually gains about 3500 feet.

I am in a building on the coast of Texas on the 8th floor looking across the Gulf of Mexico and I can't even see Mexico much less the supposed ice Wall of Antarctica. 

20170320_134200.jpg

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, other one said:

You can't really tell anything on land for it may or may not lie with level with the curve of the earth.  You can experience that by driving front Kansas City to Denver. Seems flat but actually gains about 3500 feet.

I am in a building on the coast of Texas on the 8th floor looking across the Gulf of Mexico and I can't even see Mexico much less the supposed ice Wall of Antarctica. 

20170320_134200.jpg

Of coarse you can't, the eye hasn't the ability to see along the lines of perspective the way we may think. But if you were to take a good video recorder or strong telescope or binoculars you would be amazed what you do pull into range. There's something about the eyes limited perception on a plain of perspective that seems to be interesting. Just looking down a street with electric poles, the distance between the poles about halves the distance to each pole to where you can't even see a difference between them even though we know the distance exists. It's a limited ability for the eye to perceive past a certain point of perspective. Same down a long hall way with doors at even intervals and ceiling lights.

It still doesn't answer the question of why are buildings at far distances still in perspective?

Edited by Zemke

Being a photographer who has both good cameras and expensive lenses and a six inch reflecting telescope that my camera hooks up to, I would as the TOS demands just respectfully disagree. You may resolve things smaller, but to not see something as large as a country spanning hundreds of miles is a different story.

I'm setting here on the Texas coast looking out over the Gulf from my 8th floor condo realising that I can see further from my balcony than I can at sea level on the beach by looking at how much water is visible beyond the oil platforms in the Gulf. There are things far away that I can not see on the beach.

You should try it some time.

Posted (edited)

Being a photographer who has both good cameras and expensive lenses and a six inch reflecting telescope that my camera hooks up to, I would as the TOS demands just respectfully disagree. You may resolve things smaller, but to not see something as large as a country spanning hundreds of miles is a different story.

That's fine, to me it makes no difference in a way if flat or round. But when I looked at these things objectively I found flat earthers have questions that mostly get ridicule or side stepped for other perspective argument. What doesn't seem to be a popular answer is a simple "I don't know why buildings stay in perspective at far distances and don't lean away." I'm sure there is an answer but I don't know why, that's why flat earthers will answer with, "because the earth just might be flat maybe?"

I'm setting here on the Texas coast looking out over the Gulf from my 8th floor condo realising that I can see further from my balcony than I can at sea level on the beach by looking at how much water is visible beyond the oil platforms in the Gulf. There are things far away that I can not see on the beach.

You should try it some time.

And again of coarse you do because your field of perspective has changed but the horizon has lifted to your place of perspective with you. Another point of interest that flat earthers deal with.

Look, I expressed before that I find it interesting people from all walks of life and educational levels are now questioning science and taking heat for it. But believers have had to live with ridicule for believing the bible as true all along. I fully believe the flood happened and Noah built a boat and animals were saved. And the battle of Jericho happened as the bible says it did. I don't believe we came from a single cell squiggly that turned eventually into a creature that eventually turned into a land creature that became a monkey that became a human over billions of years. And it's equally hard to imagine  spinning balls circling a massive ball of fire in perfect harmony with the cosmos all hurling through the void of space with exploding stars, radiation belts, comets and black holes for those same billions of years without a hycup to end the process of life. I mean the odds must be staggering. Now, I believe God has everything in control in His time no matter how all this works but how much of science isn't science fiction?  Once I took the time and figured what the heart of the rational Flat earth people were talking about, and there is a lot of crazy stuff out there, I understood where they are coming from. I've come up with a few observations myself and, in a way, find a bit of fun and humor in it all.

Edited by Zemke

37 minutes ago, Zemke said:

That's fine, to me it makes no difference in a way if flat or round. But when I looked at these things objectively I found flat earthers have questions that mostly get ridicule or side stepped for other perspective argument. What doesn't seem to be a popular answer is a simple "I don't know why buildings stay in perspective at far distances and don't lean away." I'm sure there is an answer but I don't know why, that's why flat earthers will answer with, "because the earth just might be flat maybe?"

And again of coarse you do because your field of perspective has changed but the horizon has lifted to your place of perspective with you. Another point of interest that flat earthers deal with.

Look, I expressed before that I find it interesting people from all walks of life and educational levels are now questioning science and taking heat for it. But believers have had to live with ridicule for believing the bible as true all along. I fully believe the flood happened and Noah built a boat and animals were saved. And the battle of Jericho happened as the bible says it did. I don't believe we came from a single cell squiggly that turned eventually into a creature that eventually turned into a land creature that became a monkey that became a human over billions of years. And it's equally hard to imagine  spinning balls circling a massive ball of fire in perfect harmony with the cosmos all hurling through the void of space with exploding stars, radiation belts, comets and black holes for those same billions of years without a hycup to end the process of life. I mean the odds must be staggering. Now, I believe God has everything in control in His time no matter how all this works but how much of science isn't science fiction?  Once I took the time and figured what the heart of the rational Flat earth people were talking about, and there is a lot of crazy stuff out there, I understood where they are coming from. I've come up with a few observations myself and, in a way, find a bit of fun and humor in it all.

38 minutes ago, Zemke said:

Do yourself a favor and look up that video I told you about and understand why it seems the Bible says the world is flat.