• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Redemption79 said:

i feel like we just entered the twilight zone here

we are saved through faith in what Jesus Christ done for us on the cross, by the blood He shed

we are made righteous through faith

i will say however, that some have interpreted the parables of good servants and bad servants in the four Gospels as in that a genuine born again believers can still lose their salvation by caught in sin on Christ's second return.

as far as remarriage go, all i will say is there are plenty of born again believers who have been divorced that are on fire for the Lord and show the fruit of the Spirits

Are you Jehovah's witness or something

I am a disciple of Jesus. I associate with no single denomination while denouncing all others. I do denounce some. That is not for this conversation.

So when Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more, He was saying what to her if not go and sin no more?

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 minute ago, Redemption79 said:

so you think if a person is remarried, they could not repent for the failure of their previous marriage and receive forgiveness from Christ?

anyway, i was referring to your confusing suggestion ( as i recall) remarriage could cost a person's salvation.

metanoeó 
Strong's Concordance
metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from meta and noeó
Definition
to change one's mind or purpose
NASB Translation
repent (26), repented (5), repents (3).

On 5/13/2017 at 4:29 AM, Redemption79 said:

agree!

John 4:14-19New King James Version (NKJV)

14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband [singular], and come here.”

17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”

Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband [singular],’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one [husband] whom you now have [remarriage] is not your husband [adultery]; in that you spoke truly.”

19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.
-----------------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Hebrews 10:26

Edited by Daniel_Quartararo
Clarity

50 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

agree!

John 7:38 ESV
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Jeremiah 2:13 ESV 
For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I won't be addressing the remarriage thing. I was there once and it spiraled me down into a deep abuse of despair thinking God didn't want me anymore. I have the seal of God which is the Holy Spirit. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be.

When I said I was a big fat sinner I meant that I am unworthy. I am being sanctified and am nowhere close to how i used to be, but I still sin sometimes. 

Im sorry if I came across as defensive. Maybe typing isn't the best way to convey thoughts sometimes.

My feelings for this person was just a symptom of a deeper problem. Another symptom is an eating disorder I've been trying to heal from. I was severely abused as a baby and toddler and it affected who I am inside, not just spiritually but my brain didn't develop the way it was supposed to. But I know that through Christ I can overcome. I have borderline personality disorder and ptsd. And other problems that stem from those are eating disorders, drug abuse, obsessive behavior. All kinds of problems. I used to be very suicidal before I came to the Lord.

I assumed that my feelings for a married man were separate from all this, but my past history explains my constant need for validation and attention. So its not really about him, its about how he makes me feel. 

I started seeing a Christian therapist about all this. There is more, but I don't like to share because most Christians don't believe in mental illness. And I don't feel safe here.

7 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

May the Lord establish your steps, in Jesus' name. I only share what I have shared because I love you. Be whole, in Jesus' name.