Starting my relationship back with God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone I am in my early 40s employed full-time married with three children and feel like I have lost my relationship with God. I take an antidepressant  because of a previous marriage and my son almost dying in a bicycle wreck.  I was raised in a Christian family and I do believe in God. I did not go to church in a long time. The last time I was in a church was when I got married this last time. I feel as if  sometimes I don't have a close relationship with God or Jesus. I do believe and I pray every night but sometimes I just don't feel as if it's enough. I cuss a lot and do other things but I'm a good person and do not break the law. I wish I could feel closer in my heart but sometimes I question my faith. I don't know if my medication makes me feel this way or what. It's as if sometimes I just feel empty inside, I thought I would never question Gods existence but I do wonder sometimes. I know I'm blessed with a healthy family, job promotion, etc I just take it for granted. I don't know what to do to "renew" my faith so to speak. Just throwing this out there to see how I can feel alive again in God and Jesus.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

:emot-heartbeat:

Faith

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17 (English Standard Version)

And Love

Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16 (New American Standard Bible)

It's What We Stand Upon

For ever, O LORD, your word is settled in heaven. Psalms 119:89 (American King James Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, AsstRoadmaster said:

Hello everyone I am in my early 40s employed full-time married with three children and feel like I have lost my relationship with God. I take an antidepressant  because of a previous marriage and my son almost dying in a bicycle wreck.  I was raised in a Christian family and I do believe in God. I did not go to church in a long time. The last time I was in a church was when I got married this last time. I feel as if  sometimes I don't have a close relationship with God or Jesus. I do believe and I pray every night but sometimes I just don't feel as if it's enough. I cuss a lot and do other things but I'm a good person and do not break the law. I wish I could feel closer in my heart but sometimes I question my faith. I don't know if my medication makes me feel this way or what. It's as if sometimes I just feel empty inside, I thought I would never question Gods existence but I do wonder sometimes. I know I'm blessed with a healthy family, job promotion, etc I just take it for granted. I don't know what to do to "renew" my faith so to speak. Just throwing this out there to see how I can feel alive again in God and Jesus.

You are making a very wise decision to ask Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior. You will not be sorry that you did. Maybe God is trying to get your attention. It sounds like your relationship in Christ now is weak. You are not putting Christ as number one in your life. Is your wife a Christian? Your wife and family need God and you should be there to lead them. All you need to do is have a very honest talk to God. Tell Him exactly what is on your heart. Then let God do the rest.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

First step is to make sure you know you are going to heaven. Bible says that Christ dies to forgive your sins, and for us, it is basic to believe that we are free of the punishment of sin because of what Christ did for you.. nothing we can do makes us okay before God, its what Christ did for us .iF You can say, "yes I know for sure that Christ paid the price for me, and I'm going to heaven" you are in the family of God. Sin keeps us separate from God so we dont feel like we have a relationship with him--- so look into your soul- see what sin might lurk there- then in sincerity say to God " Lord, I am a sinner, I dont want to be, I want to turn around, please help me change"-- that is the second step-- once you have done those things and are confident you were sincere as much as is possible, then you need to find a Bible teaching Church, read scripture every day-- even if its only a chapter or two--- and pray-- pray for the people you like the least or people you hate--- once you learn to pray for them-- praying for everyone else becomes easy--- God says " Draw close to me, and I will draw close to you"-- his promise- if you take one step towards him-- he will take five steps toward you

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/12/2017 at 9:33 AM, AsstRoadmaster said:

I have to remind myself often that i not have to hold on to him. He knows i can't. That is why he holds on to us.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I also have to remind myself. The Lord made me. He walked among us in flesh. He knows what its like to be hungry, tired, cold, he knows how heavy our hearts can get. He kneeled praying with heart felt pain so strong his tears turn to blood "take this cup from me". I forget he understand the low times they dont make him disappointed in us.

Psalm 25:16-17 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.

I have to remember its not about me all the time. When i start measuring myself with a standard i have never been able to maintain. Its my own feelings of unworthyness that make me feel he is far away. But he is not those are the times he knew we would have and everything he did was to be close to be there for us when we fail ourselves.

Galatians 5:4  “You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.”

I have to remeber he leaves the 99 to seek the one that gets lost and when he finds us it feels him with joy. 

Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

I have to remeber God always answered Jesus' prayers and in John 17 he prayed for me. I have to remember he wants me to be where he is. He wants me to be in his kingdom and more then anything i have to remeber he is not out there somewhere that things can get between him and me. He is in me going through everything i go through with me.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 I pray not only for these,
but also for those who believe in Me
through their message.
21 May they all be one,
as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You.
May they also be one[f] in Us,
so the world may believe You sent Me.
22 I have given them the glory You have given Me.
May they be one as We are one.
23 I am in them and You are in Me.
May they be made completely one,
so the world may know You have sent Me
and have loved them as You have loved Me.
24 Father,
I desire those You have given Me
to be with Me where I am.
Then they will see My glory,
which You have given Me
because You loved Me before the world’s foundation.
25 Righteous Father!
The world has not known You.
However, I have known You,
and these have known that You sent Me.
26 I made Your name known to them
and will make it known,
so the love You have loved Me with
may be in them and I may be in them.

last when i feel empty or alone or overwhelmed i close my eyes and smile and say thank you Lord. I can always feel his love for me when i thank him. 

hope this helps. Your in my prayers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, AsstRoadmaster said:

Hi AsstRoadmaster,

It is good that you are seeing your need. You are not covering it up but being real. My thoughts are -

1. Wrong thoughts & speaking.

- You need to get rid of the `cuss a lot.` That is actually a big hindrance from you hearing God. Repent, say sorry for doing that & ask God to help you bit by bit to change that.

- The` I`m not good enough` thinking shows that you don`t realise what Jesus has done for you. You or any of us are never `good enough` it is ONLY by Jesus sacrifice that we are forgiven. You need to thank Him daily for His sacrifice for you that will save you from hell & give you eternal life which none of us deserve.

- `taking God`s blessings of family etc for granted.` You need to also daily start to thank God for your family & pray for them that they also learn to know God & walk in His ways.

2. Renewing you faith. This comes about as you develop a humble, thankful heart, & learn to be specific for what you are saying. God will surprise you as you start to appreciate what He has done for you & is doing. You will grow more sensitive to His ways & His voice.`

praying for you, Marilyn.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

There are good recommendations here already in ways to use biblical principals in how to live your life and have a closer relationship to Jesus. 

Practicing those principals in your community can provide external feedback to help you out as well.  You could find a local Christian volunteer group that works together to help people in need in your community.  For example, local groups in churches, Habitat for Humanity, and others do home repairs for people.  This can be a good way to meet other Christians living a humble, thankful life.  Work with groups like these is very rewarding and can be a good way to find fellow Christians trying to do the same things you're describing.  Finding and working with these people can help you become accountable to implementing change.  Some may become good friends, some mentors, and others een examples of what you should avoid doing.  The important part is that is gives you a social group outside your family and job to grow how you implement the changes to your life you're seeing in scripture.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You have received some very encouraging words and I just want to encourage you as well because you are making the best decision ever by seeking 
God with all your heart, your mind and your soul because he is with you and he loves you and is just waiting for you to receive him for who he is. He loves you just as you are now and wants you. Hebrews 11:5-6 

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a]For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Having doubts will strengthen your faith when you pursue the truth because then you will receive greater truth...please don't be ashamed to have doubts...God is mighty and he will show you the truth if you will humble yourself and ask him to show you.